Wooden Desk with PC Drawer in Oak

MA Modified

Hi, my name is Mads Alexander i live in Denmark, and I'll be making an innovative PC drawer in beautiful oak wood.

This build has been in the design phase for a year now, so I'm very excited to finally start production!

Join me on my adventure to make the first fully functioning PC Drawer. :) 

Assembly PC Skrivebord HIGH RENDER EDITED.jpg

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About 80 % dont with the woodwork. But the best part is yet to come.. ASSEMBLY! :D

The metal brackets you see under the desk is two "T" steel beams that is helping to remove some of the tension in the wood.

The aluminium USB cover is a prototype. 

Overall im very pleased with the build so far, and looking forward to completing it soon. 

Feel free to ask any questions you might have. ;) 

- MA Modified

128860665_495754524722737_3484011249009092719_n.jpg

129386760_411441433546260_2240558591332717417_n.jpg

129480840_398752804579967_8365381042549035042_n.jpg

129483130_485073959128747_16218244306029354_n.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Final sanding, oiling and assembly.

The hole rear end of the drawer actually split in two during assembly of the drawer. Managed to glue it back together afterwards tho, so we are all good! :D

99 % percent done with the woodworking part of the build.

Pc installation is going to be so satisfying haha.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

- MA Modified 

123.JPG

1234.JPG

12345.JPG

123456.JPG

1234567.JPG

12345678.JPG

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

Ladies & Gentlemen. Can we make it in time? I sure hope so! :D

Final assembly has happened, and it looks stunning!! 

Here you so the polycarbonate sheet getting installed and sealed with silicone. 

The drawer getting assembled, sanded down, sprayed with cleaner to get the wood ready for oil. The oil i use is Rubio Monocoat Pure 2C, which is a  two-component hardening oil.

Lastly i fitted the support bracket in the right place and made sure everything was running smoothly. 

Still testing a lot of smaller things before we can begin installing the PC. 

But there is much more awesome to come! It's the final countdown! 

MA Modified 

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. EK Water Blocks didn't deliver my fittings and waterblocks on time. . . .  So i unfortunately can't make it. :( I have been working my :) off for months on end, and now I'm a few days delayed because of delivery issues due to the pandemic.

If possible, I'll keep working, posting and finishing, even if I'm not in the competition any more.

If I'm out, I completely understand! But i really hope i could get some kind of extension. This issue is only because of the pandemic and because deliveries are insane at the moment. 

What a nightmare haha, I'm so sad. 😅

- MA Modified 

Just a few more days left and it's done! Waiting for a few more parts to arrive (delayed by a month due to Covid)... 

Notice only two diagonal holes connects to the radiator for easy removal and maintenance.

Pass through fittings with soft tubing to reposition the hardtubing which is gonna line up with the reservoir. The idea here is to make a sort of reservoir out of hardtubing. It prevents air bubbles from being formed, which would happen if it was a regular cylinder.

Front USB cover has been polished and is now installed. 

Doing a foto shoot on monday so it'll be done by then and final pictures coming. :D:D

- MA Modified

SDADSADW.jpg

SDAWSDW.jpg

SADWAS.jpg

SADWASDW.jpg

SDAWASD.jpg

SDAW.jpg

SDAWAS.jpg

SDWADASD.jpg

ADWASDWA.jpg

SDAWASDW.jpg

ASDWDAS.jpg

DSADW.jpg

Well, im way overdue.. But what can you do when parts never arrive. 😅

Nevertheless, here it is!!!

I'm very proud to present to you The Wooden Desk PC Drawer:

- Passiv air intake through the bottom of the drawer.

- The bottom is made of 2 layers:

• 1st layer is where the MB is located on top.
  • 2nd layer has the dustfilter attached and is removable for easy accesse to cable management.

- The radiator is an X flow rad which prevents airbubbles from being trapped and making noise. 

- The Pump/Res combo unit is lowered through the 1st bottom, with just the right height to stay clear of the tabel. 

- PSU is from CoolerMaster and is flipped on it's head to allow the cable to disappear into the cable room. 

- On the wall dividing the two rooms i've mounted a GPU support bracket to prevent the card from sagging.

- The MB standoffs are 20mm in height to allow cables to flow underneath. Giving the build a clean look and cooling of the MB.

- On the back of the drawer i've glued a silicone membrane into the hole for cables to exit. This is to prevent hot air leaving the rad from being sucked back into the system. 

- In a drawer it's hard to use a reservoir for display purposes, this is because a reservoir mounted horizontally traps air bubbles in the top part. Instead of a "normal reservoir" i've used hard tubing to make my own on the right side of the drawer where no bubble are trapped. It's connected underneath with soft tubing. 

- 4mm holes are drilled for handmade cable sleeving to exit the bottom and attach seamlessly with the MB, matching the Black/Silver theme.

- And ofc. a THICK 60mm Rad. from Alphacool to cool everything down and mitigate the heat. Paired with High performance fans from Noiseblocker. 

Specs:

- Asus 570X -E
- Ryzen 7 5800x
- Radeon RX 6800 XT
- TridentZ Neo 4x8 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz CL-16-18-18-38
- 1 TB NvMe
- 2 TB SSD
- 3 x Noiseblocker eLoop B12-PS Fans
- Cooler Master SFX 650V
- Pump/Res combo from Swiftech
- Triple Rad. 60mm from Alphacool
- Handmade Cabel Sleeving