THE POWER CELL - ZenModz

Zenator

9J7lIDC.jpg

Proudly Sponsored By ASUS.

PC Build Specs:

Height up to 700mm.
Width: up to 400mm.
Case Shape: cylinder. One base, One top, 3 Pillars, 3 clear windows. Being build ATM.
Case Colour: Grayish/white, with some black & red.
MoBo: Asus H97I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard That will mounted to the bottom and the case.
GPU: ASUS TURBO GEFORCE GTX 960 OC Edition 2GB-GDDR5. Staying air cooled, This will be mounted to one of the 3 case pillars.
Running on a PCIe cable. The TURBO GTX 960 with the exhaust out the bottom of the case,
And the intake for the TURBO GTX 960 will come from the pillar it is mounted to.
CPU: 4690k
RAM: ?
PSU: Still needed, Will be mounted in the base.
Water Cooling, One custom 60mm x 400mm res. (3x 120 slim rads, CPU block, 1x Pump, fittings.) ( 6x90mm W 20x20mm H,D clear blocks running 9x5mm Round 500mm L tubing.
 that will be on the out side of the case as part of the loop. being built ATM)
Lighting: Black Light, and some white LED's.
Fluid:  Green.
Loop fittings:

To start off with im doing the out side water blocks/res there will be 6 in all three at the top and three at the bottom. All 6 will be part of the cooling loop.

They will be fitted to the out side of the case, The three on top will be linked the one's on the bottom. So one top one will link to one bottom one, with 3x 5mm clear tubes and so on. on the back of each block will be one fitting that go's to a stand 1/2 mantel bent loop. back to one of the other blocks and keeps going.  Lets just call the outer blocks (Loop rails.)

So below I have started a quick step by step.
for the blocks, after ill be adding the 3x 5mm tubes to the 2x blocks to make one (Loop Rail.) and this will be done 3 times.

NvcSAfu.jpg

8dgv1Qw.jpg

BtC7nqF.jpg

HvdI2qI.jpg

vs7dRSf.jpg

Working on the Motherboard armor and the back plate IO shield that will lock onto the Motherboard armor, Still need to make a hole for the CPU. but still not sure what CPU block will be used.

ALm4Biw.jpg

H4lWRm7.jpg

oEiGobF.jpg

x1tYwps.jpg
UNrGAwJ.jpg

TQnAZ7l.jpg
2ngjOPx.jpg

R4YX16z.jpg

here I have started working on the center res mount. So far I have made the casing, added some blue LED's, put some steel mesh around it. Still need to add a small electric motor to turn the black cover at the bottom. to create a rotation of light in side the case. Once that is done i will starting working on the rest of the res mount. And then add the rest of the trimmings.

LEAfDMH.jpg

JdCZhO5.jpg

Synl8IV.jpg

KCyZt2N.jpg

Sorry about playing info catch up.  I post the photos now and fill in the "blank"s soon.

eueKSfj.jpg

"blank"

i0Cj3Dk.jpg

"blank"

DOmZD1y.jpg

"blank"

u0SEVjO.jpg

jgiOV8O.jpg

ceWCMRS.jpg

"blank"

Ycm8nqa.jpg

xIrULoY.jpg

n3ar1M3.jpg

x89v9xV.jpg

"blank"

n3jN3nh.jpg

XgXgGN9.jpg

aWvimPf.jpg

zyQaTGV.jpg

OR9iG5e.jpg

"blank"

x98zkQt.jpg

fIkQMzG.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers, Ken.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi here are some more Photo's, Will have some more again in a day or so.

Outer Loop tubing.
W5l88Il.jpg

GPU from the out side of the case, will have mesh over the face. and a filter that slides in from the side.
wm5DQ8e.jpg
nMQzc6c.jpg

Inside the case,
CXg9aFi.jpg
M30HpN7.jpg

I have made 3 mounts to hold the center Res Light, And to strengthen up the case a bit more. One of then needed to be change to work with the GPU space.
Shq3tb8.jpg
lmB8Zw4.jpg

My work shop or should I say my Wife's dining table. She loves ME! :)
dZzY7TF.jpg

The bottom of the case with PSU filter.
gbYTH6u.jpg
oxFLdIF.jpg

Again thank you for stopping by. more again soon.

Cheers, Ken.

Hello again.

Today I fitted a flow indicator into one of the back pillars so it cans be seen from the inside of the case, I also added 2 micro switchers to the bottom front of the case, One switch has a green LED, and the other is blue, One switch will be for the power and the other will be the reset, the blue LED will be the HDD drive light, and the green will be the power light.

uHi0fg1.jpg

SAImWGM.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by and following the build. :)

I was looking at this yesterday, very cool design, I look forward to the completed build.

Thank you rfarmer. :)

Hi All

The I-beam has been test fitted, here are some photo's of where they are going.

ONZiRgC.jpg

X7hobTZ.jpg

0f8yNsX.jpg

What do you think ?

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Cheers, Ken.

Hello again everyone, Just a small update I have made a dust filter for the GPU as well, That slides out for the side of the pillar for cleaning. And added the mesh. I have done more to the GPU mount. But will have some updates on the weekend.

I have also change the logo it needed redoing the old one was bugging the crap out of me, and the new logo can now be easily made on a CNC or laser cutter if need be. :)

20151029_180403_zpsbg4bflrx.jpg

20151029_180428_zpsdc3sdrek.jpg

20151029_180333_zpsycxdlgfo.jpg

20151029_180323_zpsf3xcsoda.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Hello Again,

Still progressing on the Power Cell. I have been adding more details to the outer rims of the case, Still a lot more to do there. I have now also added the lower I-beam arms.  As well as the outlet for the GPU. I will be doing all the side covers for the top and bottom base over the next week. Getting much closer to having it ready for paint.

DoO46YQ.jpg

UOxVu1k.jpg

lpMNmSe.jpg

j1ZZUvO.jpg

dKeLshL.jpg

PGf6Jhu.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by.

Hello again.

Starting to add some lighting to parts of the case. before I start looking at the painting things I need to make sure it's all working and fits. And once all the painting is done. I will fit all the light FX to it again.

This bit is for any one that likes playing with electronics. I have not done this for some time my self. But it's time to do some soldering again. The top dish of the case will have a ring around the outside edge. The plastic around the outside is a translucent white. So the light can be seen the rest of the case is made of a solid white, and will be backed with black paint. This part of the case will pulsate with light behind it.

20151106_191958_zpsshzvtgbe.jpg

LED string,
20151106_192015_zps04yqed3s.jpg

Jaycar kit.
20151106_192048_zpspeeu29sy.jpg

20151106_192123_zps8r8z8gff.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by.

Hello again time for a new update,

Below is the curving process I used to get the sides done, I placed the inside a thin sheet of alloy that will hold the curve that's needed and heat it up with a heat gun till it forms the same shape then let it cool. After this I have cut a window out and added mesh to it. Still work in progress.

oAPbZmo.jpg

p3TYYkr.jpg

Mdp94x4.jpg

mi4gAu5.jpg

pAmVDHV.jpg

I have also fitted a HX1000i PSU.

TeYnxtU.jpg

3poUc8g.jpg

Finished the front Start/reset.

IS7pev0.jpg

The MoBo armor cover is now done as well.

jrcMHv7.jpg
W1J1HnU.jpg
EaXprYg.jpg

Hear is the Colour theme I'm going to be doing on the out side of the case.

YtWnQsh.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by. :)

Archived