Evgen

Hello, friends!

I have very simple computer desk, with keyboard rack. And that table is realy unremarkable.

So, I want transform that dreary table to good looking PC-case. In start I shold say, that my project is realy cheap.

P70127-222513.jpg

It's the approximate 3D model of all components, wich will be installed on keyboard rack (with front panel)

NX 10 - Базовый модуль - [сборка.prt].jpg

In the first, I need some special stuff, like open showcase for PC, raiser for graphics card and remote On\Off  button.

L-101-Многофункциональный-263-470-130-мм-Централизованное-Компьютерные-Корпуса-Возвышается-Самая-Большая-Поддержка-Для-Домашняя.jpg

1-6-м-Настольный-Компьютер-Корпус-Питания-on-off-Reset-HDD-Кнопочный-Переключатель-Кабели-прерыватель-Домашнего.jpg

Next stage: mark the placement of components on keyboard rack, and power supply and chassis fix on.

P70127-213839.jpg

And that is my future PC (including Intel i7-6700 OEM CPU)

P70205-211227.jpg

Keyboard rack was some dropped for accommodating all PC components

P70127-221309.jpg

I also did frame for graphics card from the same chassis and fix it on keyboard rack. Also there is remote buttom cable

P70204-141553.jpg

Now I need to hide raiser and power supply cables. For that big deal I'll use wood looking cable-channel

P70204-142011.jpg

P70204-142023.jpg

Trying to build the PC. Well, all is good on that stage (on CPU cooler was installed custom fan with blue LED).

P70205-114818.jpg

LED in graphics card doesn't look like I want, I need redesign it. But PC is working, it's good! Raiser was damage, so I need doing some stop on that stage. After receiving a new raiser all works will continued. On next stage I'll make the illumination of the central zone, replace the wood worktop to the glass one, and make wood front panel for PC.

P70205-215852.jpg

Sorry for picture quality, on the next stage it will be much better

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In waiting for new raiser I decided to make LED illumination of my sistem. It was maked in two parts of cable-channel, which was installed on the edges of metal panel (circled on red)

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG

So, let's try start it with custom CPU fan

IMG_7145.JPG

I like it. Camera some distors the color, in reality it looks like this

IMG_7146.JPG

So, the worktop replacement is waiting for me in the next. And I'm waiting for new raiser still. It's so difficultly, to find some good modding stuff in russian backwoods!

Hi Rvgen,

We've two different categories, and from your worklog this should belong to Scratch Build category.

Could you please move your worklog entry to "Scratch Build" category? http://community.coolermaster.com/forum/190-scratch-build/

Also there is rules for Scratch build. You may refer to http://makerhub.coolermaster.com/cmws-2017. Under "Details".

I ordered the glass worktop in specialized firm today, but the base of my table should be modified before the installation this.

In first, I need to stick the facing ribbon to the ends of the sidewalls.

IMG_7187.JPG

I'll use improvised means for that :)

IMG_7192.JPG

In process...

IMG_7193.JPG

IMG_7194.JPG

Also, I need make the cut for cables in back wall of the table. I have hand tools only, so cutting quality conforms. Small defects will be painted.IMG_7198.JPG

Ok, the base is almost ready.

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7202.JPG

I should to get the glass worktop tomorrow, in the ivning. After that I'll use old worktop for making the PC rack front panel and rear support for glass. 

Today I set glass worktop to base. Before that I did rear support for it. Old worktop served as material. There was many manual sawing and filing.

IMG_7210_1.JPG

Support is done. I used simple confirmats for fixing support pannel into the table. 

IMG_7211.JPG

Quality of manual sawing isn't good, some defects there are. May be I will order wood panels for my table in specialized firm in few month. Will see.

IMG_7212.JPG

I have special fasteners for glass, so it's fixed glass on base.

IMG_7213.JPG

IMG_7216.JPG

IMG_7214.JPG

Good. For complet happiness I just need to make front panel and get raiser. After that I'll fix some small things, and my project will be finished.

IMG_7227.JPG

IMG_7229.JPG

My good friend did for me that cool wood plank for front panel on his  furniture firm.IMG_7233.thumb.JPG.accf4e5ec4e0c76488f5eb660636ef78.JPG

I set it on PC with simple steel angles.

IMG_7234.thumb.JPG.c944ac4d80a909cd2b80d8f90f3df11b.JPG IMG_7236.thumb.JPG.e8657459101dba7a608856176415bd7f.JPG

There is slit, so the angles should be corrected.

It's not end! I have some stuff, which will be installed on front panel: system control unit, two 80 mm fans and USB 3.0 hub.IMG_7237.thumb.JPG.44dd2a6adf39e24ece2a8034550ac7b0.JPG

I am in the process of making holes for that.

IMG_7238.thumb.JPG.1383317c9ab2fca2060d8f6f7be9b3fc.JPG

Archived