02 Himuro for SSDs

03 Test fitting parts and sneak peak of the front panel

04 Graphics card

05 Chassis construction continued

06 Cleaning the motherboard

07 Chassis construction continued

--

Hi guys!

Eterne will be my new scratch build for this competition. Aim is to make it rather compact for an ATX-case - volume should be around 20 liters. I also love the 90° motherboard mounting so it will be featured here.

For hardware I'm reusing my old components plus some new ones:

MB: Crosshair IV Formula

CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

GPU: Radeon HD7850

SSD: Vertex 2 120GB + Vertex 3 120GB

PSU: Strider Plus 750W

For CPU cooling I'm getting the new H100i cooler with Coolermaster Excalibur BBB fans.

And now onto the start without any longer stories.. :mrgreen:

Just some 3mm and 5mm aluminum here for starters.. Oh, and everything in this project will be hand built from aluminum - no fancy CNC etc for me. :)

Eterne2-006.jpg

Eterne2-007.jpg

Eterne2-72.JPG

Notice the inverted standoffs for motherboard. :wink:

Eterne2-58.JPG

Final size will be pretty much the same as seen here - it's rather tall compared to depth and width. Dimensions are currently about 410 x 310 x 158 mm.

More coming soon! :)

Good to see that you are to hand make everything, going to be hard work, but a good start you got going I feel.

CNC or laser cutting is sometime required, depends on what you wish to achieve & your level of being able to hand craft everything. Not everyone has the tools & equipment to allow such items to be made. Hence some choose CNC or laser cutting against the cost of buying equipment etc, etc

Keep up the good work :D

Thanks E22! :)

Thank you frozensnail! Oh, and I like to think that anything can be made by hand, but it's really a personal reference. I just love hand work and the final result feels much more personal that way. :D

Here's part made from 5mm alu for mounting the PSU:

Eterne2-33.jpg

Eterne2-59.JPG

Eterne2-008.JPG

Eterne2-61.JPG

Also notice the L-profile which will be used to route cables.

Hi again!

I updated previous posts with couple more photos. :)

And here's something new - Himuro for SSDs. Very beautiful piece of hardware.. I wish I would've got couple of these for my previous systems. :D

Eterne2-82.JPG

Eterne2-83.JPG

Testing with one SSD.. There should be plenty of space for two of those. Might even try to cram a third one in. :)

Eterne-99.jpg

Eterne-100.jpg

Next back to chassis construction..

Some work with the front panel:

Eterne2-62.JPG

Eterne2-63.JPG

And since I have a couple of Himuros, I decided to try how it looks painted..

Eterne2-019.jpg

I rather like it, but I'm not sure if that color will stay.. Not to say I'm not 100% sure about the color theme either. :mrgreen: Might use the black one anyway.

Quick test fitting with rough cut parts:

Eterne2-020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived