Project Cosmos II (Ducati Red)

frozensnail

Following on from the first Cosmos II that I built earlier this year, painted in my Kawasaki Plasma blue, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15534

Several mates suggested that the second Cosmos II should be a Red version.

Theses comments I took on board & it referred me back to the Cosmos S that I built in 2008 for one of the, i series UK LAN events.

Lots of mods were carried out to the Cosmos S, including being the first to run water cooling fluid with glitter along the two top rails, which look rather cool as the pump swirled the fluid down the acrylic rail creating a good affect. The top cover of the Cosmos S was removed & I pain staking made a motorized spine back that allowed the hot air to be efficiently removed from the dual water cooling loop.

Of late I feel that sometimes in a case mod ‘less = more’ (Clean Build) so with the Cosmos II which I thing that I’m going to paint Ducati Red, the case mod should look cool without being over the top, as after all you have to live with what you create & want to feel happy about it whatever the result.

Anyway down to businessïŠ

Firstly I’ve got to thank several manufactures for the bits ‘n’ bobs in order to carry this out,

intel-logo.jpg

Coolermaster_logo.jpg

Sapphire_logo_black.jpg

hyperx_logo2.jpg

Bitspower.jpg

EK.jpg

Specialtech.jpg

phobya-logo.jpg

alphacool_logo.jpg

bitfenix_small_black_logo.jpg

Stage 1 –

After becoming accustomed to stripping the new Cosmos II down this all took place fairly quickly,

The hardware & water cooling going into the case is as follows,

Cooler Master 1200w silent pro gold PSU

Sapphire Pure Black P67 Motherboard

Intel i5 2500k

16GB of Kingston DDR3 1600Mhz Memory

240GB Kingston HyperX SSD

2x Sapphire HD6950 Graphics cards

EK 360mm Radiator

EK 240mm Radiator

Bitspower CPU Water block

Bitspower Memory Cooler

Bitspower Dual D5 pump combo & reservoirs

Bitspower Carbon Black 3/8 compression fittings

Bitfenix Cable extensions

Bitfenix 120mm Red LED fans

Stage -2

Now I’ve got the bare chassis stripped fully I’m planning my water cooling loop of which there will be two, 360mm radiator cooling the CPU & memory. Having experience of using the Sapphire P67 in previous builds, the chipset stays remarkably cool. With the air flow carried though the case there appears not any need to water cool it & I’ve found the P67 to it’s thermal limits in the past using water cooling,

cos_3.jpg

cos_4.jpg

cos_5.jpg

cos_6.jpg

cos_7.jpg

cos_8.jpg

The second water cooling loop is for the 2x HD6950’s using the EK 240mm radiator.

Once measured out the 240mm radiator is soon installed along with the Bitfenix Red LED fans.

cos_10.jpg

cos_11.jpg

cos_12.jpg

cos_14.jpg

cos_15.jpg

cos_16.jpg

Next the Bitspower Dual D5 pump is fitted where there once was hard drive mountings. There were pretty easy to remove by drilling out the rivets.

cos_19.jpg

cos_20.jpg

cos_21.jpg

cos_22.jpg

cos_23.jpg

Archived