Eskimod 2.0

Todd K

Well, work had me on the road 3 of the last 4 weeks so I didn't finish in time for the contest, but I will indeed finish.

Last of the holes drilled.  Time to tear down for filler/primer/paint.

teardown002_by_tkrep-da6wjdg.jpg

One Eskimod 2.0 custom PC.  (some assembly required)

teardown003_by_tkrep-da6wjdo.jpg

And getting ready to do some painting.

teardown004_by_tkrep-da6wjdj.jpg

footer.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preliminary coat curing in the sun.

paint001_by_tkrep-da6yuc6.jpg

As are the decorative pieces.

paint002_by_tkrep-da6yuce.jpg

Cruddy can of blotching paint actually made an interesting orange peel effect.  Add to that a layer of sparkle and it's kind of hypnotizing.  I may have to forego the sheet metal...

paint003_by_tkrep-da6yuby.jpg

And of course right at the tail end of things I find that I'm two fittings short of completing the loop.  Ah well.  In the meantime a shout out to the sponsors of this project.

Big thanks again to ALPHACOOL for the great watercooling parts provided for this project.

finishing002_by_tkrep-da8i9b7.jpg

And thanks to AVEXIR for the terrific RAIDEN ram supplied.

finishing003_by_tkrep-da8i9aj.jpg

Big thanks to MNPCTECH for the case feet and fittings.

finishing004_by_tkrep-da8i9au.jpg

And much thanks to MODMYMODS for their generous support as well.

finishing005_by_tkrep-da8i9a9.jpg

footer.jpg

Well, we're pretty much complete.  A bit late, but finally done.  Have received the final fittings and through much arduous leak testing, fitting, re-fitting, removing (repetition, ad-nauseam) I finally seem to have everything plugged and functional.  Some minor additions coming to store some SSDs and add some front side USB connectors, but they are minor updates I'll get to eventually.  As it stands Windows is installed!  Let the data migration begin!  :rock:

Added some vinyl lettering to each side of the case.  One of the more distinctive features of the league is the center line © or 55 yard line as it's known.  A must have to note the league.

upnrunning001_by_tkrep-da95hpl.jpg

upnrunning002_by_tkrep-da95hqs.jpg

Also the power button / championship ring is front and center.  Had to turn down the brightness a pinch just to be able to photograph it.

upnrunning003_by_tkrep-da95hp6.jpg

Tubing, tubing, tubing.  I thought it would be cool if some hard-line tubing passed right through the wall...  Yep, thought it was cool right up until I had to install it.  Many/much hours on that bend and trying to get it past the frame, but omg it happened!

upnrunning004_by_tkrep-da95hpx.jpg

upnrunning005_by_tkrep-da95hq2.jpg

upnrunning006_by_tkrep-da95hqb.jpg

And of course, backlit EVERYTHING.  WOOT!

upnrunning007_by_tkrep-da95hpe.jpg

upnrunning008_by_tkrep-da95hql.jpg

I'll settle down over the next couple of days here and do up a nice final photo shoot.  In the meantime enjoy!  I know I will be.  :D

--- FINAL PICS -------------

Set up a photo shoot in the garage today.  Tons of pics taken.  These were my faves.

Thanks for following!

top01_by_tkrep-da9b7uu.jpg

top06_by_tkrep-da9b7tv.jpg

top02_by_tkrep-da9b7ud.jpg

top04_by_tkrep-da9b7u6.jpg

top05_by_tkrep-da9b7u1.jpg

top09_by_tkrep-da9b7up.jpg

top15_by_tkrep-da9b7ua.jpg

top07_by_tkrep-da9b7uf.jpg

top16_by_tkrep-da9b7ul.jpg

Thanks again to my terrific sponsors: AVEXIR, ALPHACOOL, MODMYMODS.com, MNPCTECH

footer.jpg

Archived