Eskimod 2.0

Todd K

banner_by_tkrep-dausog4.jpg

THEME

• Pretty simple, favorite sports team coming off of a championship year (http://www.Esks.com). 

CONCEPT

• Always wanted to do a scratch build. 
  • Custom "wind tunnel" design allows air to enter through the back platform, push through the PC and past the radiator on top. 
  • Built to support up to two 360mm radiators.  Water-cooled, dual GPU design. 
  • 3D-printed supports with aluminum bar and acrylic sides.  Intended to be dead-simple and repeatable.

SPECS

• Details TBD

Twitter:  @Krepadoodle  ||  Project Hash Tag:  #Eskimod2 

theme_by_tkrep-d9tezp2.png

framework_by_tkrep-d9tezot.png

exploded_by_tkrep-d9tezoj.png

backside_by_tkrep-d9tezo9.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the party!  I like that air setup!  I wonder if a rear intake like that will reduce the dust you get from a front intake?

Thanks!  Interesting question.  My original thought was to put it underneath the office window in the winter.  Then I could crack the window and draw the cool air in the back and exhaust out the top/front.  With a good filter in the back I should be able to keep it pretty clear.

• 2 weeks later...

Overall the test print went fairly well.  A couple of minor issues, but this is why you test print.

testprint001_by_tkrep-d9ul45r.jpg

testprint002_by_tkrep-d9ul45t.jpg

Here you can see (with the hard to spot black arrows) where I had an adhesion issue with the print.  At some point the corners lifted.  This can happen when the plastic cools and contracts.  I'm hopeful though that a higher infill and better skirt will alleviate this issue.

testprint003_by_tkrep-d9ul45x.jpg

And just one of the fun facts of 3D printing is you can get bridging material where it's kind of hard to get out.  In this case I may be able to turn the model 90 degrees so that it doesn't require the bridging there at all.

testprint004_by_tkrep-d9ul461.jpg

Despite some printer challenges this week I've been able to start some test fitting this weekend.

testfitting001_by_tkrep-d9uybog.jpg

With some model revisions and re-prints underway.

reprints001_by_tkrep-d9uybw7.jpg

Print completed successfully - yay!  Now to pick up some more square tubing.

testfitting002_by_tkrep-d9v2k64.jpg

More supplies acquired!  Now that the test prints seem solid I should be able to print the other side and build out the frame.  

supplies001_by_tkrep-d9v5i1r.jpg

Still waiting on final PLA shipment in green to come in.  Honestly I think because I didn't pay for expedited delivery Amazon just sat on the order for two weeks and will give me 2 day delivery anyways, just later.

amazon001_by_tkrep-d9v5itq.jpg

So simple and yet so effective.  They say triangles make things stronger, so I designed up brace.

modelling001_by_tkrep-d9v5i1k.jpg

Quick test print and is working great.

testfitting003_by_tkrep-d9v5i1y.jpg

Archived