The Gunslinger

InsolentGnome

Ah the fun part, the loop. :)

Nothing too crazy here running clear 1/2" od Primochill PETG in between Bill's hardline fittings.  I do have one of the measuring and bending sets from Monsoon, but find that I actually get better results just bending by hand.  I tackled the res first.  The bottom bend was tricky, 3 bends, 3 planes, and no way to hold the piece in position to eyeball it.

Heck I could barely get the finished piece in since it had to go through a slot under the rad just over 1/2" tall.

Gunslinger-2017-04-20_21.56.25-me.jpg

Once the hard bend was out of the way, the rest was just figuring out what looked best.  Ok, I'll admit that it wasn't that easy.  I spent a few days looking at it and deciding where i wanted the lines to run, but once the planning was out of the way, running the loop was a matter of a couple of hours.

Gunslinger-2017-04-20_21.30.49-me.jpg

Gunslinger-2017-04-20_21.56.07-me.jpg

Gunslinger-2017-04-20_21.56.36-me.jpg

The big thing was making sure everything was straight.

And then I filled the loop with Mayhem's UV white pastel.  I really only wanted white but ordered the UV by mistake.  Oh well, it'll look cool in black light, LOL.

Gunslinger-2017-04-23_00.03.27-me.jpg

Gunslinger-2017-04-22_12.56.42-me.jpg

Yeah, that run from the CPU to GPU is off.  Sometimes you've got to get the fluid in to really get an idea of what it looks like.  I thought it would be passable before I filled it, but wound up draining the loop to re-bend that piece.

While I was working on the loop, I was also cutting acrylic side panels.

Gunslinger-2017-04-21_20.58.07-me.jpg

They still need a bit more work but are passable.  I thought I had the holes for the magnets figured out, but wound up having to glue them in instead press fitting them.

That was a bit of a pain.

Gunslinger-2017-04-23_00.03.37.jpg

But now we're ready for final shots!

Sponsored by:

GeForce_Garage_2D_RGB.PNG

Swiftech_logo_black_background-me.jpg

mnpctech_store_logo_2014.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now we're at the end of our journey.  I want to thank GeForce Garage, Swiftech, and MNPCTECH for sponsoring this build and it's twin.  They really made these possible.  Also, I know a lot of people don't know the story these cases are based on, but hopefully they're cool enough to still be appreciated. :)  Now on with the pics!

Gunslinger-DSC00482-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00487-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00505-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00471-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00474-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00498-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00501-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00509-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00489-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00479-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00511-me.JPG

Gunslinger-DSC00495-me.JPG