CMII mod - Torn

pcjunkie209

I'm starting a new build with a Cosmos 2. I wanted this one to be different that the others out there so I figured I would try a BIG window. :) Not to sure whats gonna go in it yet as far as hardware but we will see. First lets get the case modded then we can worry about some hardware. I'll be uploading some pics soon.....

Specs-

Cosmos 2

CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 1050watt

Coolermaster Excalibur fans

?????

what inquiry? this is my worklog for a mod!

Ok so here's some pics. I started by tearing down the case and the door.....

image.php?album_id=1&image_id=550&mode=thumbnailimage.php?album_id=1&image_id=549&mode=thumbnailimage.php?album_id=1&image_id=548&mode=thumbnailimage.php?album_id=1&image_id=551&mode=thumbnailimage.php?album_id=1&image_id=552&mode=thumbnailimage.php?album_id=1&image_id=553&mode=thumbnail

little tool i made to remove the alum from plastic

image.php?album_id=1&image_id=555&mode=thumbnailimage.php?album_id=11&image_id=532&mode=thumbnail

can't seem to find my original pic but since I've done one of these cases already I used my previous pic to show plastic

image.php?album_id=11&image_id=534&mode=thumbnail

So here's where it gets fun.... :) Here I cut away most of the plastice for a big window...

image.php?album_id=1&image_id=556&mode=thumbnail

Then I start layout for my design on the alum of the door...

image.php?album_id=1&image_id=557&mode=thumbnail

I used the vent from the door as a template...

image.php?album_id=1&image_id=558&mode=thumbnailimage.php?album_id=1&image_id=559&mode=thumbnail

Then I attemp to route out 1/8inch for my window to sit in....

image.php?album_id=1&image_id=561&mode=thumbnailimage.php?album_id=1&image_id=562&mode=thumbnailimage.php?album_id=1&image_id=563&mode=thumbnail

Here's a rough outer door

image.php?album_id=1&image_id=560&mode=thumbnail

Thats it for now. thanks for looking... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived