[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

Jim Weist

HEVcSPs.jpg

FVQ7SUW.jpg

tDX8b5t.jpg

hfkpOCR.jpg

Next up I didn't like using the mesh panel drive bay port cover for the bulkheads, it didn't seem professional or rigid enough. so I made one from acrylic and it is currently in place with some 3m mod tape, I will probably glue it in after the bezel is done and repainted but it looks much nicer than  had before.

bYgAy4D.jpg

0tv0Ayw.jpg

lehE48j.jpg

ZrReYwb.jpg

libsLqC.jpg

Now I am ready to run a couple PETG tubes from top res to the bulkheads.

HM7pYBQ.jpg

1vzd8Nr.jpg

Some soapy water for the rubber insert.

J0gZTxo.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made my own jig to bend tubing at the exact length it needed to be.

3mNxT72.jpg

2v7iveb.jpg

xVJUcQ3.jpg

JV84yPc.jpg

It was worth it because the tubes are nearly identical. I have a little trimming to tweak them to perfect but Ill do it later.

EZhsdZy.jpg

WmF3hI8.jpg

g9x4QKB.jpg

This is where I am now! I am super happy with the way its looking! I can't wait to get some hardware in this build!

E0hoS57.jpg

CcVtznQ.jpg

Well thats where I am at for now! I hope you all enjoyed the update! If you want to follow me daily dont forget to check out my facebook page Clockwork Case Mods! Also remember I still have aluminum case cubes available and I have people now inquiring about custom reservoirs, so PM me on my page if you would like something made! Cheers!

Amazing job! You are really stepping up your game on this one.

Can't wait for the scratch builds to start!!

Keep up the great work.

Thanks Fann! I really am, I took everything I did on my last build and found a way to do it better and cleaner and more unique =D Progression!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey there everyone! Very exciting news for the build, Swiftech has jumped on board and sponsored the build with the rest of the watercooling parts I needed!

BEfFi9B.jpg

Very excited, things are just getting better and better! Now I can afford to put 2x 780s in the build and I will cool them with the Komodo blocks!

I delayed the update 2 days waiting on some parts to arrive to photo out and add into the update. I Also recieved my prizes from my article in Custom PC magazine, one of those prizes being 2x 256gb solid state drives from Corsair, which I will be using in this build in Raid 0.

Another item in is my Asus z97 Sabertooth board which is absolutely awesome! I wanted a solid motherboard that is good for modding and this one is the best of both worlds! The main modding I did was on my power supply for this update, my case is tore down and I am doing another round of details as I build it up, so the next update will be a lot of that.

Before I get ahead of myself lets start the update! First thing first thank you very much to all of my sponsors, you guys are awesome! Very grateful to be where I am today!

eYVxpq9.png

Okay here are the parts that came in Ill start with the Swiftech goodies!

a9AIxBu.jpg

First the radiators, a dual and triple 120mm. The dual is for the front under the bay waterfall and the triple is for the ceiling exhaust. These will be painted copper.

yeahcfJ.jpg

w5TvpwC.jpg

0Bk82Rv.jpg

Next up is this beautiful CPU block, the Apogee XL, right now this has got to be the best looking CPU block on the market, that is my opinion. I chose the clear acrylic, and Ill be modding it white and copper with the white LED.

ZG2r2Ed.jpg

0TFeHd4.jpg

M0HbUPj.jpg

AEINqRY.jpg

Love this =D 

JChXOpM.jpg

Now the new Komodo-NV GPU blocks! These boys are very clean with an industrial feel! There is an LED panel inside with removable filters for the colors. I didnt mess with that yet, I will have in depth more detailed photos of the hardware again when I do the modding on all of it.

AQrcghD.jpg

yNPF2P0.jpg

T1Hnpql.jpg

jKfB3hg.jpg

yo09cNs.jpg

9JwUj4K.jpg

CJX6Krt.jpg

The backplate, another toy to mod! 

cwcL6dO.jpg

dilhSID.jpg

Next up is the pump! I am using the MCP35x2. Its the PWM double DDC, I figured I need at least 2 pumps for good flow through all the hardware and through 2 waterfalls. Also I got the heat sink just incase. 

EHjXYZH.jpg

Ml1tyaD.jpg

7mMxcVA.jpg

BbCkmaB.jpg

Then I threw on some pf the Primochill revolvers and took some group photos. SEXY! lol yeah modders like myself are weirdos and find hardware attractive haha!

aPJFCxw.jpg

N4FFHCg.jpg

FoNu0FL.jpg

sZoEW1N.jpg

Alright thats all the parts from Swiftech for now, I took a couple shots of the solid states from Corsair.

7ENWERu.jpg

4YYGk2V.jpg

Alright up next the Asus Z97 Sabertooth! Very rugged PC board, when they say its TUF they mean it!! Just holding it it feels more sturdy than other motherboards that feel fragile when holding it.

oQBhE97.jpg

cQfhKRz.jpg

pm2zNHy.jpg

2MyG0dJ.jpg

6pnnVfE.jpg

YkQkSWd.jpg

zDi7I5M.jpg

Here I held the board up on my IO panel I made.

2HHTQk3.jpg

Okay now that you were properly introduced to the goodies on to the modding of the update! I did quite a bit of work on the Cooler Master V750 Semi-modular Gold Rated power supply. Not only did I paint it to the theme, I also cut the GPU power cable daisy chain jumper off and spliced the cables inside the power supply creating 4 independent 8-pin GPU power plugs.

First up some sleeving.

eWXUIoN.jpg

CApfxHU.jpg

z8ub9Sv.jpg

q6x3UES.jpg

wzcuROe.jpg

OT2JxWO.jpg

Okay here I separated the GPU wires, cut them off, cut them in half, and resoldered them on 2 per lead.

vmoDe5X.jpg

Rb1s8c9.jpg

ToS5wAN.jpg

kGEw9MC.jpg

This is what I ended up with.

pTNb32j.jpg

CpbUYLw.jpg

Then I cut the switch cables and power receptacle cables, removed the board and the switches from the case to paint.

ZegAFQR.jpg

hqn6Fdl.jpg

pvL4Hu5.jpg

Primed and painted the shell starting with the top.

YY3oLDQ.jpg

k2vmznG.jpg

9lTA7LY.jpg

JzV0560.jpg

0idXJnU.jpg

I LOVE how the top worked out!

lOh3CJx.jpg

qpXklkT.jpg

The bottom I had to open the wire hole.

drX6LOV.jpg

FymAqlF.jpg

Then painted and reinstalled the plug and switch.

xGt4pkR.jpg

LNwcqQm.jpg

Now the finishing touch is the new V750 on the side since I painted over the original. I cut it out with the scroll saw on 1/16" aluminum.

lfbs8Y6.jpg

SIw5Lat.jpg

JCOctFP.jpg

nyLUE8p.jpg

After filing it down I painted it copper, and glued it on the side, now the PSU mod is complete and I think it lokos pretty damn good. I got a couple paint smudges but I have touch up paint to cover up and you can barely tell. The side of the PSU with the V750 on it will be seen through a clear acrylic window in the bottom case middle panel.

twKsJu4.jpg

rdmRJRI.jpg

IGTUrep.jpg

Onw9W4o.jpg

u9GhiWU.jpg

Well that is all I have for this update! I am days away from finishing my CNC which has been stealing a little modding time from me. I need to install my limit switches, bolt down the table top, fill the spindle loop, and wire the spindle and I should be wrapped up on that for the time being and I can go full blast on this Cyprus build. Glad to finish as there are some cool ideas I have for this build that I can make on the CNC. Also don't forget catch daily updates on my Facebook page Clockwerk Case Mods if you would like. I Share my daily work there and recently started taking a couple daily modding photos and sharing them on Instagram, my handle is orangeclockwerk on instagram. I am also trying to get things going on Twitter where I also go by @OrangeClockwerk. Well thats all now! Until next time, you know where to find me!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!! Another forum update! I stretched a little long this time to make sure I had solid content as I have been working hard to finish up the CNC and it is now finally cutting after 6 months! Here is the first test cut with a engraving bit!

eRBPbTV.jpg

I am very excited to say the least! I didnt plan to have this ready for the completion of Cyprus29 so now I get to add a layer of CNCed details to the case! Its going to be awesome! I can now retire the router table, Its got me through to this point and helped me create some awesome stuff by hand. Ill probably still use it here and there though.

Anyways more goodies from the CNC in the next update! Lets get on with this one!

First a quick shout to my sponsors you guys rock! I have a Primochill hardline tubing jig on the way for my bends I cant wait to use it I have seen it work wonder!

eYVxpq9.png

This update is primarily painting. I first repainted the MNPCtech billet fan ring.

i9e1189.jpg

CZwuyGI.jpg

The I took all the sexy Swiftech gear and modded it to theme. I have to mod my pump and a GPU block yet but the first GPU block and the CPU block came out fantastic.

I built up the pump and I am going to add a fan to the heatsink and a frame around the base.

09JGRAo.jpg

Nq9XYCh.jpg

The first parts to catch paint were the radiators.

EgvnPhw.jpg

Eo7qPyM.jpg

d0IAmzj.jpg

tw8giO2.jpg

lk44kdp.jpg

ObelPMh.jpg

hskPHvB.jpg

8L4AKRP.jpg

Archived