[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

Jim Weist

AyI9EQf.jpg

Hello there Cooler Master Community!! Well I have been busy lately! Finished up Grey Matter, started my Fractal Design build, and also started a 4x2CNC build.  I took the case feet from my Fractal build and moved them to this project because I have a good idea for them. I want to thank the companies so far supporting this build, I appreciate it!

eYVxpq9.png

About this project:

Again I was looking into color schemes that are not often worked with, I wanted to do something unique and creative like Grey Matter, so I decided to use a ROG theme! Haha just playing! I decided on a polished copper and white theme, I am calling it Cyprus 29. I came up with the name because the first copper mines in the world were located on the island of Cyprus and 29 is the atomic number on the periodic table for copper. I have some copper sheet, white paint and acrylic, polished copper finish paint, polished copper vinyl wrap. I will be using white Primochill revolvers with 1/2" copper tubing and white pastel liquid. Its going to be an interesting theme and a lot of fun to do!

Here will be the compiled list of components:

<> PC Components:

[x] Case : Cooler Master HAF 935

[x] PSU : Cooler Master V750w Semi-modular Gold Plus

[x] CPU: Intel

[x] MoBo: Asus z97 Sabertooth

[x] RAM: 

[x] GPU: 2x Evga 780 GTX

[x] SSD: 2x Corsair Force LX 256Gb - Raid 0

[x] Optical: 

<> Water Cooling System:

[x] 2x Handmade acrylic waterfall reservoirs

[x] Primochill 1/2"OD PETG Tubing

[x] 15x Primochill Nickel Plated Bulkhead

[x] 50x Primochill Revolver Fittings - Straight Knurl

[x] Primochill Intensifier Sicle Colors

[x] Swiftech Apogee XL - Clear - CPU Block

[x] 2x Swiftech Komodo-NV GPU Block

[x] Swiftech 240mm Radiator

[x] Swiftech 360mm Radiator

[x] Swiftech PWM MCP35x2 Pump - With Heatsink

<> Mod Parts:

[x] 1/8" white acrylic sheet

[x] 1/8" clear acrylic sheet

[x] 3/8" aluminum clockwerk case cubes

[x] 3mm white LED

[x] Mod/Smart white MaxCord paracord

[x] 2x Mod/Smart 20 light LED board

Parts bought from MNPCtech.com

m3_ek_alphacool_feser_radiator_screws_an

mesh5_09fg-5q.32.jpg

Uchannel1_6iva-5n.jpg

Alright. With all that out of the way, lets take a look at this beast of a case. First thing I did was get it out of the box and tear some of it down to start planning the component orientation. Thanks again to Cooler Master North America for the case!

FXLhFMv.jpg

AfLcvsG.jpg

dk0k5Uo.jpg

IrU91Zf.jpg

dVpxsdi.jpg

In case you missed them on he Black Frost Fractal build, here are the beast mode case feet from Casefeet.com. I am going to paint them copper and make white rings for them.

dgbefw2.jpg

gl9IxYH.jpg

One gripe I found about the case is these glued in filters, they are a paint when it comes to modding. So I proceeded to razor them all out. 

uncu2xY.jpg

For the component orientation I decided on, I will be using the small case on the bottom as a pedestal. and I also flipped the case so the back door is now the front window so I can flip the motherboard 270°.

kqsae1f.jpg

ft7sTAw.jpg

then I did a little prep work and painted the mesh. I painted it a bright white and the plastic panels will be painted with polished copper. Ill have some of that next update. First I scuffed the mesh then washed it off. Let it dry then tack cloth it. Then I sprayed paint adhesive then the paint follow by clear coat. I am using acrylic lacquer paint now as opposed to acrylic enamel in the past.

J6QJDsb.jpg

8SHC3dZ.jpg

WeXSZGF.jpg

tCy9FHt.jpg

v73lQmg.jpg

qz8JKk7.jpg

Well that is what I have for now. I should have an update at least once a week, I try for every Monday. I hope you enjoyed it and are excited as I am! Talk to you all very soon!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to figure out your "flipping the case".  I'm sure it will become more obvious as the build progresses.

You just had the motherboard sitting in there correct?  That's not how it will mount.

Cool!!!!

RodeoGeorge

Trying to figure out your "flipping the case".  I'm sure it will become more obvious as the build progresses.

You just had the motherboard sitting in there correct?  That's not how it will mount.

Cool!!!!

RodeoGeorge

Thanks bud! No that is how it will mount, and the gpus will mount off the rear wall on extenders. You will see it better when I have the new rear walls made and the new floors made and build the new motherboard tray and what not. Its going to be a massive overhaul =D The cables will come in through a hole cut in the pedestal and then plug into the bottom. It will all be hidden.

Hey everyone! I got busy on this build over the last week. I really have to say I am excited to see this build come to be. The copper and white color scheme is really growing to be my favorite scheme yet!

Well lets get into it! Some copper film and paracord came in the mail through the week. I also picked up some painting supplies to start.

8bpCfGt.jpg

mHkNvU3.jpg

cq4uBzP.jpg

I disassembled the entire case.

OPHEC56.jpg

hV5GzHN.jpg

Once it was apart I did some work to both bottom panels. I removed most of the top case bottom panel and I added the massive case feet to the bottom case bottom panel. I am going to file down the top case bottom panel when my U-channel arrives.

Rlh3mBp.jpg

e3sGyo0.jpg

rlI3E31.jpg

8qKq3La.jpg

Tnmzag0.jpg

XnCH093.jpg

After razor cutting out 75% of the dust filters that are cast into the bezel, I decided to cut the honeycomb plastic fronts out. They are barely visible through the mesh anyway. I will be painting the bezel with this metallic copper paint I just ordered, as long as it matches the copper correctly. All the plastics in the build will get the copper paint and should be prepped and ready when it arrives.

GdnfLtY.jpg

ONgIZqF.jpg

fNTow8e.jpg

PBWKIcO.jpg

CYYJwcO.jpg

1b2Bmfd.jpg

vgPlAJ7.jpg

Most work went into the bottom case, or pedestal if you will. First, I had to remove some material from the front.

KW0E8Fy.jpg

BaqczcE.jpg

27Imvz6.jpg

Then I removed the back panel.

A7OoXFc.jpg

2fg16jQ.jpg

After that I was able to paint and do a little assembly.

r6in1H9.jpg

TU2FZzd.jpg

hYkp0iO.jpg

I made a new rear panel out of white acrylic. I made new rear panels because of the way my components will be installed.

J4aSPIa.jpg

L0SMyKW.jpg

GkcvYaj.jpg

Then I made a made a new floor out of acrylic and wrapped it in the copper film. I got excited when I saw the copper on the white! Its exactly as awesome at I thought it would be!

x0Wi7m6.jpg

H66VhAc.jpg

ARNyrAq.jpg

tlGv9bg.jpg

ySYq8GV.jpg

The last thing I was working on was my logo plate for the back door of the bottom case. I'm cutting "Cyprus 29" out of white acrylic and attaching it to a polished copper panel backdrop.

I cut the copper with the Bosch Colt, that boy is a champ!

Kvl8bq8.jpg

CLTOsLA.jpg

amRPfUW.jpg

Once it was cut I started scuffing the oxidation off. Even the brushed copper look is really nice. I will get it polished and finished for next update. I set it where its going to be mounted for a photo.

BJZ9rDD.jpg

usetbEK.jpg

kB6HyBC.jpg

Well thats all I got for now. Thanks for watching!

Archived