[project] i-spider, a stacker mod.

_ferry_

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic mod - I love how you are handling all the wiring.

I'm in the process of ordering the parts for my project and I am also using two Cooler Master cases - In my case (not punny), errr, cases, I'm using two Centurion 5's.

Cooler Master makes great stuff! (should be safe to say that on this site 8) )

JayDee

Past sunday i've ben polishing the PSU, and made some kind of cover for it, there is some space now between the fan ande the grill. So i hope there won't be noise of air fowing trough the grill.

full.jpg

The PSU+ cover for it. Don't look at those fingerprints and tape ;)

full.jpg

When i did a test fit the cover was way to high for it, i guess you can see that black piece of the frame below the PSI slots. It pretents adding high PSU's. So i decided to mount the PSU 2cm more in the case.

full.jpg

Ofcoourse you will have a space around the PSU if you do that. I've got an idea for that

Today i've cutted down the sidepanels:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Do'nt mind the different intensity, i just quickly added 2 CCFL's for the show.

full.jpg

These are the things witch will fill up the hole between the case and PSU, 2 plexi and 3 of alu, the 3'th one is the version witch will be on top, like the standaard mounting plates. But now with the holes 6mm lower.

All i did today was cutting down those sidepanels. cutting out the pieces above i will do next time because i'm having a headace now :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Finaly an update, ive been busy with some other things in the resting piece of my social life :D:D But i've been working on it. Bu i've done things witch are hard to see, like fine adjusting the upper case on the lower one, made some drawnings and new idea's and stuff like that. I've also bought a new camera, so i had to learn working with it as you can see at the pictures.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Both the PSU's. Dont mind the bad white balance.

full.jpg

Note the alu profeles on the edge, they are now on the right side.

full.jpg

It fits perfect :D

full.jpg

full.jpg

The backside of the PSU's. I'm going to hide them :)

full.jpg

Notice the distance bolts, i'm going to mount a alu plate on it with some kind of grill witch will hide the PSU's and radiator. I'f i could describe it better in english i would do, now you guys should wait for new pics ;)

full.jpg

Damn, wat a cable mess :P

Finally some time for updating, i worked on the sidepanels. I had the idea of finishing the rear, but i had to work out some things, and i need some money to purchase the stuff for it.

full.jpg

The side like it used to be

full.jpg

Taped, al the lines are 19 degree, the same as the italic font i used.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Well, you might have never expected a rotating disk for this, but it works great :rock: I used a 1mm disk, it didn;t bite into the aluminium, and lines were very straight, i think because a large disk can't make small turnings.

full.jpg

Still with the tape on it.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Note that the corners should be finished with some fine dremel tools or some sandpaper.

full.jpg

The resting piece of the sidepanel will be used for something like this.

I want to make something that looks like a air intake, made of plexi. To give you an idea:

full.jpg

This is 1 of the milion sketches i made during my training period. The pieces witch are sensored will be shown soon i hope so :)

Archived