Razor's Edge

Iraklis

Hello Coolermaster family.

My name is Iraklis Gkolios and welcome to my project's worklog. I decided to participate to coolermaster competition to have fun and gain experience, while competing with other case modders.

My scratch build consists of an steel sheet of 2mm thickness and eveyrthing will be welded. I am planning to sent the case for powder coating when i complete it.

I have hand bend all the pieces of the case and i weld everything by myself. At the moment i have completed the 99% of the exterior of the case and now i am starting to preparing the surface for powder coating.

fb77d1bb_12295777_10153267927837157_1693

FoOYa00.jpg

DcwkEsV.jpg

Owwk5I2.jpg

Ky1mNKJ.jpg

DcH2wF8.jpg

3zksqjX.jpg

Hope to like my progress

Cheers
Iraklis

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been preparing the case for some days to paint. I have been busy priming and sanding for many days to achieve a decent result before the paint-primer phase.

As you can see i have managed to make the welds invisible and remove and scratches from the surface.

xNt0Rxe.jpg
h6azaNX.jpg
2xxOVoi.jpg
HbxvtJd.jpg

I have also prepared one of my radiators for paint.

Nju7yud.jpg
Rlt9z6x.jpg

As you can see there are some scratches on the radiator after the primer but with some sanding before the paint i dont believe that they are going to be still visible.

Cheers
Iraklis

Major update today.

I have testing various designs for the case stand. The best good looking idea i came up is this. The bottom piece is made of a solid iron piece that adds stability to the whole case and the two other pieces is where the case is going to sit.

ZwJXbpy.jpg
SipZYGa.jpg
HkfIAfR.jpg
ij66Oyh.jpg
idczLWq.jpg
2f4SciD.jpg

Cheers
Iraklis

I have decided to take a major turn in the build. As i said in the past the plan was to have the case powder coated. I have done some research and found a shop with some decent prices where i can give my case for paint.

But today after careful though i decided that i will paint the case myself. I have a pretty good experience with spray paints and i am not afraid that the result wont be good. The reason i do this is because i want to check every phase of the paint and i dont want to end up only with one color.

The color scheme of the build will be white red and black

spwAlUt.jpg

Cheers

Iraklis

I am starting to mount all the pieces on the case to check if everything fits and make some adjustments.

uaefwaf.jpg

qO0kidR.jpg

In this photo you can see how the stand attaches to the case. It needs some cleaning and smoothing but you can get the idea. The stand i use now is if i place the case on the floor, later if i decide to place the case on a desk i am gonna make a lighter stand.

M6YGPA7.jpg

Cheers

Iraklis

Hello everyone.

I decide to clear coat the radiator after i let the paint to cure for around 2 weeks on stable temperature.

I decided to use satin clear coat and i think the result came out pretty good!

1JQgdzS.jpg

y2OOJNl.jpg

9fdHoQE.jpg

Now its turn to paint the other radiator

Cheers

Iraklis

Archived