Jump to content

Nicholas Falzone

Members
  • Content Count

    75
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Nicholas Falzone last won the day on January 12

Nicholas Falzone had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

24 Excellent

About Nicholas Falzone

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

558 profile views
  1. My peripheral mod will be of the Cooler Master MK850 Keyboard along side the Control Pad. I mostly wanted to make these pieces fit in with the aesthetic of the case better as they are already beautiful stock. The plan was to cut some Wenge and put that in place of the stock foam pads. To do this, I used my bandsaw to cut the Wenge at an angle and chamfered the edges. I then sanded everything to 600 grit for the smoothest possible finish. Before finishing, I added some magnets to attach the Wenge to the Keyboard and Control Pad since I no
  2. I wanted to finish up the Kumiko on the PSU side. I did this the same way as the fan grille. Only the outside frame has glue, the rest is simply friction fitted in place. Angle guide blocks: Getting pieces cut and fit: Main pieces all done: Now for a small Spruce panel to cover the wires: It was late so I mostly used hand tools: Fitted: A few shots of the progress so far. The loop is filled but has quite a few bubbles so I'm working on getting those out:
  3. I'm curious about this as well. It will be down to the wire for me.
  4. Its been a long time coming but its finally time to assemble the loop for the final time. Starting with making the final O-rings for the distro plate: Cut with a razer and glued together: Before attaching the pump, I decided to make some Wenge spacers since the bolts were a little too long: Then I attached the inside fan grill to the radiator: The clearance was super close on the fittings to the radiator: Installed: Installed fo
  5. I wanted to make something to hide the PSU a bit and tie this section of the case in with the rest. I decided on some more Kumiko reminiscent of the design on the fan grill. It will go here: I played with some scraps to get a design I liked. This will also cover the wires entering the PSU: I got to cutting, making the pieces slightly thinner than the fan grille pieces so they would fit: Testing fitment: Gluing it
  6. Routing wires through the front plat and trying to keep them flat is fun: Wiring through the acrylic panel is fun too: I needed to do both wires on the pump so that was next. I was nervous abut screwing this up but it turned out ok: Sleeved: More wiring: All buttoned up! Now I started routing the GPU power cable. There is actually an LED strip right under this too: Clean floor connection: Lastly I wanted
  7. Lots of pins: I made some double cable combs to keep things tidy: Trying to get the length right: A while later everything looks good. Fingers crossed that I put things in the right holes: Next I routed the CPU power cable and made some more cable combs for it: I then put more pins and attached it to the power supply. Next is time to work on the front panel wiring caddy thing. First thing is to
  8. I hate wiring so I wanted to make as easy as possible in this case and try to think ahead. I made many models of the wiring and mocked it up as much as I could before embarking on the real thing. The cables that came with the Cooler Master SFX PSU were also really nice so this made it easier although I made most of the cables myself. One of the big cables is the 24pin which turned out to be exactly the right length: This design eventually would change but it started like this. I also wanted to make custom cable combs out of wenge. This also went t
  9. I wanted to simplify the look of the motherboard a bit to match the clean design of the case. For this I used a combination of Wenge and brushed black aluminum. First up is the ram: I then drew up the motherboard pieces in cad and cut out samples to make sure my measurements were correct: Then I cut out the real thing is 2mm aluminum. Then I sanded the e
  10. Watercooling: I chose 12mm clear PETG for this case, using some bends also. I have not done bending before so this was a new challenge and I have more respect for people who do this often, its not easy. I first laid out all the fittings to see where they'd need to go. And got my tools ready: I used a cheap Barrow tubing cutter and a Primochill tube trimmer to get all the tubes dialed. Luckily I bought lots of extra tubing since there were a few misshaps, especially on the double b
  11. I wanted a bit of Pizazzzz in the center acrylic panel so I decided to route a groove and add an Alphacool LED strip in there. Luckily these are super thin so the groove could be small. I used the router table with a spiral carbide bit:
  12. I went back and forth on whether to make a shroud for the radiator and fan setup and decided to do it since it would clean up the inside of the case a bit. I made a model to make sure it would work with the other components. It would be made out of a combination of Wenge and brushed black aluminum from A.C.Ryan. I resawed some Wenge on the bandsaw and ran it through the drum sander to make it smooth: I then cut the pieces to length: For the joinery I wanted something simple but strong so I de
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..