(Scratch Build) The Imp

Toppy

Ahh sweet...first cooler master mod comp entered ...will be posting pics of my design in the next few hours...as i have to draw them out because im not a unber leet c.a.d user like afew peeps on here (note to self...learn c.a.d)

Anyway i hope you enjoy my mod ..like i say pics will be here soon...infact i will throw one on now to give you a taster...it prob isnt gunna be as the pic shows as you know you end up changing things as you go along...but here you go a sneak peak :D

infact here have 2 pics :P

2qlvr5k.jpg

2agrk1f.jpg

Been wanting to use this stuff of awhile now...mix same amount of each together and pour into a mould ...sets in around 5 mins...good stuff :)

33usi92.jpg

And this is the finished outcome of the 3x dragon heads which im going to paint ...i dont think im using the fan grill behind i will make my own to go with the 3 heads.

fnuz5t.jpg

lol sorry i had to make something :D i will post more designs soon and what i am throwing into the case aswell.

internals:-

fx8150 8 core

asrock 990fx extreme3 mobo

16gig white vengance mem

2x 120 ssd hdd

slimline dvd burner

sapphire 6950

corsair h80 cooler

evo labs 700w psu

n4zajr.jpg

Today i have been abit busy..but i had time to find a old shell of a cm690 and take the back and mobo tray off it.

e01qgp.jpg

Still have to cut this down to size yet..need to get rid of the slot holes at the front of the tray and the psu hole aswell :/

d66fq.jpg

oh postmans arrived 2x red cooler master fans ..schweet :D

e6up1c.jpg

How im going to have the front external airflow for the psu ..will be using different grill on the back of the cut out area.Also the rom drive cut out at the top.

aabrb6.jpg

Been abit constructive yesterday cut out all the main bit i needed to ready for the case to be assembled :)

rsh642.jpg

Glued the front and top piece together

biutr8.jpg

Also a little sneak peak at what my top fan cover is gunna look like :P ...will be some perspex added to this in the center with some etching aswell

v2ur9k.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay from last post..work and life taking over..but here's how the case is at so far on stage one...needs abit of filling around the edges and a good sanding down..also needs 2 blanking panels putting in one about 100mm from the front top to bottom and then one along the bottom running flush with the bottom of the mother board.

10s6991.jpg

Also i found these child locks for kitchen cupboards i thought might work well as a lock for my case door...abit of jiggary pokery and i think i can make them look like belt buckles ...maybe :P

2e6hc1w.jpg

Scrapped the front door idea going with afew diff ideas so the internals are abit more visable..more to come soon just work is more important atm to be able to fund this mod :P

• 1 month later...

Archived