[project] i-spider, a stacker mod.

_ferry_

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the past day's i've been busy with mounting the rad's.

full.jpg

Cutted the hole in top of the case.

full.jpg

full.jpg

The backside is made of carton, yust a temp. solution to check the exact dimensions and te check if the rad's and tubes will fitt well.

full.jpg

Dremel time

full.jpg

EIf you look good you can see some plexi. I'm not gonna use that. But i might mount some plexi between the case and radiator.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Well, that's it for now, the case is gonna visit the pcXperience in the netherlands, on the coolermaster stand :)

whoa, you do all that in your bedroom? i think the top fan gaurd would look much better without those thumbscrews, something less noticeable so all the attention is on your awesome fan grill.

whoa, you do all that in your bedroom? i think the top fan gaurd would look much better without those thumbscrews, something less noticeable so all the attention is on your awesome fan grill.

No, i've got a large workroom with welding machines and stuff like that, only the assembly and electronics i do at my bedroom :P

I agree about those thumbscrews. But i havn't got some others with the right length right now. (only more ugly ones)

But i think 99% of the people would have lot's of space with the normal height.

haha, guess i belong to the 1%.... i have 1 Musketeer and 3 drive cages ( CM 4-in-3) almost maxed out - 11 HDDs and only 1 to go .. I could certainly use a Super Stacker like yours !

Great job, excellent. Innovative too.

"goe gedaan jochie" :wink:

This guy is a genius!

What an amazing project this is!

Anyway, I also need more space in my stacker. I wish there was a way to use devices like the aerogates, and musketeer, and still be able to mound more hard drives, without having to use HD cages.

Congratulations for winning the Dutch Modding Championship Ferry!!!!!!!

I think I-Spider will be the number one on CeBIT in 2006!

Thanks again :D

i've been having a great time over there. And lets hope so, cebit 2006 would be great :)

• 2 weeks later...
This guy is a genius!

What an amazing project this is!

Anyway, I also need more space in my stacker. I wish there was a way to use devices like the aerogates, and musketeer, and still be able to mound more hard drives, without having to use HD cages.

suspend mount them.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/modules.p ... 109&page=1

this is how id prefer it though

3700suspended6sx.th.jpg

DONT use rubberbands...they will dry out and snap. Bungie cord or similar will work nicely though.

Archived