Samamba - Cyber Project

SAMAMBA

Hi Cooler Master!
I announce my younger casemod project that named Cyber, as it will have the theme worked in Cyberpunk style.

SuVHTlq.png

mwO8OY1.jpg
MTc6h59.jpg
yoCGUAX.jpg

I will show something that develops for the project. Using Arduino using Bluetooth, make the control of RGB lighting through an Android application.
MDwI5Vg.jpg
KhTi9qF.jpg

I will present the icing on the cake, which will be a front panel formed by two nixie tubes, which will display hardware information.
n04O9u5.gif

For those who do not know what it is:
"A Nixie tube, or exposure to cold cathode, is an electronic device for displaying numbers or other information using glow discharge."

Using two of them, together with a pro Arduino controller and a tube, which will pass the information.
The following video showing the system in operation, displaying CPU usage% and Memory%.
The controller has a led RGB as backlight, the effects of lighting in the video, are just for testing because it does not define whether it will still be color change according to the displayed value (as in the video), or whether each function will have their own color (memory = blue, cpu = red).
*The video narration is in native language and without subtitles.

Hardware:
CPU: I7 4790
MD: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
Memory: HyperX Fury 2X8 + 2X4 = 24GB
SSD: 2X HyperX 120GB 3K (Raid 0)
SSD2: HyperX 240GB Savage
HD storage: Seagate 4TB
Power Source: Cooler Master G750M
Cooling: Cooler Master Nepton 240M
Fans: 3x Silencio FP 120 PWM
Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5

And who wants to know more about my casemodder work:http://www.samamba.com.br/

At the top, I decided to make a translucent acrylic cover in the form of MasterCase Pro 5 cover model.

It was a little tricky bend and adjust this acrylic to fit just right, but in the end I got it. andfollowing the result.

Before (only the cut piece) 

9pwRLnp.jpg

After (Cut, held the bevels to angles and adjusted to fit better)

M7rVA0t.jpg

DBFyMZ2.jpg

It was also held to exchange the original top cover for this closed acrylic.

I'm thinking of putting the SSD and maybe the HD show that top, with a few other details that once you are done I demonstrate here.

Another change I made was on the front panel.

I pulled the power and reset buttons, and eliminated the holes thereof, made a small new panel that will withstand vandal 3 (power, reset and a third button that will make the exchange of what will be displayed on the nixie tube).

Following the result (the panel is only supported in the case, so it is a bit out, I have not and I fixed or painted it, it is only in primer for testing) ztquqdP.jpg

5VcXP5G.jpg

2bgRVAL.jpg

r9Mu63Z.jpg

After some work, bent all the front parts as wanted and set it in place. I also did the drilling required for fitting parts in the cabinet and mounted the same with all acrylic parts (even with plastic protection).

There is still cut side windows to initiate the process of painting, but this is rough cut to have an idea of what to come.

At the top was made an opening system using kitchen cabinet dampers (I removed the pressure thereof, but still has a resistance of landing and hold the lid open).

Inside it was mounted a cover of the source and a cover for the back. In front there will be nothing, it will be where you will stay the toilet radiator.

M2gDsOE.jpg

wmyd96u.jpg

QhvDB7i.jpg

tkUezgs.jpg

W2O4Rdq.jpg

jFAHlUe.jpg

JBmnYEw.jpg

HT1pqBH.jpg

XsZAf52.jpg

yEldMSL.jpg

EmvaxpN.jpg

AdRNgyh.jpg

WWpZwMA.jpg

qvVQrBK.jpg

KPfImWX.jpg 

gUJ5Zhl.jpg

Personal good! For now this is it! I hope you are enjoying the project!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Front panel and custom paint imitating worn industrial metal (all case received this painting) ...

nUs6CbA.jpg

Nixie Tube front panel ...

9b0pvpN.jpg

Part of the lighting (remembering that it is controlled by android Bluetooth application. But also added color to change function through a button on the case) ...

uRpRryV.jpg

And the final pictures!

tRzBgmz.jpg

D4ThT2R.jpg

qngEv5B.jpg

Il2BM52.jpg

zjVd1lG.jpg

ZVlFIqF.jpg

msgd20A.jpg

PkwFHW7.jpg

JJoqSWp.jpg

DaW2mdu.jpg