Mickeeboi

ou13dt.jpg

Hi my Name is Mickee from the Philippines, Cooler Master PH recently launched a PC modding shodown and I was lucky enough to be 1 of  the 4 modders who got invited so I will be modding alongside my idols in the local scene (Jesse Palacio, Mhike Samsin and DJ Madrid). 

The challenge for each modder is to come up with a theme that Filipinos are known for. So this one is mine, something that I've had a first hand experience of either listening to the noise barrage of neighbors or singing your heart out under the heavy influence of alcohol. The videoke machine is mostly present in almost any celebration that Filipinos have thus project "Luha" which is the Filipino word for tears. 

2e6h5l4.jpg

I will update this worklog with the full specs a soon as they are available for now we have the Mastercase 5 to work on :)

Unboxing the Mastercase

2el6p81.jpg

2aaiws1.jpg

33xkfp0.jpg

jra73t.jpg

23icys2.jpg

e653rr.jpg

2mqsztc.jpg

30rpuuu.jpg

dhdfm0.jpg

2ebu6tg.jpg

plt7l.jpg

311ktnl.jpg

First thing that I would like to change with the case is the orientation of the motherboard tray. 

Flipped it 90 degrees to the right or left? i don't know I've always had problems with left and right :P

Drilled two new holes and used a couple of thumb screws to secure the top mount then an additional custom panel out of 3mm thick acrylic for the top part and screwed the rest of the rear I/O.

1z73p6c.jpg

For the bottom part I screwed in a piece of tubular bar and used a couple of u channel aluminum to act as clips. 

6hoqye.jpg

I think it is good enough to hold the set up now brown cat is checking for quality :)

dzeaeb.jpg

As for paint I will mostly use cream white so I started off with the covers of the case handle.

2v2juva.jpg

Those are all for now, I will be back really soon! :)

• 1 month later...

Updates :)

Side panel window

263evza.jpg

Front Panel 

11llqhw.jpg

PC hardware 

We are going to use the Masterliquid 92 for this project, lovin' the form factor of this AIO Liquid Cooler

2dsmhav.jpg

157p2lu.jpg

wakcux.jpg

s4cbaq.jpg

Motherboard and GPU from MSI Philippines

s58brq.jpg

4qjtw3.jpg

16703lj.jpg

fy01no.jpg

2m8427s.jpg

2u5uydt.jpg

GSkil RAM and SSD

9huzvb.jpg

156scgh.jpg

2lku0x3.jpg

xd9j10.jpg

Back to the set up ;)

I was able to sleeve a Thermaltake SFX PSU.

2zp1qu1.jpg

Mounted a Filipino inspired shield for the Masterliquid 92, air flow is still good as I have dedicated enough clearance for the fans to breath air also I changed the orientation of the fans so that it pushes hot air towards the back of the shield.

33uv8k3.jpg

99ky1z.jpg

6t2pf8.jpg

Back side

2cdx2k2.jpg

Mounted the goodies in the case

mkxith.jpg

smpzy9.jpg

25grrso.jpg

kcnpu.jpg

307rwoj.jpg

More Filipino Inspired decals for the case, yes they are Tattoo patterns ;)

2nrdheg.jpg

28b410i.jpg

rjo6rs.jpg

Those are all for now, I will be back with the final photos Have a great day everyone! :)

Archived