Cooler Master 2012 Case & Cooler Mod Contest Begins NOW!!!

CM Ray

The Cooler Master 2012 mod contest is back! Not only do we have the TOWER MOD and SCRATCH BUILD categories, but we've added COOLER MODS this time around! Get your thinking caps on, tools ready and show us your mods. The prizes from Cooler Master, CM Storm, Asus and Kingston are bigger than ever! Sign up now.

Register from now until September 7, 2012.

Event site: http://modcontest2012.coolermaster.com/

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Cooler Master for putting together another great contest. One clarification point in the rules please. "Your mod must NOT be before April 2012." This rule was copied over from the 2011 Contest. That contest started in Feb 2011 and didn't allow a mod earlier than April 2010. The point is, last year's contest had a 10 month window for prior projects and this year's has a 3 month window. I wonder if the "April" was copied over by error and you really meant to have a 10 month window? Hope that makes sense.

While on the subject...does that mean the mod has to have been started since April or can't have been finished before April? For example...I have two projects. One was started in 2011 and finished in April 2012. I have another that was started in March 2012 and was finished last month. Which one is eligible to enter the contest? A big difference that has never really been clarified in previous CM contests.

Thanks.

Hey CM, Great to see this contest back again !!!

One small question ...

What is a Cooler Mod?

Only CM hardware ?

Built by CM employees ?

or ... ???

From what I understand, modding just the CPU heatsink/fan has become popular. Cooler Master's V6/V8/V10 series have big fancy shrouds and some even have lighting. It would be a great way to get more people involved by having a lower cost category for them to compete in. Steampunk heatsink anyone? :D

or ... ???

From what I understand, modding just the CPU heatsink/fan has become popular. Cooler Master's V6/V8/V10 series have big fancy shrouds and some even have lighting. It would be a great way to get more people involved by having a lower cost category for them to compete in. Steampunk heatsink anyone? :D

Awesome ! Sure is a good idea!

Thanks for clearing it up!

Archived