Cooler Master 2012 Case & Cooler Mod Contest Begins NOW!!!

CM Ray

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question about the rules, in particular rule number 4:
4. Before you begin, you must take (1) or more pictures of all the components you will be using and post in your thread (please make sure all components are recognizable, this is for us to verify that you meet the requirements

What if you don't have all the components at the start of the build?

Personally I don't have all the materials and components yet, I buy new stuff during the build. Should I just add pictures of the new stuff when I have it, or is it required to add all components to the first post?

This was asked and not clearly answered to be sure. The answer was that is was to show a cooler master component in the build?

I want to be sure and clear about rule 4. There is no way I can proceed if everything up front had to be pictured. The Cosmos II and a few items are here and I need to begin but my parts will be trickling in till the very last minute. Please clarify, I think alot of "all ready builts" will have this problem too. Thanks!

Good Luck everyone!

This was asked and not clearly answered to be sure. The answer was that is was to show a cooler master component in the build?

I want to be sure and clear about rule 4. There is no way I can proceed if everything up front had to be pictured. The Cosmos II and a few items are here and I need to begin but my parts will be trickling in till the very last minute. Please clarify, I think alot of "all ready builts" will have this problem too. Thanks!

Good Luck everyone!

I've asked my contact person about this, because the size of my scract mod exclude almost all CM products, and he says they wont be so stickt with Scratch Mods abuot using CM products. However, they'll be happy if 'we' use any CM products, even the smallest ones. (Case and cooler mods must use a CM case or cooler)

I also asked about the range of the products and we can use anything CM has ever produced. Legacy and mobile products are in the game too, just like thermal compounds.

My question is: "rule #4, I have a COOLER MASTER CASE, but not ALL of any brand products I am going to use to take a picture of ALL of the items before I start. is that rule going to change?" I don't see how people that have Already Built entries can take a picture of ALL the items used before they build.

• 2 weeks later...
My question is: "rule #4, I have a COOLER MASTER CASE, but not ALL of any brand products I am going to use to take a picture of ALL of the items before I start. is that rule going to change?" I don't see how people that have Already Built entries can take a picture of ALL the items used before they build.

regardless if they require a pic of all your hardware or not just go back and edit post as you get new hardware and add pics. :)This rule is just to make sure u use CM products for your entry.

My question is this Mr. Admin- I have been told that sponsored mods have some rules also? So can you please state those rules here? Because from what I've been told if I get, lets say a custom GPU backplate made by a sponsor I am DQ'ed because I didn't do the work. If this is so that would be like saying, I request a gpu from a sponsor and I'm DQ'ed because I didn't make that GPU. Right? It's the same regardless of how u look at it. So if this is true please inform us so I can continue my mod because I have a Sponsor that wants to come aboard to support me and he offers services I am not capable of doing without his high-tech machinery. Thanks in advance.

I know this is my 1st real contest and personally, I approach everything with COMMON SENSE but some could really mess up the competition at the very end using the rules against finalists if they are not clarified.

For example, In the SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS it says:

If you plan to use sponsored components for your mod:

All modding work must be done by you, not the sponsors.

You cannot do any advertising for the sponsors or any product in your worklog

(i.e. posting links to online ecommerce sites for the product).

The problems here are "All modding work must be done by you, not the sponsors".

I have sent my designs, layout, schematics and the 3Ds MAX file for a acrylic etching, be easy to nit pick that.

or

A special cooling plate made for a Mod, Heck if ANTEC donates a etched window panel it violates the rule.

2nd problem, "You cannot do any advertising for the sponsors or any product in your worklog" nitpickers will flag anyone that used a sponsor LOGO in the build log as advertising, I seen them now on many logs here already.

these things need to be clarified to the public NOW before they are issues for sore losers later that will only hurt the whole process.

Please take this seriously before it is a problem in the end and ruins the win, the joy, the pleasure we do this for...

Thank You.

Al Shuryan Co-ChaIr/Director PCs4VETS a 501 © (3) Service Disabled Veteran Owned Charity.

-Last night (9-29-12), after adding some stuff to my work-in-progress case mod, I saw this thread with over 3000 hits and thought,†WOW, that must be quite a project â€. I went in and realized that this was some sort of forum for people, I guess mostly competitors, to air doubts/critiques/comments. The issue at hand that day, as I understood it to be, was the potential conflict with the rules and the propriety of competitors having the work done on their mods rather than doing it themselves and/or their being sponsored, which presumably entails having above average support in resources (money/advice/tooling?). “What should I be expecting?†Some of you may cynically say. Yes, I lived long enough to have seen how the original soap box derby competition was corrupted to the point where the only thing that some kids do is to drive it and tighten a screw so the rules are complied with and to have seen the rules grow lax, too. I have had children so -I also know that when their school projects competed, they were competing against a lot of projects mostly done by the kids’ parents. Anyway, after giving it some thought, I felt that the issue deserved comment.

-As I stated under my project, I am a newbie at this but, I am probably older than the majority of the competitors. I entered this competition thinking that I would pit my skills against others. I saw some of the work being done and was awed by it. Still, I went ahead even though I knew that, in what I thought to be a “mano-a-mano†contest, I had no chance of winning but, the way I saw it, it would help stimulate my mind and manual dexterity and give me some measure of pride in that I’d done a decent job in what I had set to accomplish.

-On one hand, I think about a sculpture competition where some are themselves going at it with a hammer and chisel while other competitors are delegating the sculpting of their “masterpiece†to others. Is that fair? And let’s complicate the issue, in this modern age there may be a computer driven machine that would sculpt based on a design. Does it make a difference if the competitor owns the machine, in which case he is technically doing the work him/herself?

-On the other hand, what if you come up with a fantastic design, a design that could win, but cannot built it yourself because of physical disability and/or a complete lack of manual/mechanical talent and/or even laziness? Should your concept not be able to compete?

-While trying to avoid joining the cynical crowd, I do not want to miss seeing the work being done by those who “contract outâ€. Really, some of that work is just amazing. One thing that occurs to me to address the fairness, moral and ethical conflict is that different subdivisions be created for each CM category. One subdivision would be for the DIY that does the design, cutting, drilling, painting, etc. him/herself; the other would be for those who do the design and have part of the work or all of the work done by others. Just saying. . .

Archived