CM STORM TROOPER

FERRARI GTO 599 MOD

Derek Smith

530519_3564823298163_1767737841_n.jpg

Banner.jpg

FERRARI+BUILD+LOGO.jpg

Tribute+Photo.jpg

2nd+background+enigma+ferrari+build.jpg

The Theme of this build is based on this Car Pictured below.

The Ferrari 599 GTO

002+Concept.jpg

The Case that I chose to mod is the The COOLER MASTER STORM TROOPER

Concept Prototype Design

01+Concept.jpg

05+Concept.jpg

END RESULT

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0505+%282%29.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0461+%282%29.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

TPU+12A.jpg

TPU+14.jpg

IMG_0074.JPG

TPU+11.jpg

TPU+03.jpg

First thing to be done is to get the original Paint off the Side Panels..

This was accomplished with steel brush, Airplane Paint remover, and some 320 grit Sanding paper..

Ferrari+Panel+001.JPG

Also the Top of the Case had to have the Rubberized coating removed.. this was accomplished with Laquer thinner...

CIMG3534.JPG

First to cut out the two windows but before that was to try and come up with the right window to fit the Case. Since this case did not come with a window I had to use my imagination.. so I came up with a discrete window at the top and one small Vanity window at the bottom to equal out the design.

Here I am using Green Frog tape a permanent marker and a coin to make my Design fit the Panel.. I am Carefully following the Contours of the Case to make the window fit the design of the panel..

CIMG3566.JPG

[imghttps][/img]

CIMG3569.JPG

CIMG3571.JPG

CIMG3574.JPG

CIMG3576.JPG

CIMG3579.JPG

CIMG3582.JPG

Ferrari+Chrome+Badge.jpg

Getting my Ferrari Emblems were really the hardest things to buy.. you know you need them but which ones??? I got some of all of them Except the ones that were 200 dollars a piece.

IMG_0361.JPG

One of the scariest things a modder can do is take a perfect factory paint job and completely toast it like this.

Ferrari+Side+Panel+02.JPG

Then After cleaning it up you feel a little better but not much..

Ferrari+Panel+001.JPG

Then to apply the Carbon Fiber DI NOC Vinyl to the sides and carefully cut it to fit the pattern..

IMG_0324.JPG

Couldn't help trying to see what the Emblems were going to look like on the Vent so I put it back on fast.. ..LOL. .

IMG_0332.JPG

At this point I painted the base coat and will be waiting for the paint to dry before applying the Clear Coat.

IMG_0369.JPG

Now the Clear Coat is applied over all of the surface of the Newly done panel.. Wow that turned out good.

photo.jpg

Finished the Top.. The Di NOC really works well on this build.. Great around all the corners and edges..

Ferrari+Top.jpg

The Same Process was used on the top. First the DI NOC and cutting of the DI NOC.

Tapeing over the new DI NOC with two layers of Green tape and under too before spraying your

primary color and then spray your Clear Polyurithane.

Matching the Paint is done by buying enough paint the very first time you buy it.

You really want to buy too much and take back what you don't use or your Paint might look different.

When painting any spray... Stay away from any humidity at all and use a Hair drier after each spray to allow the paint to dry with out condensation build up on it..

Also if a bug lands on it.. DONT PANIC.. Let it DIE AND DRY.. you can fix him after it is dry.. Resist going after it immediately.

I sanded between each coat with 800 and 1000 to get the base coat even. Three coats of Poly on the top between sanding too. Clean between coats with tack cloth.

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

I Bought my Smoked glass from MNPCTECH.com.. They sell very high Quality Smoked Acryilic. I used the Tape of the god's to

Hold the Window into place and set my Stickers after laying them out on the panel before gluing them down.

The sources of my Stickers came from many different sources all on EBay. The little Chrome Horsey's came from the Gas Cap

From a Real car that had been Savaged after a Crash.

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

Of course all this work kills the inside of the panel and lets face it, the back panel is important too... so I desided to

use the metallic looking Stuff you use in the parking lot to keep the SUN out of your car while you are not in it..

and I used Air Conditioning Tape to piece the different shape together to make it look like a Heat sheild as in a Race or Sports Car.

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

The Computer build is my personal build that I have had since Christmas. The H-100 cooling system was new

with this build and it is set up in Push / pull Blowing inside the case and out the back again..

The Tubing is high pressure Fuel lines that I bought to cover the Video Power leads and the H-100 hoses.. They are for

looks and to keep the theme of the mod alive but they are not functional..

IMG_0082.JPG

TPU+14.jpg

The Chrome on the inside covering the hard Drive bays is Roofing Flashing that come in small Retangles.

They are very cheap and look great on any build if you want a modular look.

Use double sided tape to paste them on a plastic yard sign and then they are very easy to move when you

need to work on it later after the mod is completed. The tiles are seperated by thin Chrome Plastic Side molding

that I bought from the Auto parts store..

The lighting came from The Auto parts place as well .. They are 12 Volt LEDs and are extremely bright but not

bright enough to look like a toaster oven..... as some of the High intensity lighting are.

The carbon fibre & red do go together very well. Is it car heating hose that you have used for the cooling system? Only thing I'm not too sure of are the clips used to retain the hose, kinda looks very early PC water cooling with the clips. Think I'd try to use something else or paint the silver clips at least to match the rest of the case mod.

Overall looks good & not see another like it so pretty original :D

I understand what you are saying but those are Fuel lines and the actual Hose clamps that Ferrari uses.. I know I could use prettier stuff but I wanted to stay TRUE to the Automotive Theme of the Build.. That's why I used them..

Here is just one example of what I am talking about.

56-Ferrari_500TR_DV-07-RH-e06.jpg

Archived