Test bench V2 by Ace_finland [CM test bench] - FINISHED

Alexander Hede

Back with a new update!

Finally decided to go with circular mesh, the hex mesh i got was only 1mm thick aluminum and was not stable enough. This is the color i went with, gun metal gray. Will make a slight contrast to the black powder coating.

Mesh.jpg

For quite a while I've been thinking about what to do for GPU supports, I've seen a few versions out there but nothing that would fit my mod. The biggest problem has been production time of something more complicated that i would have to mill or grind from aluminum. So when I finished another project of mine (homebuilt CNC router) I decided to put it into its first good use (haven't had time to use it since all my time has been spent on the case).

This is what i wanted but wouldn't have had time to complete without the router.

Test mount straight after milling all three parts.

E7B6A405-7546-4B69-A4E1-B51DA9099829-1841-00000199DDA936F3.jpg

Glass blasted and painted. Also countersunk one side and threaded M5 threads into the rear of the aluminum.

PCIe1.jpg

Close up of the support

PCIe2.jpg

Now you are probably wondering how i will physically attach the gpu's to the support. Haven't had time to see if it works but there is no reason this shouldn't. You mount it from the rear of the support so the tab from the GPU go between the support and the "extra bit" Then you just turn the screws to pinch the tab from the GPU to the support.

PCIe3.jpg

Also tried some engraving, my gf wasn't happy with the font, placement, size and basically everything, but I like it, It's about 0.5mm deep

Tag1.jpg

Also covers a extra hole in the case, although this won't be visible when the motherboard is installed but still a nice touch :) Still needs a bit of filing to make it fit perfect.

Tag2.jpg

More updates coming very soon seeing that the mod competition ends in about a weeks time.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to assemble the case in order to figure out where to drill holes in the mesh, so figured i would try to take a photo of the leds going at the same time, took around a 100photos before my gf snapped these two. It still doesn't show off the real red but it is awesome in my eyes :D This is as low as it goes, if i crank it up all the way u won't see the case. Gonna check with some ppl if there is a solution to get this right for the final shots.

Test1.jpg

test2.jpg

Let me know what you think!

New update! Getting close to the end of the Coolermaster competition! Have been very busy the last weekend, spent around 30hrs on the computer on saturday and sunday and had to take today off work just to get it up and running. Taking it to get photographed tomorrow so i can get some proper shots of it for the competition.

Sorry if its not in order the update, a bit stressed due to still having a lot to do before the photo shoot.

Anyways, gonna start with the parts. A lot of the parts are from my previous build but there are also new parts

Coolermaster test bench

Intel 3570K

Asus Maximus GENE-V

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 1600MHz

128gb OCZ Vertez 2 SSD

Corsair AX850 PSU

2 X Gainward GTX570

2 x Lamptron FC5 V2

4 x Schyte Gentle Typhoon

A lot of leds

Watercooling:

2 x EK-FC5X0 GTX GW Backplate - Black

2 x EK-RES X3 150

2 x EK-DDC X-TOP CSQ - Acetal

2 x EK-CoolStream RAD XT (240)

1 x EK-MOSFET ASUS M5G - Acetal + Nickel

1 x EK Supremacy cpu block

1 x EK Dual parallell sli block

2 x laing ddc pumps

A lot of EK fittings

Mayhem's Aurora tharsis red

Parts.jpg

Sleeved the led wires, the cat loves it

Sleevedled.jpg

Installed in the acrylic

Sleevedledwithacrylic.jpg

The lamptrons installed

Lamptron.jpg

Mounted the rads and the fans to an xspc rad mount, quite a tight fit, a little bit over 1mm to spare :)

Tightfit.jpg

Plumbing done on loop 1, was a bit more difficult than i first expected. Ignore the blue cables, resleeved them after

plumbingdone.jpg

Had to check what it looked like with the Hyper212 that i've used during the build. Had to remove all the water cooling so i could get all the sizes right

Hyper212.jpg

So many cables, had to cut every cable and shorten them, they would not fit in the case as is.

cables.jpg

Tried to get hold of some genuine CoolerMaster sticker but it was a lot harder than i expected. So contacted Coolermaster and got approved to make my own stickers. Was gonna go with normal stickers but due to the case is slightly textured it wouldn't look good so went with these polyurethane based "3D" stickers. Got a few different color combinations made so i could pick the one i liked the most. Big thanks to Mr Glasberg for making these priority 1 and making them in more or less a day

Coolermastersticker.jpg

Coolermastersticker2.jpg

Assembled and more or less ready to go.

Leak test ongoing

leaktest2.jpg

leaktest.jpg

Don't wanna post too many pictures of the bench, gonna wait until tomorrow after the "proper" photos are taken. Next update most likely tomorrow.

Looks great so far, nice bit of hardware you got for the mod.

keep up the good work, not long to go now

Thanks! Yeah, a bit of the components are getting a bit old but don't wanna upgrade seeing they work just fine :) Do you got a mod going in this competition? tried looking but didn't find any :)

Looks great so far, nice bit of hardware you got for the mod.

keep up the good work, not long to go now

Thanks! Yeah, a bit of the components are getting a bit old but don't wanna upgrade seeing they work just fine :) Do you got a mod going in this competition? tried looking but didn't find any :)

Thanks for asking, yeah kinda got a new mod for the comp, but the hardware only arrived last week, water cooling components in transit with carrier atm, bits of case all over the place!

I'm working crazy to try to finish on time, but sometimes you get a bad feeling about things :?

So here we go. As I'm looking through the pictures taken yesterday i realize i should have taken a lot more. Anyways, here are most of them without posting very similar looking ones. Enjoy!

Without leds on. Sadly a few fingerprints on it but better with them there than photoshopped away :)

Front1-1.jpg

Front2-1.jpg

Gpu loop

Loop2.jpg

Front3.jpg

Side1.jpg

Leds on

Ledson1.jpg

Ledson2.jpg

Rear1.jpg

Archived