Thank you for watching and commenting St.o.CH

I debated about which color to paint the Scythe GTs for EK's 360 XTX Radiator. Decided to leave the fan blade hubs their factory grey and paint the frames GULF Blue, which works together and helps break up all of the orange.

gentle_1_typhoon_GT_scythe_fan_paint_gui

gentle_2_typhoon_GT_scythe_fan_paint_gui

gentle_3_typhoon_GT_scythe_fan_paint_gui

Clear coat applied

gentle_4_typhoon_GT_scythe_fan_paint_gui

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks DB!

Re-assembled the GTs yesterday with these replacement C-clip Retainer Rings that fit Gentle Typhoon fan axels, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/ball-bearing-pc-cooling-fan-external-retaining-ring-or-c-clip-pliers-clone.html 

scythe_fan_c_clip_gentle_typhoon_darksid

gentle_5_typhoon_GT_scythe_fan_paint_gui

gentle_6_typhoon_GT_scythe_fan_paint_gui

I use two micro flat head screw drivers to snap the c-clip over the fan motor axle / shaft

gentle_7_typhoon_GT_scythe_fan_paint_gui

EK's 360mm XTX radiator has convenient port on bottom for draining your loop. I'm using a Koolance Drain Valve with two of their swiveling 90 degree "snake" extensions.(Bitspower also makes a nice drain valve)

koolance_pc_watercool_mod_zoo_fitting_va

Koolance Drain valve (4 way Splitter won't be used in this build)

koolance_pc_watercool_mod_zoo_fitting_va

I'm using two of these Koolance swiveling 90 degree "snake" extensions. The others were used in Origin PC build, http://mnpctech.com/genesis-the-evolution-of-the-mod-munky-staff-project-with-origin-pc-genesis-full-tower.html

EK_1_360_TXT_size_fit_typhoon_GT_scythe_

EK_2_360_TXT_size_fit_typhoon_GT_scythe_

EK_3_360_TXT_size_fit_typhoon_GT_scythe_

EK_4_360_TXT_size_fit_typhoon_GT_scythe_

I really like your build, and thank you

Only had few minutes yesterday to work on my build. Decided on Black wire fan grills for the GTs. I like the look. I guess some would call them "old school" when compared to vast array of fan grills available today, btw All of the machined aluminum parts for Deep Silver's Homefront: Revolution Gaming PC are getting finished, so I'm dividing workshop time between both builds. What a contrast lol, from "don't scratch the paint!" on "what is the best grit to score this finish"on Homefront.

I also swapped out the Black factory thumbscrews for Mastercase SSD trays to machined knurled silver aluminum.

gulf_porsche_9z9k_EK_XTX_360_radiator_co

gulf_porsche_9z9l_EK_XTX_360_radiator_co

gulf_porsche_9z9m_EK_XTX_360_radiator_co

gulf_porsche_9z9n_EK_XTX_360_radiator_co

• 2 weeks later...

Archived