Snow Trooper Worklog

Chris Talbot

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm SOOO Glad EK isn't a Sponsor,  because I'm going to Rip them a New One!

I now have THREE EK SLI Bridges that are Fucking Useless!!   First one was My bad,  went Serial when i should have gone Parallel.  With the Serial bridge,  the 2nd card was running too hot (not above limits by Any means, but 20deg hotter than card 1)  SO I decided that Parallel would be better,  at least even out the temps between the two cards.   but with Frozen CPU shutting down (or not taking orders at least) I had to find another source.   So i went to Performance PC in Florida (I'm in Ontario Canada!)  and ordered a Dual Slot, Parallel EK-FC CSQ Block,   then sent a Triple instead (Both cards now running at 2x PCI instead of 8x (in the 16x slots - Crossfire).  So I went to Dazmod!   Ordered it Again!,   and Dazmod sent a NEW CSQ design, that doesn't match up to my R9-290 EK Blocks!  (All the Previous ones Do, just don't function well)

SO now I have 3 Useless bridges,  and a $400 2nd video card (And 3 monitors) that I Can't Use!  

Let Alone Finish the Goddamn Build!!!

NEVER USING EK PRODUCTS EVER AGAIN!!!!!     NEVER!!!   (that and there "Supremacy" CPU block cools Exactly the same as a CoolerMaster Sedion 240!   Even WITH more than DOUBLE the RAD volume!)

What a fucking Waste of $

Never would have had this issue if I got the XSPC blocks,   Had Frozen been able to Stock them before they went under!!

Sad that I might Never be able to finish this build,  all due to the fact that parts like this are Impossible to come by in Canada, and when you DO find them,  they either Ship the wrong :),  or they Won't Sell to the Public (Extream PC in Guelph, this is directed at YOU!) 

So I now have a $5000 PC,  that runs like a $1000 for the lack of the PROPER $35 part! 

post-96902-0-11547600-1424898109_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been so concerned with a Heat issue my GPU has developed (Clogged EK-WB??),  that I COMPLETELY forgot that my build has a "Stealth" mode!!

Stills needs a Few tweaks to complete it (Stealth mode) but,  when it's done, to look at my build, you won't even KNOW it was modded!!   It will look Bone Stock!

This was the plan from day one.  I was just so caught up in the build, and now this issue,  I forgot all about it!

Will post some Teaser pics soon! 

Archived