[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

Jim Weist

They came out super clean!

VvCxXSC.jpg

cMwMfzr.jpg

Next up to the plate was the Apogee XK Cpu waterblock.

I drilled out the plugs for the mod plate and tapped them to M3. I dont recommend this if you aren't confident in yourself, one slip and you pop right into the center of the block and its ruined! Luckily I made it out alive =D

nM2xahk.jpg

4TwWnyg.jpg

yOD1I1A.jpg

mIT9d4h.jpg

Then I broke it down for paint.

T7g9Y0X.jpg

Pkyx5M8.jpg

I also sleeved the power cable for the led boards with the Mod/Smart Maxcord.

Ntabglq.jpg

8RWsP52.jpg

I was happy with the turn out! I'm going to use the CNC to mill a cut out in the top panel and paint it copper so white light shines through.

2nVdyhR.jpg

HGRfZij.jpg

wSil8WQ.jpg

Next up is the GPU block! First was the tear down process. These are some hardcore water blocks, not the standard 2 layer block there is about 5 or 6 haha.

Q2f8cFj.jpg

qr5AscS.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
d9rsYoo.jpg

vYIqiRN.jpg

wylDSPX.jpg

A1f6a0k.jpg

Okay after that process it was time for paint! 

SuEJVJF.jpg

19npE7P.jpg

TKwfjlD.jpg

Here I drilled out for M3 screws again from the little philips that come with it, then counter sunk this plate.

JgkoiiQ.jpg

buXS4wF.jpg

TFUaTJN.jpg

Back to paint!

2EIeV5Z.jpg

QmdF7tv.jpg

ihzM8Fe.jpg

1UYqAUD.jpg

UEEPlhV.jpg

Here is another screw replacement for m3 for the Gpu logo plate. =D

LXwruoC.jpg

4Tro1en.jpg

oH6bJoN.jpg

Now back to paint haha!

WsK4rqD.jpg

vpQT92x.jpg

MVA2rJR.jpg

0IAFZUg.jpg

Cwd7T9x.jpg

E3SXOD5.jpg

Last up for paint was the back plate.

EuIUNW6.jpg

qOMsLFK.jpg

After everything was painted I reassembled it and holy crap! They don't even look like the same waterblocks!!! I also switched out the black alloy screws for stainless steel screws, I think they matched better. I Can't wait to get these on some 780's and in the build!

NRm7h3M.jpg

pCEu2rU.jpg

lfyDLKS.jpg

9CJ2VQT.jpg

RlfPaob.jpg

7B2iOPz.jpg

Hard to top those blocks but I want to show you the painted reservoir really quick! I got the bottom one in primer, the top one is complete and ready for install though and thats what I want to show. The reason I painted after glueing it on is that the weld-on glue is very strong and would smear the paint right off.

soZmgOK.jpg

CiMP2T9.jpg

4iY09l0.jpg

y0VlRoc.jpg

It was a real paint to mask off inside the pocket the trim created but well worth it in the end!

AYYC5JD.jpg

2DSjaqe.jpg

QdSYCqu.jpg

dCpqiTq.jpg

Well that wraps up another forum update don't forget you can catch daily updates and CNC work at my Facebook page Clockwerk Case Mods! Thanks for watching!! 

Very nice attention to detail! 

That res is sick....you do amazing work,can't wait to see you whipping parts out on the CNC!!

Thanks Fann! Oh man I am working with the CNC every day! I cant wait to become proficient with it!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone!! Sorry for the delay in updates, even on my Facebook page its been slow the last couple weeks, I had a lot going on, I had client work, I also had to finish the CNC and get it tweaked and in working order. Now my workload has cleared, I got a new camera and I am back in action on this project! I also decided to start doing video logs for my builds! I recently got a Canon Rebel T5i and it takes amazing photos and videos, so I figured why not, more skills to add on my resume haha. I will start posting my forum updates as a mix of video and photo. Ill be taking 15 photos and embedding a youtube video. Im going to run with this and see how the response is for now. Anyhow, I hope everyone appreciates the time I took to film and edit the videos, I have a lot to learn yet, but I don't think I did all that bad for the first go at it. I am going to do more audio commentary and less invideo explanation as it tends to drag on the clock. Anyways on with the update!

First and foremost as always, thanks to these awesome sponsors! you guys really exceeded my expectations and are helping to make an awesome build come to life, this would of been extremely difficult without your support!

itUs5lF.png

I got a few more items in from Mod/Smart and Primochill! Some more Maxcord paracord, and heatshrink, and a jig for bending rigid plastic tubing! This jig is insanely impressive! Way larger that I imagined it, and should work wonders here shortly when I start installing tubing!

Ixw2NHk.jpg

3Jo01AO.jpg

Po6cHHy.jpg

As I said before I had been super busy over the last few weeks, but I managed to get my bottom case reservoir finished, make a window to my PSU, trim my IO panel, and  make a LED lit solid state panel.

I used my CNC to cut out these little rhombus shapes, and painted them copper, to give a blade effect on the IO panel. when the MB is modded white and copper it will all blend together very well I think!

jgX2xzj.jpg

ScvCwR8.jpg

T8U4TkX.jpg

I also slapped some paint on the bottom reservoir and it ended up just as nice as the top res, they should look pretty sweet paired up in this rig!

WyXZTiM.jpg

raZhVoH.jpg

XRbMZPG.jpg

I got a new bottom case mesh also from a friend Shane on facebook, and fixed my bottom bezel up.

sr0HVus.jpg

a3LOx1S.jpg

The last thing I did was get the SSD mounting panel made. I just have to cut out my Corsair sails on the CNC, paint them copper, and glue them on the SSDs.

2pgQMyQ.jpg

Thats all for the photos, here is my first video update!

I hope you liked the update! Cheers guys see ya soon!

• 1 month later...
Hey guys back with another update, I have about 15 photos and another video update. After this update I will have a few shorter videos rather than one longer video and they will be in a play list, that way I will have more videos on youtube more frequently to view, and also I can group them into playlists.

Also i would like to thank everyone who voted for Cyprus29 for Mod of the Month in July 2014, I appreciate it a lot, Im glad to see people noticed the hours and hours of work I have put in this project! Cheers to you guys!

In this update I finished the corsair logos for my solid state drives, I made a new rear panel for the lower case, I also made and enclosure for my Swiftech MCP35x2 pump, and lastly I didnt photo it but I made a new IO panel with blades that fit inside the case ;)

First off thanks to my sponsors, with out you guys this project wouldn't be nearly as awesome!

kIbB89P.png

Okay first think is the new IO panel here is a couple shots

wuO0ybq.jpg

dHuogTn.jpg

Here is the new rear panel with the MNPCtech billet fan ring. Copper modded of course. I also added a different mesh, I used the larger holed MNPCtech mesh instead of the small hole version it comes with.

zPhBKzp.jpg

e7kLuXN.jpg

Now the juicy stuff! Here is the Corsair SSDs I finished by adding acrylic cutouts of the sail logo.

H1NcvO9.jpg

18ILOyM.jpg

XkIyFlS.jpg

Last my favorite part of the update and maybe my favorite thing in the build so far, the custom enclosure for the Swiftech MCP35x2 pump. I wanted to do something I have never seen and a complete enclosure for the pump sounded like a great idea!

gUbCg9G.jpg

1LtZhAQ.jpg

Z79mMlt.jpg

yuRyQuL.jpg

Here are a few shots of the bottom case now as it sits.

tYa3EVg.jpg

SrVoxbn.jpg

ATnFEVE.jpg

Now here is the video footage of the build process. As I said before the next update will either have a few videos embedded in or a video playlist embedded in. I want to try to get the videos at a 15 minute maximum. 

fgS9fw43nGs

Well thats it for now, as I said please bare with me as I get adjusted to this video thing, I think its an awesome way to bring modding to you guys and I just need to get better at doing it, I pick up on things pretty quickly so it will get a lot smoother sooner than later! Until next time take care and mod on! 

Archived