MasterCase5 MOD: Project TRON

Megadeblow

Got some more photos incoming, closeup of the outside, inside and a couple of colours I ran though with the internal RGB lighting so you can see how it effects the water and tap.

Not all of the photos will have the EL tape lighting on and some photos are daylight, room light, direct light and no light.

DSC_3855_zpsrtrq4fos.jpg

DSC_3859a_zps0brlm9nq.jpg

DSC_3899a_zpsyndrn0dk.jpg

DSC_3905a_zpsrgsws8pz.jpg

DSC_3906a_zpsmsktsy54.jpg

DSC_3929a_zpsxzltdprn.jpg

DSC_3933a_zpsflw2g8ox.jpg

DSC_3947a_zpsgvan5mjf.jpg

DSC_3860a_zpssibfvlct.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok final post unless something new pops up to report back on :)
Although I do have a total of 200+ photos if anyone want to see them I might add to FB later..

The day shots, some randoms and finishing of with EL wire only lighting in the dark.

DSC_3963a_zps3iwvtq4t.jpg

DSC_3965_zps2o4tqtf5.jpg

DSC_3967a_zpsfjobill3.jpg

DSC_3962_zpsw8jocnsi.jpg

DSC_3951a_zpsovy0ota0.jpg

DSC_3927_zps5f1qwz5c.jpg

Should have used some more EL tape for this bottom cover for a more even light, very tight space behind as I have some extra bits in there to make flushing the system a bit more easy.

DSC_3915_zpsu0l9owtq.jpg

DSC_3897_zpssyxl84ym.jpg

DSC_3894a_zpslduygcdl.jpg

DSC_3890_zps4m30ukgi.jpg

DSC_3884a_zpso42vxosz.jpg

DSC_3874a_zpsnrez2vcw.jpg

DSC_3870a_zpscqms0lze.jpg

DSC_3868a_zps5lpdzgpp.jpg

DSC_3867a_zpssksasy44.jpg

DSC_3865a_zpsuk8n9l1i.jpg

DSC_3873a_zpsrr5mh0qx.jpg

Been a great build to work on, the case was a perfect fit for the Tron theme and I hope everyone likes what I did with the case and parts.
when I get a chance I will grab the white tron from the shed and get that group shot :)

For now though I'm done, thanks for all the comments and feel free to let me know if I missed anything out or you have something you want to ask. 

Until the next time :)

Rob (Megadeblow) Deluce.

Wow, amazing work!  
I believe I see the front cover has a splitter connection and EL wire on front cover looks separate from case so it can be easily removed, smart.  
I have an EL wire strand on inside edges of side panel window that I have to disconnect when taking off. It's worth it.  
Also like how the EL wire along the bottom edge acts as a nice underlighting! 
Very talented. 

Any plans to replace those red LEDs on I/O panel? Would require soldering, but not too difficult unless they are SMD LEDs. Those can be a pain because of how small they are. 

7 hours ago, Ne1ld0 said:

Wow, amazing work!  
I believe I see the front cover has a splitter connection and EL wire on front cover looks separate from case so it can be easily removed, smart.  
I have an EL wire strand on inside edges of side panel window that I have to disconnect when taking off. It's worth it.  
Also like how the EL wire along the bottom edge acts as a nice underlighting! 
Very talented. 

Any plans to replace those red LEDs on I/O panel? Would require soldering, but not too difficult unless they are SMD LEDs. Those can be a pain because of how small they are. 

Thanks mate. yeah spitters on the front and sides/back so I can remove all the panels without much problem.
I did conciser changing the LEDs on the front i/o but decided to just leave it alone apart from some paint on the USB ports,
Along with some other things, it could be something I change later down the road.

I have some XP with the tinny LEDs as I use to change over the Xbox 360 pad LEDs a couple of years back, have 100s of the little 
hard to keep a grip on things :D

Oh, I forgot to ask now that Tron 1.0 is complete, how loud/annoying are your power inverter(s)?

I'm only using one that has a sound controlled feature and it gets annoying pretty quick with that high pitched constant noise.

Also, if you used 2 power inverters, is one for exterior and one for interior lighting? If so, would love to see pics with each turned on individually.

Archived