Cosmos Cruizer - Finally Complete!

Boddaker

Wow, looks so gorgeous B) ! 

But.. what is the weight of this case now?

Good question.  If I get a chance, I'll put it on the scale to see how much it weighs after I fill it.  I bet it's probably close to 100lbs.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I wasn't able to get the Cruizer case running in time due to leaky fittings.  But I still wanted to show it, so I temporarily rigged it up with lights and fans..

LANcruizer1_sm.jpg

LANcruizer2_sm.jpg

LANcruizer3_sm.jpg

Now that I have some time, I will address the issues that arose as I was assembling it...
Electrical
- re-route wiring under floor so rear fans don't arbitrarily change modes
- Fix grounding issue with front LCD screen
- Add lighting to motherboard area
Cooling
- Fix leaks & refill
- Mix up correct color fluid
Cabling
- Clean up rear IO panel
- Reroute USB/DVI cables and cover
General
- Address panel alignment and fitment
- Finish and assemble hinged fuel door
- Finish and assemble Razer keyboard
- Add door popper feature with touch sensitive button

Should only be a couple more weeks and I'll have all the gremlins worked out and I can call it done. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Guess it's safe to update this project log, now that I actually managed to finish it! 

Since my last post I've had a lot to deal with (two deaths in the family just 37 days apart), but I'm finally managing to get my head back in the neighborhood of sanity.  Thanks to the much needed encouragement of my good friends, I was able to focus enough on this project to get it completed in time for PDXLAN last weekend.  Here are a few pics from that LAN..

Cruizer-LAN1_sm.jpg

Cruizer-LAN2_sm.jpg

Cruizer-LAN6_sm.jpg

It was great having the chance to step away from everything that has been going on recently. I really needed the therapy! I can't thank Richard Surroz and Brian Farrell enough for that.

And special thanks to CPU Magazine for choosing my case (over all the other insanely killer builds entered) for the April cover! That was a truly awesome cap to a perfect getaway weekend.  :D  And to have three of my primary long-time sponsors present (Primochill, EVGA, and Crucial) to see the finished product in person was just icing on the modding cake!

It was a long time in the making, but well worth it.   I will be doing a proper photo shoot with the case next week.  Until then!

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the long wait, but here are the final pics.  Enjoy! :)

Cruizer1_sm.jpg

Cruizer2_sm.jpg

Cruizer3_sm.jpg

Cruizer4_sm.jpg

Cruizer5_sm.jpg

Cruizer6_sm.jpg

Cruizer7_sm.jpg

Cruizer8_sm.jpg

Cruizer9_sm.jpg

Cruizer10_sm.jpg

Cruizer11_sm.jpg

Cruizer12_sm.jpg

Cruizer13_sm.jpg

Cruizer14_sm.jpg

Cruizer15_sm.jpg

Of course I would never have been able to build such an amazing case without the help of these amazing people..

Cruizer_Sponsors.jpg

BSMods-Logo-sm.jpg

Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived