Cooler Master 2012 Case & Cooler Mod Contest Begins NOW!!!

CM Ray

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello everyone!.

Can i enter by modding this case? http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6664 Please let me know asap so I can get the ball running. Maybe Mullay can answer? So i'm wondering if its considered a case or not and if i can enter with it :)

Cheers!

Ace_Finlnad

Hi Ace_Finlnad, yes it qualifies as a case mod. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Hello to all of you,

wish you to have fun and lets make great mods.

Anyway I want to ask a question:

At April this year I started a mod announced at bit-tech and some other forums and the mod is still in progress but it wasn't announced on CM forum.

So now I should first post at standard CM Modding section and after that post info at 2012 Modding competition or I can go straight to the Modding contest section ?

Hello everyone!.

Can i enter by modding this case? http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6664 Please let me know asap so I can get the ball running. Maybe Mullay can answer? So i'm wondering if its considered a case or not and if i can enter with it :)

Cheers!

Ace_Finlnad

Hi Ace_Finlnad, yes it qualifies as a case mod. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Thanks! Case ordered! will start a build log as soon as it arrives!

I need a clarification on the cut-off date! I saw that CM says it cannot be started before January 2012, though, does that dating apply only to the CM forum website or any website?? Secondly, is like it SlipperySkip said that it cannot be completed before January 2012?? Third, where are the RULES posted to go read them, CM should make a sticky of the RULES! If so about the date window, THIS IS THE CRAPPIEST RULE I have ever seen. Some of the best MODS take at least a year to build if not more. I missed out on last years contest because it appeared I was not in the proper date window. Cooler Master should have the date be Set at a month or so after the last contest ended, just saying!!

Navigating the rules has always been a "feature" of the Cooler Master contest. Back is the requirement to post a photo of your components in your first project log post. I know what that actually means because we had it clarified last year. The rule was never edited so here we are again.

I apologize to CM for being a pain-in-the-:) and I really do appreciate you guys putting on this contest but....case modders tend to be extremely detail oriented and we like our contests to be the same. Again...sorry.

@Cle216 and @slipperskip appreciate your suggestions to helps us improve the contest. And regarding the questions, any project that started or completed prior to January does not qualify for the contest. And the rules are in the 2nd tab of the registration page at: http://modcontest2012.coolermaster.com/rules.php

I understand why the rule is the way it is. CM only wants to have mods built in 2012 in the competition. I belief that CM than is leaving or segregating a possible sizable portion of the community. I state this, because it would be hard for a user to try and build a case before the announcement of CM competition. We don't know if the date is going to vary from year to year. Even if I started my build in January it would never be done by your deadline because of the craftsmanship involved. Don't block me out because I work a full time 40+ hour a week job and I make everything in the mod by hand and Not by laser cutter, lathe, and CNC. Some builds require long lengths of time before they are completed. The way I produce and other people fabricate their mods around their required daily work routine to pay the bills requires dedication because of the hundreds if not possible 1000+ hours involved before the build is completed due to their Fabrication Process.

This will be the second time I will have been left out of this competition due to a date rule! I'm willing to bet there are other people out there in the same position. I truly believe that CM needs to rethink the rules once again and maybe even take the discussion to the community! It is still early in the competition. The modding community is about bringing modders together and sharing ideas, concepts, and proof of technology. Their related builds should be able to compete in a competition within a reasonable time frame. We all deserve a fair shot at getting some bragging rights for our work. Dream Big Mod Big.

Sincerely,

David Biro

aka.

Bit-Tech: Cleveland216

Hardforum: Caliche

CM Forum: Cle216

Builder: Triphane, Aelro Dynamic, SSR-X

Archived