tankian

ZUxw5OE.jpg

KiUm9hL.gif

Hello everyone.

My name is Alberto and I'm from Portugal, its my second year at Case Mod World Series and I'm really motivated about it, I have learned so much last contest and I'm confident this year, good luck!

First a little about my self and my history, I have been modding since the past 4 years in three different projects, and all three projects I evolve so much in all strands, facing a lot off problems some more hard than others but in the end I have solve all off them and that gave me a lot off knowledge. I always try to do the best with the tools I have.

You can check my past projects in this links:

1- Project ATX Cube Homemade (winner off ThisIsMyPC contest by Sapphire)
R8AgBLU.jpg
Worklog (in Portuguese): https://forum.zwame.pt/threads/caixa-atx-cube.859611/

2- Project ATX Cube Style
69wFcid.jpg?1
Worklog (in portuguese): https://forum.zwame.pt/threads/atx-cube-case-homemade-round-2.869996/

3- Project tankian
1ONARze.jpg
Worklog (in english): http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/12372-complete-page-2-cube-case-homemade-tankian-project/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1

This worklog will be divided in days/parts, as the project progresses I will post when I got solid news to show you!
   Now lets talk about this new projec that have "born" because of "a need".
   My past project was really good for me, many problems solve and in the end I got more than I first expected, speaking only about the design, because in the pratical way I failled in some aspects, and I got that confirmation when I received a new motheboard from RMA that was bigger than my last problem showing a compatibility issue!
   The motherboard feeted but I didnt look cool as the old one, so I became really disapointed and decided to put the two possibilitys in mind, buy one or build one, of course building one was the first choice!

At this point the Project will have a unnamed name, and the build will be based in this four concepts:

- Simple
- Pratical
- Color
- Funcional

I have been doing the project in 3D SketchUp and i can tell you is really hard to make a compact case with ATX motheboards and at the same time it must be easy to set up components and to carry on for any place I want, and at the same time get low temperatures and air flow.
   So I started to study the best positions to make a solid and funcional structure and i ended up with this:

mqyzjks.png

When I finished the struture it was time to start making the outside of the case. Like my last project I wanted an acrilyc window to see the interior of the case, one thing that I love is to watch all my parts working!.
  All colors are just an example.

Now lets see the result:

89aMtqv.png

wmWo78U.png

Hope you guys like it and see you in the next day!
Best Regards Alberto Soares aka tankian

Day 2

Hello everyone is day 2 and I set all the base struture in place!
I used iron square pipe 14x14mm and rivets to hold. The struture is really strong and at the end I really liked the final result.

Hope you like it.

AZJmBES.jpg

SObXOyQ.jpg

grQgMTG.jpg

v68odG6.jpg

Z0VH3qi.jpg

Am02glD.jpg

IwFWXZZ.jpg

I9bVM60.jpg

Xw7CcXl.jpg

eUOVjRx.jpg

XDmZN7A.jpg

See you next day!

Best Regards,
Alberto Soares aka tankian

KiUm9hL.gif
Day 3

Hi!

I have some news, at this momment SilverStone is supporting this project! :hello1: :hello1:
I'm really happy to count with them once again, its a pleasure, they are a great brand to look out when you are looking for parts!
Next week I will share the materials that I will receive! :grin: :iconbiggrin: :grin:

:love10: :love10:  http://silverstonetek.com/  :love10: :love10:

And I got some other news to you about the project:

I have finish the 2º part of the structure, this 2º part is made of aluminium andis basically the feet of the structure and the support rails for the side windows.
I have donne all this at my girlfriend house and at my house, thats why you see diferent working tables :laughing5:

We end in this step:

DjFmicw.jpg

New Stuff:

BgwQMS2.jpg

fVsFgQV.jpg

MwPyGNa.jpg

Uvr5xbL.jpg

ZJJpSb8.jpg

uK7KRXv.jpg

JQPDzvh.jpg

YvQOLGn.jpg

GN6FNEQ.jpg

WyALSzI.jpg

vJVL9ia.jpg

cHTKRn8.jpg

Hope you guys like it, its getting really was I wanted 8)

Best Regards,

Day 2

Hello everyone is day 2 and I set all the base struture in place!

I used iron square pipe 14x14mm and rivets to hold. The struture is really strong and at the end I really liked the final result.

Hope you like it.AZJmBES.jpg

SObXOyQ.jpg

grQgMTG.jpg

v68odG6.jpg

Z0VH3qi.jpg

Am02glD.jpg

IwFWXZZ.jpg

I9bVM60.jpg

Xw7CcXl.jpg

eUOVjRx.jpg

XDmZN7A.jpg

See you next day!

Best Regards,

Like to See you are using old hardware on build stage,

Looking forward to see how it came up.

Day 4

Hello everyone!

I got some news about the project, I have receive some stuff from SilverStone that I thanks so much for their support to this project!

0E38RI4.jpg

jzy2lDe.jpg

yqFj2x1.jpg

qhLDEwg.jpg

Once again thanks so much for the support SilverStone! :D

Now the project Update!

At my home:

UEk3jjM.jpg

6PE0BNu.jpg

vJVL9ia.jpg

1gOCBnt.jpg

G8UL7ts.jpg

ndcUhTs.jpg

cBmH6mj.jpg

GV5fcEs.jpg

gUumry8.jpg

x7bC6Az.jpg

At my girlfriend home:

(new graphics card support)

nhoZ2vY.jpg

OPxqsV8.jpg

to8EUOR.jpg

PphUDLH.jpg

At home again but this time painted with primer drying my house "fireplace".

R7EBNjO.jpg

Hope you guys like the update!

Best Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

ZUxw5OE.jpg

Day 5

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to announce that Cooler Master is supporting this project, it's the second time they sponsor one of my projects.
This year I received a powerfull box! :happy3:

Lets check it out!
jrTHXOC.jpg

WpluzbA.jpg

8zzF8xg.jpg

J9mXJt4.jpg

jJcuJ3O.jpg

EVHj1Qz.jpg

- Cooler Master V1200 Platinum

- Cooler Master MasterGel Maker Nano

I wanna thanks to Cooler Master Portugal, in particularly to Sofia Mota for being an awesome person! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now about the Case!
So I have painted all the structure and inside covers and placed the USB 3.0 and the Power Button!

Riser:
yzYXXWo.jpg

First layer of black textured tint

AOSk7EN.jpg

Sanded the paint to make it more smoth

zpuv0Ml.jpg

Final layer of black textured tint

lGWG2IG.jpg

USB 3.0 fixed in place
rSXTRHh.jpg

iGUk7Rd.jpg

Some rubber pads in the "legs" of the case

HCuM0qG.jpg

Power button getting fixed in place

KntnY1d.jpg

o8ss5dK.jpg

Hope you guys like it, and see you next update!!

Best Regards,

Day 6

Hi, thanks so much for the words mate hope to see some new stuff about your project! :D

I got some really good news about the project, the light in the end of the tunel is getting realy closer! :toothy8:

After thinking alot about the colors to paint the case I decided to use the following colors:

-Black
-White

-Blue

With the colors choosed I started to isolate what I wanted in white color, the blue color will be used in vinyl, I didnt decide what kinda graphics will use.
I've donne the covers holes for the fans to.

First the covers holes:

o29iWBX.jpg

7wpEvR4.jpg

x8g0BLS.jpg

Painting:

hFOpMZi.jpg

PCI cover

giIdtqA.jpg

uDOfkmn.jpg

81KgaHP.jpg

nQSKiaN.jpg

And now the case ready to paint: :wub: :wub:

b8NgIAl.jpg

pApBOgq.jpg

qbsE2YR.jpg

Paint donne:

KIcD2ww.jpg

OqoGmG0.jpg

Hope you guys like it, next step will be getting the acrilics and all stuff mount to see how it looks :P

Best Regards,

Archived