[COMPLETED PAGE 5] MonoCase - High-End Gaming PC in the size of a popular game console

Mono

Nah, those renders look awesome! I have been planning on doing a similar scratch build last year but I kinda wanted to fit in at least 1 240mm rad inside. I have the sketches that I made but I just never had time to do it. :)

Do you have any color schemes in mind for this?

Currently just clear is the color of choice.

However I may get a friend to make some art to put on the side which will glow like fiber optic with the LEDs.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Power supply modification photos:

Size comparison with SFX PSU: front

20150304 125403 HDR

Size comparison with SFX PSU: top

20150304 125412 HDR

Internals

20150304 125919 HDR

Internals out of enclosure

20150304 132016 HDR

Removed IEC socket, added side-exiting power flex, added fan control header mod (now not utilized)

20150304 150848 HDR

PSU Noise test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLFR3tSAUd4

Note: The test shows full speed. With a GPU the PSU will peak at 60% load so does not require full fan speed.

Won't be able to complete the Windows software for controlling the RGB LEDs in time as I must learn how to program Visual C#. :P

The programming for the controller itself is done and can be easily enough controlled through a PuTTY terminal by sending commands such as "255,0,255:". (This will make purple. "R,G,B:".

Archived