Jean R built - Da Module Thingy (Not sponsored, Handmade, it's the first time for me at CMWS)

Jean R built

I'm upgrading my workbench,  I'm going to record the crafting process of my future projects, obviously with some new and some scrap wood planks.

The white plank for example has almost 20 years, and survived a couple of small flood in my garage in the last years, It helped me in the past as makeshift table, I've cut away the bad parts and I'll use the good section to expand the left side of my workbench, so I can work with more space on the right side of it.

You have to start from somewhere with what you have 🛠️.

50541683423_6994131b2c_c.jpg.cc3c2ed7e40a9a6be875beba9b993f43.jpg

Now I have an anvil too, it's slightly bigger than one my hammers :smilebox:, but it's too cute and will prove useful I'm sure.

I'll post a shot of the vise I've used when building Da Module Thingy, the poor lad cracked in half when crafting the outer shells :sad11:, now there is a new one in place 😎

If all goes well I should be able to start working on Leetfoot by Friday :toothy7:

Cheers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted the structure to be strong, so I choose some thick aluminium for the project.

Well the 10 mm aluminium wanted to let me know that I need to show it some respect :toothy10:...

I understimated how strong it is, I have neighbors, and even if I wanted to hammer it down to shape, I would make too much noise.

I even gave a try to a strange experimentation with an hydraulic car jack, so sneaky :ph34r:, but it's better not to talk about it :toothy7:.

So I choose to follow the old school path and I'm thinning the bars with some V cuts on the bending points, by doing this I'm going to be able to bend it to shape with some hammer blows on the anvil.

The bended parts are going to be sandwiched between the 2 plates in the mid part of the foot, the sheet to craft those parts is 4 mm thick, so I don't really need the full strength of the 10 mm near the bends.

Not considering the stop & go caused by the bending issues, I made some progresses anyway and I have cut a lot of the parts to length

576082922_Leetfoot0001.jpg.91a7ff0a7badcef0446c5f0d477b9dda.jpg

116586555_Leetfoot0002.jpg.d817b7690ee747e85e4d97a62e8597f5.jpg

Cheers

Archived