[Tower Mod]CM Storm Scout 2 Military – a Livemod in two days

der_george

We-Mod-It Make Munich Modding Masters CM Storm Scout 2 Military – a Livemod in two days

Greetings!

This is the little worklog to the Livemod from the We-Mod-It Make Munich Modding Masters. It took place on the 20th and 21st of April. 

1.jpg

We modified the case live on the fair in front of all the visitors. The case was one part of a two part workshop. This casemod was the Showmod and was completed in about 8-10 hours over the days. We did a workshop casemod together with some of the

visitors for about the same amount of time.

The cases where both CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced towers.

2.jpg

Here is the gunmetal coloured case which will be the casemod I am going to show you here. (Showmod)

3.jpg

First of all we did all the metalwork on the case. We cut out a window and removed everything that would be in the way of the watercooling. We added some mounting holes for the reservoir changed changed the way the front looks. We also took out a

couple of big drill bits and a multitool to make some bulletholes.

4.jpg

Then we cut out a new window out of grey acrylic to match the build. We also cut out some parts to look like some armouring and glued them and riveted them to the case.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Next up was the paintjob. First we primered the whole case then we painted it a military green colour.

7.jpg

8.jpg

While I was painting the case Semme installed the Aquatuning Watercooling and the Hardware

9.jpg

10.jpg

When it was reassembled the case looked like this

11.jpg

Now all that was missing was the final airbrush – so we added all the plotted stickers to paint around. Sadly the two guys who brought the plotted shapes with them didn’t bring enough. So using some masking tape and a craftsknife I made the missing

pieces.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Sadly I didn’t take any pictures of the progress because we were running on a tight schedule. But I guess you all know how you paint a case and make it look worn and battle torn.

Final pictures:

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Specs:

CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced Gunmetal Grey

Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 620 W

Fans: 5x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm Green

Watercooling from Aquatuning: Alphacool NexXxos XP3, Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper 240mm, Phobya DC12-220, Phobya Balancer 150 black nickel... etc.

It might not be the best casemod ever made but it was made in less than two days live on the Make Munich 2013. I think it turned out really nice.

I am really looking forward to the We-Mod-It Modding Masters at the Maker World 2014 where we will be modding another case in front of the crowd. Looking forward to seeing and meeting all the greats of the modding-community there.

I would like to thank Cooler Master and Aquatuning for supporting us – we had a great time – hope you enjoyed it as well.

Thanks for Reading!

So long :0)

Archived