Ali Abbas

Hi Guys, here is my second entry for the Scratchbuild category of the Coolermaster World Series 2016

In this case the name is the game. ARMAGEDDON, The sum of all fears depicts what happen between what was and what is.

Once again I would like to mention that its all 100 % handmade, no automative tools like cnc, 3d printers, laser or waterjets were used. the paintjob will be something not done before too.

Its basically a computer table with hardware, but i wanted to radically change what others have made of this idea and make it more

desk that can tranform into a PC. I did that by motirosing much of the hardware.

One big difference is of course that I am taking leave from the very many time seen glass top tables which display the hardware. Dont get me wrong I love those builds, but they all follow the same principle, glass tope leds and water cooling and lighting etc,, all visible.

My hardware will be inside and underneatch and mostle in the back of the table

Another feature which was important for me is that it is a foldable tabel and can be transported even though when its stands its huge.

ITS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION, but here is the progress so far, which will be finished by the end of the registration progress here, I hope.

So far the monitor can be eleveated and lowered in, the camera can be slid left and right approx. 50cms, the keyboard can be revealed or concealed and the camera can now be tilted too and the 7xusb 3.0 hub can be revealed or concealed too. much much much more to come of course.

this is the basic idea, with all sorts of hardware which can be revealed or concealed. stealthy and cutting edge.

top%20view%20armageddon_zpsvjaaqy6n.jpg

i started with the monitor elevators. these will bothe dissapear into the desk when not needed or so that the kids cannot use the pc without permission. :evil2:  :happy7:

PICT5993_zps1gvezjn1.jpgPICT5994_zpscri1eamd.jpgPICT5995_zpswi31lcho.jpgPICT5996_zpsw5td9ta8.jpgPICT5997_zps3jymhihp.jpgPICT5998_zpszi8hlaw1.jpgPICT6001_zpsab9kaosu.jpgPICT0007_zpsfzmrp92p.jpgPICT0009_zpslec0iub0.jpg

the actuator linear motor is actually salvaged from an old hospital bed.

PICT0012_zpsjqojlgyb.jpgPICT0014_zpstqavrmu5.jpgPICT0078_zps3uvcyyqu.jpg

the next module was the keyboard retriever, i wanted the keyboard to be hidden when not needed, giving me more desk to work on. seeing as the touchpad which you will also see can be turned on and off, that wont matter. the keyboard slide lifts the keyboard at just the right angle and slides it back with a cover when not in use. i needed to essentially keep as much leg space as possible, so this is how i concocted this slid shaft.

PICT0904_zpsvhrl8tmt.jpg

the next module was the keyboard retriever, i wanted the keyboard to be hidden when not needed, giving me more desk to work on. seeing as the touchpad which you will also see can be turned on and off, that wont matter. the keyboard slide lifts the keyboard at just the right angle and slides it back with a cover when not in use. i needed to essentially keep as much leg space as possible, so this is how i concocted this slide shaft.

PICT0892_zpsj1tiwjaz.jpg

PICT0893_zpsyxdmtir4.jpgPICT0896_zpskreebkyp.jpgPICT0897_zpstjgcuqll.jpgPICT0898_zpsfzjev3tj.jpgPICT0903_zpseetkgfdj.jpgPICT0904_zpsvhrl8tmt.jpg

then it was time for the first function tests videos.

here is the monitor elevator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfJkp3c84SU

and here is the first concept which i blew and then the second keyboard retriever concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffjl_Qi_0Ug

it was then time to start the table top itself, so i went upstairs to get my drawing onto wood and the dimnsions right. once again i didnt just want a straight forward design squred and oblonged onto four legs, so made thsi very stealthy almost ram spoiler or joypad like design which will really look greta when its finished.

it was just about then that i realised how big this was gonna be and how lessw orkspace i actually have. thats also a reason why it can be folded and ready to go whenever i like, i can also fold and get it out of the very narrow workshop door way.

it will be a double floored inward hollow top structure like here visible.

PICT0907_zps4n5tfjlz.jpgPICT0908_zpskyff7ugx.jpgPICT0926_zps0m9ittks.jpgPICT0927_zpsxjapkmmv.jpgPICT0928_zpsywhdjdxc.jpgPICT0929_zps16tvwoyt.jpgPICT0930_zpsglwghwrf.jpgPICT0932_zps66ouoxqn.jpg

PICT0933_zpsdznopq2q.jpg

i cut in cable tunnels for the wiring later on between the inner support planking an framework and then married both pieces together.

PICT0934_zpsudengcoa.jpgPICT0935_zpsox4to9bq.jpgPICT0936_zpsd3zirwlj.jpgPICT0937_zpsmyxkw2wm.jpg

PICT0938_zpstjwuootq.jpg

as you maybe notice, things are very tight now. my biggest computer project so far.

PICT0939_zpstce0fgb6.jpgPICT0941_zpsmu4lh6h0.jpgPICT0942_zpsdeiff91g.jpgPICT0943_zpsxqdljcsf.jpg

here you can see the monitor module and table top married together and folded down.

PICT0944%20hinged1_zpsdmkic2rt.jpg

i then married in the keyboard module

PICT0949_zpsoykb3wuw.jpgPICT0950_zpsotjamvhh.jpg

PICT0952_zpsxyjbkqnh.jpg

PICT0953_zpshlat4muy.jpgPICT0954_zpsehkaihjq.jpgPICT0955_zpsf6emaktc.jpgPICT0956_zpsowudqjjz.jpg

the next step was getting the touchpad placed and fixed in so that it can be charged and used via on off switch at will.

PICT0956_zpsdcnxkihx.jpg

PICT0959_zps0luysook.jpgPICT0976_zpsau0ilzpp.jpgPICT0965_zpsuahyvdrb.jpgPICT0966_zpss8smqle5.jpgPICT0968_zpskofdumkp.jpgPICT0969_zpsor0toog0.jpgPICT0971_zpsvzdr9hwj.jpgPICT0972_zpsnsedog5r.jpgPICT0974_zpsi7dlsbht.jpgPICT0975_zpskw1wg81t.jpgPICT0975_zpskw1wg81t.jpgPICT0978_zpsqbr6mq6b.jpg

the next thing i will show is how i made the legs..

so its time for an update here too..

time to start the swing n foldable legs...PICT0979_zpshjunapb8.jpgPICT0981_zps0ibck6gz.jpgPICT0980_zpswur8qh2m.jpgPICT0983_zpsxbxid6cp.jpgPICT0985_zps7yfoefy6.jpgPICT0986_zpsgm1f1ezp.jpgPICT0988_zps1uelyaaj.jpgPICT0989_zpsfcrg058q.jpgPICT0993_zpshcyrvycq.jpgPICT0995_zpsawfzgmqo.jpgPICT0996_zps3oxrhf2z.jpgPICT1000_zpsg96kl94p.jpgPICT1002_zpshzjgc2kq.jpgPICT1003_zps0gip1ooo.jpgthese will be acryl slider washers inbetween the monitor carriage and legs to help against friction when opening.PICT1004_zps81r9vony.jpgPICT1005_zpsdbwmxbp9.jpgtime to wed the legs to the monitor carriage and table top

PICT1007_zpspfiz1kzz.jpgPICT1008_zps6qo5xdrp.jpgPICT1009_zps1elkiovw.jpgPICT1010_zpsda6nl5p2.jpgPICT1011_zpsdn6uywrr.jpgPICT1015_zps7zsxzxny.jpgPICT1016_zpszyh4hp4i.jpgPICT1017_zpsllimywrb.jpgPICT1018_zpszshrzzpx.jpgPICT1019_zpsblwrwpbp.jpgPICT1020_zpsebepdkum.jpgPICT1023_zpsba9cnoml.jpgmore to come..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Show us more!

thanks warren, sorry for the delay, here is the next batch of pics.

the next step was to make the top of the montir box so as to carry a camera slide which lets the camera slide left and right as well as tilting.

PICT1029_zpsaim2lx52.jpg

I also started the back shelf which will host certain hardware like dvd, panels, button etc..

PICT1030_zps9nhhfxe0.jpg

PICT1032_zpsfn5epdvq.jpg

PICT1033_zpsija8cnnj.jpg

PICT1036_zpsjemows8y.jpg

PICT1037_zps32zowebz.jpg

PICT1038_zpsvkuuevdf.jpg

then i found this great video recorder top casette loader tray. this will be a great feature for holding a retractable usb hub. i went again to the scrap yard but couldnt find another one. two would have been good.

PICT1047_zps9lllcgvq.jpg

PICT1049_zpsbf6ewsxo.jpg

PICT1052_zpsokuld9qf.jpg

PICT1054_zpsaczvq02e.jpg

PICT1059_zpscz64yjkb.jpg

here i found a lot of left over cog rails from other projects, will utilise them all in a row for the camera slide.

the slide will run on a modified cabel channel plastic carriage as you see her in the making.

PICT1064_zpsbxnqbk9r.jpgPICT1063_zpsfcieokzp.jpg

PICT1062_zps7bn1knag.jpg

i mouted the camera on he carroage with a servo to tilt and the motorisation is froms scrap yard salvaged motor with worm drive found in a broken slide projector.

PICT1065_zpsafhtojfs.jpg

PICT1066_zpsmvbhxt5z.jpg

PICT1061_zpsk2iihfzu.jpg

PICT1069_zpsq0lunhnp.jpg

i can take the whole carroage camera system off as a module later like here.

PICT1070_zpsxkun4hbk.jpg

PICT1072_zpsr4gkjsdt.jpg

PICT1082_zpsmiejxygi.jpg

PICT1089_zps1fuad3xm.jpg

here you see the mid section of the back shelf which will not only hold the dvd and co. but also be athe cave for the keyboard cover when the keyboard is raised.

PICT1101_zpsxnhioa29.jpg

i had to buys and extra long borer for the push button of the video recorder loader usb hub mechanism.

PICT1102_zpsmgcuqaqu.jpg

PICT1113_zpswit2cnbb.jpg

as you can see, the keyboard cover slides automatically into the back shelf cave.

PICT1116_zpshzdbeeg4.jpg

am also making a second leds cache shelf with indirect light towards the back for eye easiness later when useing this.

PICT1133_zps893pc0zs.jpg

this little clock set me bac 3 euros and will be a nice little analogue feature in the middle of the shelf.

PICT1140_zpsxslexoxy.jpg

PICT1141_zpsgidcsyok.jpg

PICT1146_zpsgp7pklbx.jpg

PICT1150_zpscjv4rc01.jpg

opposie side from the video hub, is another hidden closet which will hold usb power connectors for charging phones etc.. thus they will not be flying around on the table. can also hide a usb hdd case in there.

PICT1151_zps7quspchm.jpg

i am simply making these long but slim drawers because its possible to use the legs that way, are not really necessary, but the legs are hollow so why not.

PICT1156_zpsjleroe5o.jpg

PICT1157_zpsxrfpzqu6.jpg

of course i want sound integration too, so i am modifying my creative labs 2.1 system for thsi build. the satteleites will remian in the original caseing for better acoustic but be totally shrouded in armaggedon style.

PICT1217_zpsmrmofgme.jpg

PICT1219_zpskvpq9yqe.jpg

PICT1221_zpse27lvmcy.jpg

PICT1222_zpsoetur8np.jpg

PICT1224_zpsocrbu4b8.jpg

this is still a test for the optics of whether i use them or not. when painted they should look like protective guards, lets see.

PICT1227_zpsbjacwziy.jpg

PICT1228_zps9lt41inl.jpg

PICT1230_zpspo3wzffz.jpg

more to come..

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys, so the Thermaltake UK Trophy and Invitational is over and now i can dedicate my time to the ARMAGEDDON project again. after the mod is before the mod. i dont know what happened to the pics in the öast post, but here they are again. i didnt like the first speaker design and decided to integrate my creative labs 2.1 sub woofer. i made new speaker cases and a mount out of music jack and sockets, this was i just click them on and swivel them in whatever direction i want them while they dont lose the connection.
PICT1217_zpsmrmofgme.jpg
PICT1218_zpsxs41zimi.jpg
PICT1219_zpskvpq9yqe.jpg
PICT1221_zpse27lvmcy.jpg
PICT1222_zpsoetur8np.jpg

her i made the jack on connection, it works great.
PICT6096_zpsujbmulko.jpg
PICT6097_zpskekm9ovk.jpg
PICT6098_zpsyhkjpkmu.jpg
PICT6099_zps0jbi17ta.jpg
PICT6100_zpsioofhnch.jpg
PICT6101_zpsjodzuta5.jpg
more to come..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, here is my second entry for the Scratchbuild category of the Coolermaster World Series 2016

In this case the name is the game. ARMAGEDDON, The sum of all fears depicts what happen between what was and what is.

Once again I would like to mention that its all 100 % handmade, no automative tools like cnc, 3d printers, laser or waterjets were used. the paintjob will be something not done before too.
Its basically a computer table with hardware, but i wanted to radically change what others have made of this idea and make it more
desk that can tranform into a PC. I did that by motirosing much of the hardware.

One big difference is of course that I am taking leave from the very many time seen glass top tables which display the hardware. Dont get me wrong I love those builds, but they all follow the same principle, glass tope leds and water cooling and lighting etc,, all visible.
My hardware will be inside and underneatch and mostle in the back of the table

Another feature which was important for me is that it is a foldable tabel and can be transported even though when its stands its huge.

ITS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION, but here is the progress so far, which will be finished by the end of the registration progress here, I hope.

So far the monitor can be eleveated and lowered in, the camera can be slid left and right approx. 50cms, the keyboard can be revealed or concealed and the camera can now be tilted too and the 7xusb 3.0 hub can be revealed or concealed too. much much much more to come of course.

this is the basic idea, with all sorts of hardware which can be revealed or concealed. stealthy and cutting edge.

Archived