BAWLS - STH10, R5E, 5930K, Copper Tubing

Gary Murphy

Now to complete that motherboard...

All 32GB of the Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 2666Mhz (8x4GB) memory, with the light bar upgrade kits, have been mounted onto the motherboard.

dxvCEp8.jpg

Overall shot of the entire motherboard tray with everything mounted.

3oLLJ0N.jpg

Here is the back of the tray with all those connections!

sJGBmZR.jpg

Close-up of what connectors are offered on the R5E backplate.

ExjVq8r.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With most of the components in place, now to figure out a routing scheme.

Here is my first draft....

MaPs4OM.jpg

The blue loop is for the video cards and the yellow loop is for the CPU.

The upper two 460mm radiators are for the video loop and the lower 560mm radiator is for the CPU.

Here is the first batch of Bitspower and Primochill connectors.

iCofcXG.jpg

Twenty-four Primochill Rigid Revolver compression fittings sure do look good when lined up!

2WqqDea.jpg

Here is a close-up of these beautiful silver fittings.

mt8rcGC.jpg

With each build I try to do something new. The first build used vinyl tubing and the second utilized acrylic tubing. For this build I thought I would try the next step ... copper tubing.

Did a lot of research and it does not sound too difficult.

The 1/2" copper tubing sold in the U.S. does not bend easily, so I went with copper coils that are readily sold in most home improvement stores.

FD4znC2.jpg

The tubing comes in 3/8" ID and 1/2" OD. This is the exact size requirement for the Primochill Revolver fittings. I decided to start with the 10' roll since I know that there will be mistakes due to the learning curve of working with copper. The copper material is pliable and has a nice clean look straight out of the box.

ZEKhx5J.jpg

Since the tubing is coiled, I had to find a way to straighten it to my needs. I found a tool that is made in the UK by a company called Kwix UK. Their tube straightening tool is easy to use and does the job perfectly!

hzwKVNM.jpg

I ordered the 1/2" OD tool. It uses 4 sets of rollers (16 in all) that straighten and align the tubing as it is passed over the length.

kUKyHMr.jpg

In this shot you can see some of the tubing that has been straightened. The tools shown are the Kwix UK tool and a Rigid 36132 1/2" OD tube bender.

c0NC61n.jpg

This is a shot of the first section fitted in place. This is probably the longest section and the most obvious.

dQXzC9e.jpg

Qsc1Ebw.jpg

Alright, I will post just a few photos of the upper tubing.

This is the upper radiator area with two 480 radiators. Plenty of room to work with and everything is fully functional.

KW4EwuM.jpg

Towards the front of the case is where the two reservoirs are located. In this shot you can see the two fill ports and the tubing feeding into each reservoir.

4B7ifbO.jpg

I originally was going to use an EVGA SLI bridge as shown below...

2CR6vfy.jpg

This was nice in that the silver and black matched the interior case theme.

That all changed when I saw the new EVGA SLI V2 bridge..

dTNjLRN.jpg

This new bridge is even more sexy than the original. Now to see what can be done with it.

Like to give a big 'THANKS' to Thermaltake for sending me some of their new Riing fans for this build!

This box left Taiwan Friday morning and arrived this morning at 8:30am.

XMHO9V0.jpg

Fourteen 120mm blue LED fans and six 140mm blue LED fans.

F9uQ9um.jpg

xvXYa9v.jpg

These fans are absolutely amazing!! They run almost silent and the blue ring is spectacular!

In this shot are two 120mm Riing fans (left is default, middle is with the low-noise cable) and on the right is a Cougar 120mm blue LED fan.

o6i1qGe.jpg

The Riing fan lighting is subtle yet highly effective. The cougar fan are too obvious with where the LED lights are while the Riing fans have a more even distribution of lighting.

Archived