No. 29 by MisterX

MisterX

Copper update:D

I've worked on a "nameplate" for the build. I made it from 0,5mm copper sheet.

z8ZatET.jpg

First I printed the text on regular paper and cut it out with a precision knife to create a template. I then used Dremel Moto-Saw to cut out the nameplate.

ZwVHKgr.jpg

After some filing and sanding it looked like this. Still lots to do though.

bY0G3X7.jpg

This is the end result after sanding with 400, 600, 800, 1200 och 2500 paper and polished with Autosol. It's far from perfect but atleast it's handmade. I'm happy with it:)

KWG8fYQ.jpg

jsiX08e.jpg

This is where I plan to put it. Right at the front of the case.

JT9suRO.jpg

I've also invested in some new blocks for this build. I went all out XSPC this time. Both cpu and gpu's. Lets start with the cpu block.

rHk5eEt.jpg 

This is what it looks like out of the box. Nice but a little boring.

EwWOSL4.jpg

After a lot of sanding and polishing I got this. Much better:)

zua9Ni0.jpg

6SdppHF.jpg

I already had the Raystorm full chrome from a previous build. So I stole some parts from it.

d6sfcoN.jpg

Black frame with a white insert + polished copper. We got ourselves a winner:)

vo5LjhB.jpg

AadMI8O.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Window update! :)

I can start of by saying that this was by far the most complex window mod I've ever done. As many of you know the Cosmos II door is made from layers of plastic with a thin aluminium skin. But it was fun and I'm happy with the result:)

BJnpPCA.jpg

Here's after a couple of hours of Dremel work. It still needs more filing and sanding.

WJX7ZAm.jpg

6SVgODX.jpg

The inside. That glue under the handles was a nightmare to get off.

V6bpCiY.jpg

Here's the aluminium piece I cut out. I'm gonna use it as a template to bend the plexi.

ZRv9TfH.jpg

I put some standoffs under it so I could press down hard.

hpp0dqI.jpg

SSwBPKr.jpg

BzisqLd.jpg

9zgfKfa.jpg

Y03KuF3.jpg

Door finished:) As usual it's impossible to clean or take nice pics of plexi.

vg7FdT6.jpg

QGAEPnb.jpg

WUEQSW8.jpg

Now that everything is painted I've started the assembly. This is how it stands right now.  

LIkgjjM.jpg

I've drilled holes and mounted passthrough fittings in the lightbox. Two XSPC EX240 rads mounted in the bottom chamber and a HW Labs SR1 480 up top.

iHdAqwB.jpg

Sbni5Ft.jpg

vronRif.jpg

Wwb12US.jpg

WYUEP8U.jpg

The screws at the back are for cable management with p-clips. I'll do custom cables for the whole psu as soon as my sleeve arrives:) 

yrp5Q4p.jpg

This is how I plan to mount the pumps. There will be dual loops, one for cpu/mb and one for gpu's.

eiKiItF.jpg

All the plastic parts are now back on and I've also mounted the front- plate and pipes.

aWQnZ1j.jpg

I built a cable for these LED strips. They're going in the front to light up the copper pipes.

6CRExbf.jpg

OIwffj2.jpg

a4hJLrZ.jpg

kBGUCYh.jpg

cRqNc6k.jpg

Front pipes, all nice and polished:) Here you can also see the LED strips.

qvidLS6.jpg

vrgQrUK.jpg

n1MRGrr.jpg

EkzJ3Cg.jpg

WngSBMj.jpg

yrEanzq.jpg

kpIGWbQ.jpg

jrILffH.jpg

I've piped together the MB and started with some sleeving:)

2AeNABS.jpg

4GdFMml.jpg

7PQxjU3.jpg

I had to try a few different combinations of fittings before this connection was possible.

0v7xHVl.jpg

8oywRBu.jpg

I had to make the 8-pin cpu power cable before I put the MB in the case, because the connector will not fit through the cutout when the MB and lightbox is installed. Sleeved with IceModz expandable sleeve.

ZYP676z.jpg

EUY6WKa.jpg

I was a bit scared that the copperpaint on the memory wouldn't match the polished copper. But I think it worked out nice:)

zl8pPJF.jpg

UDAqyAO.jpg

5i5P53n.jpg

Pvup21V.jpg

While I was taking these pictures I saw that I forgot to make this cable. I'm gonna rout it between the MB and the standoffs. Oh well, I'll just have to take the stuff out of the case again, haha.

I've cut, polished and connected all pipes in the bottom chamber. I've also got myself a couple if softboxes and backgrounds for some nicer photos. This was my first attempt with the new equipment. I also got a black background, I'll try that one next time:)

b0GzeGb.jpg

D8YtVIO.jpg

NuX3Jw2.jpg

HQ0SLVZ.jpg

pofrZ7L.jpg

mixY6oq.jpg

8wF3sox.jpg

Jydwmin.jpg

f60eAIu.jpg

Next step will be to install the gpu's, pumps and the rest of the pipes. Then it's all about sleeving:)

Ok, I got the gpu's and pumps in and all the piping is done. It took alot longer than you'd expect, I spent most of the time planning though, as usual:) The idea from start was to only use straight pipes and fittings. But after I made that bend in the lower compartment I wanted more. So I compromised with a little of both:)

I used a black background this time. Thought it matched the build better than the white. 

nQmjLkZ.jpg

UAzUIrU.jpg

l4ouRwU.jpg

opCJupP.jpg

Hn2b9yD.jpg

zuuB9OL.jpg

OOWmFCh.jpg

yYEN5Xp.jpg

pa3K59e.jpg

552fdXe.jpg

eycO8Nk.jpg

sKa2P77.jpg

1UkLFEG.jpg

jyqLD6H.jpg

jWGH4RE.jpg

Now I need to start making the pci-e and 24-pin cables in correct lengths and sleeve them. Easy to do but takes time and isn't the most fun part of the build.

A small sleeving update:)

Cooler Master V1200 has 6 daisy chained pci-e cables, (12 6+2pin). I only need 3 x 6pin + 3 x 8pin for my Titans. I'm making all new cables for this and I'm going to use all 6 pci-e outlets on the psu and make 3 x 6pin och 3 x 8pin. I think that improves the overall look of the cables compared to daisy chained ones.

RzYf4GO.jpg

1tumf6b.jpg

Here I've made one 6pin and an 8pin. You can see the stock cable above.  

57YpPG1.jpg

Archived