[Scratch Build] Project Simodd - Finished

Fifas

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, first let me say I'm sorry because I don't have any new photos or updates, but I want to tell you some stuff about what I'm working

The "mod project" itself it's practically done. Now I just need to finish the little "extras" I've already talk about...I will make a Handbrake (Rally/Drift style, next to the Gearbox), a Gear and RPM light, and a Button Box, for extra buttons.

Maybe later a better hardware, but not for now.

Another thing that people ask me about it's the monitor stand. I have a new project for a better monitor stand, with VESA mounting. That way, I can have different monitors. And this will allow me to have triple monitors too. But I will not build that for now. Need to find a job first :oops:

Meanwhile, I've been working on another "toy". A homemade CNC, and will use it to make some small stuff for this project :D

And one more time, Thank you all for your feedback! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the lack of updates, but finnaly found a temporary job, and had no time for the project :oops:

Meanwhile, had a problem with the FAN Controller. The problem is that my Cooler Master Fans don't like the PWM control at all, and they make a really loud buzz.

So, after a little messing with PWM frequencies in the Arduino, ended with this:

Still not perfect, so I need to change it to work without PWM, and still need to make the program to controll it without need to type the values all the time :mrgreen:

One more update :D

Today I'm working on this:

But It isn't working as I planned :oops:

The serial communication isn't working that well, so the program in the video it's only a simulation.

Also, the 7-segment display needs to be changed. I bought a Common Cathode one and the store send me a Common Anode. Only noticed when turn the board and the display went on holidays :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

So, yesterday i did some progress in the "extras" :thumb:

Found this little box, and that gave me an idea ...So started drilling

DSC_4614.JPG

And a little more dremmel work

DSC_4616.JPG

Glued a switch in the inside with some PVC (This is only a prototype, so I didn't work in small details)

DSC_4617.JPG

The found this cable management tube...Perfect

DSC_4618.JPG

Cutted and drilled, and started assembling

DSC_4619.JPG

And finally...

DSC_4620.JPG

..put some tape in it, just for the bling :D and boom. my new handbrake :D

DSC_4621.JPG

DSC_4622.JPG

DSC_4623.JPG

DSC_4624.JPG

DSC_4625.JPG

It's connected to an old gamepad board. I will make a nice PCB for it, and remove that cable coming from the inside

DSC_4626.JPG

What do you guys think? :oops:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Just a quick update.

I painted my "Handbrake Prototype"

DSC_4777.JPG

DSC_4779.JPG

DSC_4782.JPG

And placed it

DSC_4786.JPG

DSC_4791.JPG

Tomorrow will likely post some final pics of the build. I want to make some new stuff, and update the hardware, but that will take some time, so I'm finishing here the project. Maybe later, when I get a job I'll make some updates.

Thank you all for all the support! :cheers:

Here are some final shots of the complete build. Hope you like it! ;)

DSC_4805.JPG

DSC_4814.JPG

Only noticed the plexi off it's place in the photos :P Sorry

DSC_4808.JPG

DSC_4824.JPG

DSC_4828.JPG

DSC_4830.JPG

DSC_4831.JPG

DSC_4834.JPG

One more time, thank you all for your support! Really appreciate it! :cheers:

Archived