AcryCon

Vona

Dude .. amazing design :)

Thank you !! Looking forward to show you some progress these days. New Stuff vom CM , Noctua and of course the acrylic parts are kinda done.

This is awesome! Can't wait to see the finished build! The Orange/Green/White theme is coming out really well! 

I havent seen this combination that often. So i wanted to give it a try ...

verry nice build! Do you cut the acrylic yourself with home made cnc/ laser? Grtzz 

Hey,

Unfortunately, i dont own a cnc/laser but a friend of mine does. Ive got a small carpentry but no space for even more tools. Maybe im thinking of buying a smaller laser in the near future when my project is successfull and i start another one...

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Update 10:

Hey guys,

Ive got some bigger updates for you!

I started on testing fans and mounting them to the radiators and into the case. In first i had some(16) Noiseblocker B-12-2 eloops but despite the nice apearence of them, i had to swap them since i couldnt get rid of a low frequency noise when mounting them with the front. Ive ordered Noctuas (Industrial PWM) even though they are quite expensive.

Have a look…

img_3130t9ued.jpg

img_3134n1u25.jpg

img_31374ou6k.jpg

img_3138evugi.jpg

Thanks to Mr Dellinger from Noctua who made them at least a little less expensive :D

noctua_logo_b500px.jpg

img_3163evuq2.jpg

img_3164olujr.jpg

img_31667mu9v.jpg

img_3170szupw.jpg

img_31767vukm.jpg

The brown edges need some time to get used to but fortunately i wont see them a lot. Since they are very quiet, and starting from unrecognisable 200 RPM, i can live with that. The noise level is a little less more important than its look. 

img_31767vukm.jpg

Following up by some acrylic work. Whoever is following my facebook page(http://www.facebook.com/acrycon) might have seen some of those spoilers. 

img_3187huugn.jpg

img_3190dnuoh.jpg

img_31930hu4d.jpg

img_3196flumu.jpg

That CnC is truly magic. Its a very elaborate midplate due to 5 layers, gluing them to have it consistent in addition to a lot of threads. Some picture of the finished played will follow at the end of this post so be patient. Continuing to read might be worth it ;)

Ive also got some new peripherals from Cooler Master. Thanks again to Sylvain for this awesome stuff. The quality is awesome and i dont wanna miss them. 

My old keyboard, well, had to get refreshed after years of duty :D

img_3247meoej.jpg

img_3209tiudx.jpg

img_3210gvu8o.jpgimg_32119musc.jpgimg_3223egqab.jpgimg_3213g4qgs.jpgimg_3214r0pyr.jpg

img_32243urf5.jpg

img_3220nuocg.jpg

img_322106ogw.jpg

img_3219i1rxn.jpg

img_3216lwq8c.jpg

img_3218isqu3.jpg

I also finished the reservoir. After having some doubts, everything is leakproof and im satisfied with the result.

img_32958jry1.jpg

img_3348ndudh.jpg

img_33241zo9w.jpg

img_3346efo9l.jpg

img_3347l0ufm.jpg

img_3351vtu0y.jpg

But as i said before, the actual highlight should be the midplate i was working on. Its illuminated, has water distribution from part to part of the board, 5 layers of acrylic. Its realised by a combination of “endlighten XT†and trueLED Plexiglas® in combination with super bright LEDs to have a very good light distribution. Only thing ill do in future is to add a matt foil to the borders in order to not see any of those ledspots.

img_3290c5qlh.jpg

img_3292seoiv.jpg

img_3361nturl.jpg

img_3362fgugc.jpg

And here we go, just for a small test but i will fix anything when i start with the tubing today.

img_33662furk.jpg

img_3365cnuzg.jpg

img_3367oeuc2.jpg

Im quite happy with the result and cant wait to see how it will look when filled up with both watercolors!

In the end i want to show you a picture of the new GPUs and the desk. There was and there will be an update soonish. I swapped from my 3 Matrix Platinum to 3 EVGA 780 TI Superclocked since they have a smaller pcb and wont be in conflict with the tubing i had planned. Unfortunately i will have to rma them (again)  since they all have coilwhining. Im feeling unlucky here. 

Regarding the desk, i wanna swap to a 34†widescreen (probably from AOC) to have more space for the tower. 

img_3104yqusy.jpg

10983434_336538779878p8zw0.jpg

Best regards,

Thomas

• 1 month later...

Archived