NR200P addaptation for RTX 3080

Andrey Bukhtiyarov

Andrey, 

Does the psu draw enough air through the front of the panel? Is that they way you have it facing? It seems like that it may not be pulling in a lot of air that way??

I have read about people mounting it intake inside and exhaust up?

Edited by Kyle T Duffy

Hi Kyle. Thank you for your question.

Yes this was difficult question for me too - how to place PSU here.

I used PSU size SFX. Is only size we can use for this modification. Not SFX-L. SFX size PSU in current PSU holder has space around = 6-7mm on each side. This space is enough for comfort air enter. I selected side to front panel becouse this way the air is cooler in comparison with side to GPU. The GPU area is like a hot room with a hot air circulation. The side to front panel is screened with two cold metal panels - internal holder panel and outer panel. When the air pass through 6mm space he touch big cold metal surfaces this help supply to PSU cooler air (air with less temperature in comparison to direct supply air from hot GPU room).

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

Andrey, 

Have you seen this top mounted aio build? I don't see the necessity to flip the motherboard upside down like they did but the mounting for AIO on top interested me. 

https://imgur.com/a/xJNwgmf

https://imgur.com/gallery/Yx4wI28#K7NAa1w ( this is also mounted similar up top ) but he has no fans?

Id-cooling makes the 92mm fan you have in 120x15mm so that could be used in place of the thicker 25mm aio fans to clear the ram without having to cut the corners off possibly? Did you try mounting the Asus AIO fans in a pull through the top of the NR200 like he did or was that making clearances worse?

I am also wondering about the way they mounted it with the fans in pull on top of the radiator.. Downside with it this way is you don't get to see the rgb unless they were mounted in push like yours but I wonder if using the 120x15mm slim fans would allow the ram clearance needed. Also that fan here https://www.amazon.com/ID-COOLING-NO-12015-XT-ARGB-Thickness-Addressable-Radiator/dp/B08GK85BFL shows lower static pressure but not sure what that would do to cpu temps in this setup

Edited by Kyle T Duffy

Hi Kyle.

As I wrote in my initial post - I completely destroyed case in my first attempt. Tryed to move motherboard 2cm down. But it is impossible without special tools. After this I bought new one case and desided make more calculation and not to do any havy modification. Make modification only if found simple solution. So I found this solution - it looks simple for me. The only difficult thing in it was calculate exact PSU position and cut a bit of metal from metal PSU holder.

About fans height 25mm -> 15mm. Yes this is a good idea. Just take in mind Static Pressure, Air Flow, Speed and fans reaction speed.

Static Pressure is most important becouse this fans not simple move air and also push it through radiator. The results of radiators resistance and sound may be different for different combinations. Normaly basic fans is well ajusted to his radiators in aspects of Static Pressure, side air output and side air compensation, and sound. Static Pressure normaly can be found in fans description, for Asus Strix AIO 240 fans is = 5.0 mmH2O.

Air Flow and Speed participate in temperature output calculation and is important too.

Fans speed reaction is how fast fans can grow speed to react on PWM command when CPU temperature grow. Here is the same - producer ajust well his fans to his radiators. For different fans situation may be different. If this speed is not enough - CPU will shut down PC on overtemperature. This is important for havy cpu loading applications and for overclocking, and not affect cpu when work only on low and middle loadings.

In my experience I only once changed basic fans on other AiO and then returned back basic becouse of worse results inspite of the same characteristics in both fans descriptions. After this case I never change basic fans on AIO.

About fans on top or bottom of radiator. For my modification was no choice. If move fans on top of radiator - radiator not fit over memory. The only solution for me was as I made. But if you use 15mm height fans may be you go to have option for select up or down position of fans on radiator. Of course for both positions the air direction must be to output air from the case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 3:12 AM, Andrey Bukhtiyarov said:

Hello Kyle, thank you for your reply.

1) About size of radiator. Yes you can use H100i AIO. The size of radiator of both AIO is almost the same:
LC240: 272 x 122 x 27 mm
H100i: 277 x 120 x 27 mm

I think any 240mm radiator can fit in this place. Only existing limitation is height. There is no more space to fit higher radiator or higher fan. And pay attention to fans and pump holders. One of fans need to be placed very close to upper pump holder. I cut one fan's holder to fit fans above memory and pump holder. I attach photo to show where to pay attention.

2) About H100i. I used it once in one of my previous builds. H100i was perfect.

3) About leaks. I use many years All-In-One water cooling from different brands like Asus, Gigabyte, Corsair, Coolermaster, Enermax - all work fine, and I never saw any leaks. For me there is no difference between brands. All brands has high quality and good temperature cooling. The only little difference for me is connection type and posibility of PWM on fans. I use overclocking and PWM of all fans to make system silent. Sometimes some AIO has his own management and you need use different software. In my build both Asus MB and Asus AIO work nice together. Is the first time I use it together and I happy how it work. For overclocking and PWM management I use "AI Suite 3" and for lights I use "Armory Crate" (both ASUS software).

exp1.jpg

Hi Andrey,

Cool build there! I'm thinking of using NZXT Z53 240mm AIO with radiator Dimensions: 123 x 275 x 30mm. Do you think height above 27mm is possible at all? I know it is pushing the limitation.

Thanks

Dear Andrey Bukhtiyarov,

I am absolutely in love with this modification and plan to do it on my own NR200P

I just bought a h100i and I am going to try to do the mod that you have exactly but I have a few Questions. 

1. I noticed that you have a black metal mesh at the top of AIO attaching some how to the case. Is this  to serve as a bracket to support the AIO?  is it necessary?

2. I see screws at the top left and right attaching to the mesh but not screws attaching the mesh to the case?

3. If it is necessary, here would you recommend going about acquiring a metal mesh if it is necessary also is it tucked around your case frame.
4. Which tool would you recommend to cut the plastic off the fans and the top bracket?

5. How did you make such clean cuts? Did you sand it after with a metal sander?

Love the Build!

Sincerely,

Anthony Padula

On 12/19/2020 at 10:40 PM, Xing said:

Hi Andrey,

Cool build there! I'm thinking of using NZXT Z53 240mm AIO with radiator Dimensions: 123 x 275 x 30mm. Do you think height above 27mm is possible at all? I know it is pushing the limitation.

Thanks

Hello Xing, thank you for your reply.

3mm difference is insignificant. There is some space between PSU and fans and is exactly 3mm. You can always move parts to find comfort position to compensate this 3mm.

IMG_3992.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, Anthony Padula said:

Dear Andrey Bukhtiyarov,

I am absolutely in love with this modification and plan to do it on my own NR200P

I just bought a h100i and I am going to try to do the mod that you have exactly but I have a few Questions. 

1. I noticed that you have a black metal mesh at the top of AIO attaching some how to the case. Is this  to serve as a bracket to support the AIO?  is it necessary?

2. I see screws at the top left and right attaching to the mesh but not screws attaching the mesh to the case?

3. If it is necessary, here would you recommend going about acquiring a metal mesh if it is necessary also is it tucked around your case frame.
4. Which tool would you recommend to cut the plastic off the fans and the top bracket?

5. How did you make such clean cuts? Did you sand it after with a metal sander?

Love the Build!

Sincerely,

Anthony Padula

Hello Anthony Padula, thank you for your reply.
Here is the answers:

1. This is cutted metal pci slot caps from old pc case. I used them becouse it was the easest way to fix AiO in this place. (See more detailed images). Without this - AiO's position is unstable. With use of this metal thing - AiO is strongly fixed.

2. Not sure - I undestand question. I try to answer. I fixed raditor by pci slot caps from one side and by two screws from other. And also radiator is fixed by two screws from fans on the glass side. For me it was enough - radiator is completly moveless.

3. No, not necessary. I not used a metal mesh around my case frame.

4. All tools I used in this modification is on the image on one of the previous posts. I cut plastic and metal with first (white); remove metal with second (red); and finaly make edges more accurate with third (blue).

5. No, just cut with first, and then finish with third tools. It was not fast, took some time.

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

• Like 1