[WLOG] Samamba Jones in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

SAMAMBA

The victim!

Haf Stacker 915R

RzZa3dJ.jpg

First, I needed a face of a skull in 3D, forward the project, so I decided to create a model from a bottle of Vodka Crystal Head that I have here.

ZPrrddH.jpg

rsQJK7G.jpg

The first step was to prepare it and fixing base for the mold, as needed to copy only the front face. And for that we used clay.

Sn1QQsM.jpg

DBsm3ku.jpg

u7xAwWz.jpg

After the barrier around been made to prepare the area for receiving the silicone mold.

e3jXNQU.jpg

The corners were padded to prevent leaks.

gneWSHm.jpg

Finally, applying the liquid silicone.

cCCAQJG.jpg

Finally, the mold ready, and filled with laminating resin (4 Test models made using this resin, being cheaper)

gI6Ddkv.jpg

vtdpLgf.jpg

And the result, no finished yet.

E3x9OYJ.jpg

2vM9qyl.jpg

uOshXAR.jpg

CpnO6pT.jpg

2PdyCZL.jpg

After that, I used 3 of them, to paint tests, since want a worn metal effect in the case. The middle was the one that came closest to what I intend to final painting.

uae664R.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Good staff, follows a preview of what's to come in the front of the case.

WTyx3GA.jpg

1iaC2vK.jpg

XzsoJ2Q.jpg

A frente foi feita toda em acrílico, com parte dele dobrado e colado para conseguir essas formas. A caveira, foi feita com resina cristal, no inicio pensei até em usar ela com iluminação, mas como essa resina não dissipa a luz como o acrílico, o efeito não ficou legal, e ela vai ser totalmente pintada, assim como o restante da peça.

A pintura vai ser imitando metal industrial, por isso essas bolinhas de metal em relevo, que são cabeças de tachinhas, para imitar parafusos de cabeça abaulada.

A preview of how everything is getting.
This time it was only a coat of primer on the front and top, to highlight the imperfections to give a better finish.
sei1sWA.jpg
Gq73Jhw.jpg
A1A9rat.jpg
lTEz5Ox.jpg

5155213637_achmed11_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

And here what was used to make the effect of domed head screws.
OtRCMyJ.jpg

As the power source, I decided to make a cover for it in order to hide the cables, and at the same time serve as HD's support help in cooling.
Just above the support, there will be a 240mm radiator, where part of it will flow straight to the source, and the other party will be diverted to the hard drives and motherboards.

But let's step by step to the assembly.
In this first photo the "drugs". :))). Glue for acrylic and syringe to help in the application.
DZVLomw.jpg

The parts for mounting ...
sa2iS6S.jpg
nrGOieh.jpg

Glued and assembled ...
3v3Nndj.jpg

An idea of how it will be at the case ...
TGneJGH.jpg

Support inside the case (2 SSD's Hyper X in raid 0, this will be used on site.)
qf1nnbd.jpg
A8oYXIy.jpg

As the sides, both are equal, and follow the same design from the top.
Here is a rough cut, still in primer.
A9um4kn.jpg
NXKtseX.jpg

This is the support of the radiator that will at the top of the case.
D2w349B.jpg

Finally, a preview of the cabinet with the base in matte black, for the final painting.
25vUSdl.jpg
ZmOr7SN.jpg
SQyiCra.jpg

[]´s

• 3 weeks later...
Bom pessoal, essa seria uma parte que eu pretendia não revelar antes da Campus party, mas como só fiz as laterais por enquanto, vou dar uma palhinha de como será o efeito de pintura.

Queria algo parecido com um metal industrial, nada oxidado, mas com aspecto de desgastado.

Fiz o mesmo, utilizando base preto fosco, e por cima, através do pincel, apliquei em somente 1 sentindo, a tinta Betume colors de cor grafite da acrilex, e depois de seca, apliquei com o dedo mesmo, conforme se vê nas fotos, a pátina cera prata também da acrilex. Por fim, dei um polimento leve com a estopa, pra puxar um pouco de brilho.

Mas segue o passo a passo com as fotos, e o resultado.

71WWJPk.jpg

GYL5udE.jpg

nDHL8lh.jpg

hFTvory.jpg

djT3IzQ.jpg

jEFl8MV.jpg

gxCvJqQ.jpg

5O1VhOX.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived