Toxic Envi - 900D, 4930K, R4BE, EKWB, WC

Gary Murphy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the main braces were powder coated, the rubber pads had to be removed. These pads are held in place with adhesive transfer tape and are tricky to remove cleanly.

Here is a shot of the bottom with no rubber cushions in place.

4De9hFK.jpg

After thoroughly cleaning the rubber pads to remove all residue from the original factory adhesive, I used Scotch adhesive transfer tape (924) to reattach the rubber pads to factory specifications. 

Here are all four pads with the tape in place.

slT5NhR.jpg

Here is a shot of the pads reattached on the bottom of the main braces. The process was clean and they are back to factory appearance and durability.

eWGlxIq.jpg

Now to mount the power supply...

Here is a shot of the Corsair AX1200 modular power supply. I have 3 of these units now and love their dependability and modular functionality.

kSOjejA.jpg

Mounting the unit took about 5 minutes. I oriented the fan to pull air in from the right hand side of the case.

UvUGyx9.jpg

Here is a shot of the back of the case with the power supply in the left lower bay. The black PSU case complements nicely with the other black accents.

v3WWjbL.jpg

To cut down on all of the unused cable pass-through areas, I had a motherboard tray cover created. This will eliminate all the unnecessary openings so that a clean appearance is seen from the window.

Here is a shot of the motherboard tray with all the grommets removed.

uajViFn.jpg

This is the motherboard tray cover with the openings designed for the Rampage IV Black Edition. The two top openings are for the 8 fan cables that will be installed on the upper radiator.

eT1UR66.jpg

Here is the cover installed. As you can see, all the empty pass-through areas between the motherboard and 5.25" bays are covered. This open area is where the reservoir will be mounted.

gytnAk2.jpg

This build will incorporate two 4x120mm (480) radiators. I selected the EK Coolstream 480 PE Quad due to their size and good performance.

Here is a shot of these beauties lined up.

l0riKnK.jpg

D9anqlU.jpg

The build quality is excellent and I love the radiator nameplate, even though it will never be seen.

7Bq3pPA.jpg

5ZgUAti.jpg

Here is a shot of all 17 Corsair fans. Each 120mm fan box is a twin pack containing two fans each. The 140mm fan is a single unit.

3J7irG4.jpg

Better shot of all these fans.

ZZH3qHu.jpg

I painted the fan rings to match the build color scheme and replaced all the fan stickers with custom ones.

Here is a shot of the first four fans mounted on a radiator.

w9KP8tk.jpg

Here are all eight fans for the top radiator that will be in a push-pull configuration. You can see the difference in the front and rear fan stickers.

KaBjF50.jpg

I decided to utilize the Primochill Revolver fittings for this build. I chose the nickel plated brass color.

These can be purchased in 10-packs and come with a small wrench for tightening them down.

3EBV3wp.jpg

I will be needing at least two of these 10-packs to start.

5e7hOhd.jpg

Here is the motherboard with the temporary caps over the fitting openings.

zInjsQR.jpg

I installed six fittings around the CPU area (2 on CPU block, 2 on MOSFET/VRM block, 2 on southbridge block).

YcTGHnE.jpg

This is a close-up of the fittings on the CPU block.

TP3i6sr.jpg

I decided on the Aqualis reservoir (model 34040) that is made by Aquacomputer.

QnL2FFi.jpg

This reservoir is equipped with a borosilicate glass tube instead of acrylic. This material is scratch-resistant and very durable.

I went with the Pro version since it includes six 5mm LED holders and the inner glass is nano coated to reduce water beading.

Here is the reservoir and holder out of the box.

jaa7RhX.jpg

To disassemble you merely unscrew the top piece and the whole thing comes apart easily. There are 2 screws holding the bottom metal piece in place.

BmivQ36.jpg

The six LED holes can be seen in the bottom reservoir piece, towards the rear. All of the wiring must lay along a very narrow channel and fit through the opening on the front.

7OaQilw.jpg

I think six 5mm LED lights are overkill, so I am going with four. I selected two of the XSPC twin 5mm Green LED wiring kits.

zLqhT4q.jpg

I will work on getting these installed tomorrow and should hopefully have the reservoir mounted soon.

Now to mount the reservoir on the motherboard tray cover...

I measured at least 3 times to ensure that I was centered in the appropriate area and that everything lined up behind the tray. In this shot I have tape marking the motherboard corners and fill hole for when the tray is removed for drilling. 

HxRQ6Tp.jpg

I used a step drill bit from Home Depot as this bit gradually increases the hole diameter without stressing the acrylic too much. The hole came out clean and perfect! I used a Bitspower pass-through fitting for connecting the top of the reservoir to provide more stability.

DBr3gJd.jpg

Here is the mounted reservoir all ready for fluid.

mpQf3nm.jpg

I screwed on the Primochill Revolver fittings and tested out the four 5mm LED lights to ensure everything is functional. Can't wait to see it with the waterfall effect!

Fu29KrS.jpg

For the pump I selected the EK D5 X-Top Pump Top w/D5 Vario.

kT7FhuM.jpg

I love how this pump is compact and yet offers increased hydraulic performance (up to 15%) compared to original Laing D5 vario pumps.

w8cPKJt.jpg

The clean design scheme matches perfectly with the other EK water blocks. It is a shame that no one will ever see this pump as it will be on the bottom covered by the mid-plate.

NoMefuQ.jpg

A side shot of the pump. The blue/black/yellow cables will be sleeved before installation.

VbKOrsa.jpg

Here is the pump ready for installation and all wiring sleeved in black MDPC-X material.

E2p4laO.jpg

Finally completed installing all 8 fans in push-pull configuration on the upper radiator and mounting it into the case.

This is a view of the assembly from the top, although no one will see this as the top filter covers it completely.

2BXYwyd.jpg

Here is the view from the interior.

8pYq5lc.jpg

The lower radiator assembly was easier since it involved only 4 fans.

FLGBstb.jpg

Archived