📅DEADLINE EXTENTION?

Ann Ann

Hi CMWSers,

The year 2020 has really been a testing year for a lot of us, and this is why we originally postponed the event which normally starts around Feb-May time and started it in September this year.

We could never have predicted the pandemic to affect us all for so long, and whilst some people have been able to cope with the new normal, it has come to our attention that for a lot of others, making a mod during lockdown and in the pandemic hasn't been as smooth as before.

With many countries in the US and EU being under lockdown, we are considering postponing CMWS20 deadline which was originally set for January 14, 2021.

I would like everyone's input to know how much of a deadline would realistically help and we will make the final announcement of new deadline extention date next week.

Please comment below on your suggestion before Dec 7, 2020.

Thanks a lot!

Ann Ann from the Cooler Master Team!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

Hey Ann hope all has been well,  I think a deadline extension would be good.

Shipping on materials and everything takes so long at the moment.

And I’m sure people have had issues getting components right now with the scalpers.

Could do maybe a 15-20 day extension I think would be awesome.

• Like 1

A deadline extension would be great..

In my case, due to restrictions, I can't even work at the workshop (it was closed to limit people meeting each other) and it doesn't seem it will opened anytime soon.

Personally, I'm planning to participate in CMWS 2021 since I haven't started the case mod yet (workshop was closed down in October and I only managed build the PC from pre-bought parts before that).

Personally.. An extension isn't needed. 

The current pandemic isn't going away any time soon. 

An extra month wouldn't change anything. Things are as tough now as they were long before the cmws20 started.  

If anything, its going to get worse because of christmas time, families meeting etc. 

Some people will always want more time, some people were prepared and are finished or just getting finished.

That said, if most people need extra time, then so be it. Doesn't hurt anyone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig Ferrie said:

Personally.. An extension isn't needed. 

The current pandemic isn't going away any time soon. 

An extra month wouldn't change anything. Things are as tough now as they were long before the cmws20 started.  

If anything, its going to get worse because of christmas time, families meeting etc. 

Some people will always want more time, some people were prepared and are finished or just getting finished.

That said, if most people need extra time, then so be it. Doesn't hurt anyone. 

I think the same to be honest. But for example, I have two secondary projects to enter other than my main entry A.R.E.S., and an extra month would help me with those since I haven't even started working on them. So I figure a lot of people would be in the same situation as I am with the secondary entries, with their main one. It's true though that material prices, hardware availability and all that probably won't change in the matter of a month, let alone two weeks. Still, as you said, more time doesn't hurt anyone and, if anything, it gives more opportunities to a lot of people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1