[SPONSORED] - Project Sinister

Sphinx818

In case (pun not intended :P) everyone was wondering what type of screws are used to keep the perspex panel in place...

Only the best ;)

21_zpsqi12tz7l.jpg

An overview shot of the chassis from the back with the motherboard and graphics card installed:

22_zpsm4h8m8ie.jpg

A close up of the graphics card mounting bracket, this will be re-painted once the chassis is ready:

23_zpsspzqhwze.jpg

Finally, here's an internal view:

24_zpspocozunc.jpg

More updates on the way soon!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was a great day, as I received the EK parts for the build from Cooler Master South Africa and Rectron South Africa, thanks a lot guys!

02_zpsbqdzrkqh.jpg

A side profile of the famous D5 pump, I decided on the PWM version to harness the PWM water pump socket on the Z170 Deluxe board from ASUS South Africa, thank you again ASUS SA!

03_zpse0lt3gwf.jpg

Here is a macro shot I took of the high-quality black compression fittings from EK. Thank you Cooler Master South Africa and Rectron South Africa!

04_zpswtc1wbix.jpg

The reservoir is really high quality, I decided on the EK-RES X3 150 due to space and I think it's a perfect size (Stay tuned for where this bad boy is going to be mounted!)

05_zpsgbsdoobf.jpg

A close up of the D5 pump (which includes the new XTOP from EK) with the black EK compression fittings.

08_zpseydzlk4o.jpg

Another close up shot, a profile of the new D5 pump from EK!

09_zpsssyh1rve.jpg

Here's a close up of the XTOP that is included with the Revo D5 PWM EK pump from Rectron South Africa, thanks a lot guys this is a gorgeous piece of hardware!

06_zpsxkdhtikn.jpg

A close up of the reservoir with some fittings! :D

07_zpsxrdhxed6.jpg

Thanks again Cooler Master South Africa and Rectron South Africa for the gorgeous EK components, they are going to work so well in this build! :D

Today was a great challenge, I had to hunt down a shop that had the correct 1/4" BSP tap to thread the perspex cover for the built-in water channel for the build - Managed to obtain one from THT Tools.
Long story short, I obtained one and was able to thread the 3mm perspex cover, needless to say, a perfect fit and the results are as intended!

12_zps9frh6hbp.jpg

An overview of the two EK Black compression fittings installed.
Thanks Cooler Master South Africa and Rectron South Africa! The result looks so great and cannot wait to get busy with the rest of the amazing EK components!

13_zpsziz33lkt.jpg

A profile shot of the two EK Black compression fittings installed into the 3mm perspex cover panel, this is so exciting!

14_zps6xxyfbtw.jpg

Here is a shot of the profile that needs to be cut into the 3mm cover panel for the water channel side. Measure twice, cut once!

10_zpste4tpu78.jpg

11_zps0evqkaqd.jpg

So today was about cutting a hole into the face of the Sinister mod, to allow for the mounting of the reservoir.

A jig had to to be made so that the face plate can be supported during cutting.

15_zpsrxojkylb.jpg

Masking tape to prevent scratching of the face plate. Measure twice, cut once!

16_zpshmknmvqh.jpg

A close up shot of the symbolism I created around the Cooler Master logo.

17_zpsblf1ja2s.jpg

The result after cutting, will need to do final filing and cleaning of the edges, but the result is quite neat.

18_zpsynyuhunw.jpg

This started out as a photo of the side profile... Buuuuut a close up of the veins and dragon skin is always nice! :grin:

19_zpsneqfueia.jpg

And there she is! (I added the gut string for presentation purposes) I will be creating the brackets to permanently hold the reservoir soon. 

21_zpsgip8f2ih.jpg

Hi everyone!

Okay, today I received the Power Supply, RAM and CPU from Cooler Master, how exciting!

Yes, here come the close ups...

To start off, is an overview of the gorgeous hardware received today.

18_zpszdbrseci.jpg

The Corsair Vengence LED (Red) to match with the red accents and red LED strip that the MasterCase Maker 5 has:

19_zpsjcjratzy.jpg

20_zpskekemspw.jpg

Now for the Power Supply, Cooler Master was gracious enough to send me their new MasterWatt Maker 1200! :D

17_zpsqdf4fc1l.jpg

Here is a shot of the contents within the hefty packaging:

21_zpszmqxfnaj.jpg

People know that I am a sucker for aluminum... This is one beautiful power supply

22_zpsxxzheoxx.jpg

A close up of the fan grille:

24_zpsfmfmi3zn.jpg

23_zpsqopj1bgf.jpg

The rumours are true, you can connect your phone via Bluetooth to this power supply and use the app to monitor various aspects, this little guy is responsible for all that:

25_zps9nrk25k2.jpg

The MasterWatt Maker 1200!

26_zpsdyaaajwu.jpg

So I finished polishing the perspex panels and prepared them for the bonding process, here are some glamorous photos...

25_zpsddclq3ce.jpg

Here's a side profile, this is what will be seen from the exterior of the chassis:

26_zpsefhwfocp.jpg

A macro shot of one of the mounting holes for the panel:

27_zpsvhh81wvu.jpg

And a macro shot of the channel from the outside view:

28_zps7mtqewd6.jpg

Inside view of the channel:

29_zps8ks5jtzy.jpg

30_zps4vnyts0w.jpg

Some side profile goodness of the threaded mounting holes:

31_zpsjlqu52wo.jpg

This is why I love working with Perspex... It's as if this is from another world! :D

32_zps2t5ghswq.jpg

Some more updates to come soon!

Alright more updates!

This has been quite a hectic few days, but the system is coming together really nicely!

Let's start off by saying that yes both CPU & GPU (ASUS STRIX GTX1070 8GB DDR5) will be watercooled, the blocks are from XSPC (From my Envy System), take a look:

The beginning of the conversion process:

22_zpsvxv0d7uc.jpg

25_zps1xk280sl.jpg

Some close up goodness on the GPU:

24_zpszzgdjrzm.jpg

Heat sinks on the VRAM to make up for the missing behemoth of a cooler:

29_zps9kcgkyzx.jpg

Close up of the waterblock with the compression fittings from EK:

26_zpsuictkugl.jpg

23_zpsglohmamv.jpg

27_zpslora8onn.jpg

For the top side of the GPU, yes I am keeping the back plate ;)

30_zpsnw5qvgft.jpg

31_zpscuebl5n8.jpg

32_zps4t6fzmh5.jpg

The famous before and after shot:

28_zpsjrhi8izy.jpg

And of course, we end the GPU mod with some texturing goodness:

39_zpsblq1iugb.jpg

43_zpsm50zlar4.jpg

We move to the CPU:

Intel Core i5 6600K was provided to me for this build by Cooler Master South Africa, thanks guys!

XSPC Raystorm CPU Block, also received the texturing treatment:

34_zpsg7wj6esf.jpg

33_zpskrcewlxd.jpg

The RAM as well... Corsair Vengeance LED (Red) 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz:

35_zpsyzgbbfvp.jpg

36_zpsnrv7qpau.jpg

37_zpsgvqxzqdp.jpg

38_zpshijyesix.jpg

A picture of them installed:

40_zps5dno20vv.jpg

41_zps2yupxodc.jpg

I will be updating more quite soon, stick around for that one ;)

Archived