Project PRISM_YW3 by Yiwv

Yiwv

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad to see how the parts are arriving. It's amazing to feel that this project is making progress. The RAM will arrive next week and in two more weeks the fans and the material for the sleeving will arrive as well, I'm getting stressed because I don't know exactly which Graphics Card should I buy and if I have enough time to build the Mod when I finally have all the parts. Maybe I can catch something on BlackFriday for the GPU. For the CPU I'll use my Ryzen 3400g that I already use in my DeskMini and save some bucks.

THE CAD

These last weeks I've been working and catching errors in the CAD design, now that I have some parts and I can touch them and meassure them, it's easier for me to imagine the design and think the right place for every part. This week I'll be sharing some renders with the new changes.

612088789_Render1.thumb.PNG.e9132ee1ef44e4981dbb40cc81e167d8.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

THE LOGISTICS

Last week I was very full with work so I didn't make any significant progress to the CAD. I'm very confident that the next changes will be the last ones and after that, the aluminum will be ready to be sent to the CNC.

When it comes to timings, the courier company will not work passed December 11, after that every package that I need to buy in the US, will arrive next year to Venezuela. So I need to hurry.

This week will arrive the fans and the material for the sleeving, next week the Motherboard and hopefully in two weeks the GPU and some extras.

Once I buy everything, I will be able to spend money on the cut and other items/things

• 2 weeks later...

THE STRESS

So I bought an RX 5700 XT Gaming X from MSI last Sunday hoping it'll arrive early to Miami. BUT the card is in California and following UPS instructions, it will arrive to Miami on Monday 30th. My concern is that maybe the shipping company USA - VE will have the warehouse full of packages from other people taking advantage of the Black Friday Deals and that potentially will delay other packages (like mine :c).

This is how the shipping company works: You buy something and send it to the company's warehouse, then in 1-3 business days the company processes the package and uploads it to the system. They send an email that says "Hey bro, we have your package here in Miami lol" and you say "Great, send it!". When they have your answer, they will assign the package to a plane that leaves on Friday and one week later you have the package in your city ready to pickup.

When they have the warehouse full, they could have delays processing the packages. Even one week to process the package. The last plane of the year leaves on Firday 11th 

image.png.bee2b119bfa309b655461c81d4b0e796.png

Very close to the last Plane.

JUST TESTING

When I bought the watercooling parts, I bought two CPU waterblocks, one for the CPU and the other I'm planing to adapt it to the GPU. 

image.thumb.png.9a254b225f119625a53e8e6f4ac856a5.png

So I took it apart to have the bracket's meassurements and build my own.

image.thumb.png.e5ce24b470bae2f5c6fd3d4be404050a.pngimage.thumb.png.6d8309f2d7d932da85b99e8c420703a9.png

image.thumb.png.ecd5b45e01b73786def6995590bdade0.png

Also I was identifying the LED pins, These waterblock uses the same 5v 3pin LEDs but the connector is unknown for me. In the strip you can see the names of the pins. So I tested it and the rgb works like a common rgb strip. My plan was to make and adaptor to a normal 3pin connector...

It all changed when I tested the led again and then burned it

image.thumb.png.0975278dc87e8a228059d3e8146e8f1b.png

The funniest thing is that only one LED survived haahahhah

Now I need a replacement for that 😕

THE GPU PLAN

I want to try something like an air tunnel for the GPU. I need to cool the GDDR6 and the VRM because the waterblock will only cool the GPU die. I want to use those southbridge heatsinks for the VRAM and VRM. The plan is to make a little case and take advantage of the airflow, let the air enter from bottom and exit through the top of the card like in this beatiful draw.

image.png.c33f3e05efdf3da0a4686322771513e4.png

But that's just a sketch, and I will sketch better in CAD with a PCB photo that I found in guru3D. I have to wait for the graphics card to take the meassurements :(

Archived