📅DEADLINE EXTENTION?

Ann Ann

The current pandemic isn't going away any time soon. An extension is needed. 

An extra month wouldn't change anything. Things are as tough now as they were long before the cmws20 started.  

If anything, its going to get worse because of christmas time, families meeting etc. 

Some people will always want more time, some people were prepared and are finished or just getting finished. !!!

• Upvote 1

Good morning,
In my opinion it's not fair to change again the date of CMWS because of problems caused by Covid19.
I started to work on my project in November 2019 because I give a lot of importance at this event.
My brand invested in my project with competitive materials and they spent money on it and I think  it's right also for them to respect the date.
I worked hard to respect the date and I hope it will not change. 
Best regards.

Hi, a deadline extention would be great.

This are strange times with the worldwide covid-19 pandemic lots of people have their projects delayed, me included, and a month or two more would be well apreciatted by presenting more projects for the competition.

Thanks for the initiative and stay safe.

Improvise, overcome, adapt. 

When you can't get materials, find different materials! And if it screws with your theme, start a new one. 

Extend the deadline... Why not. 

I personally know my deadline is Christmas Eve, because that leaves me time to spend with my family, so an extension late in the game really doesn't affect me. 

• Like 2

It seems to me that if you are having issues due to COVID, those issues will not go away in a few weeks or a month.

I would venture to guess that likely the people that would like the extension are not done yet for various reasons, not necessarily due to COVID or material sourcing issues.

Just curious what people’s reasons are for wanting the extension. I hope this is not taken the wrong way, I think it’s great that CM is considering this, just wanted to see if the folks wanting an extension are requesting it for the reason that CM is considering it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tpbmods said:

Improvise, overcome, adapt. 

When you can't get materials, find different materials! And if it screws with your theme, start a new one. 

Extend the deadline... Why not. 

I personally know my deadline is Christmas Eve, because that leaves me time to spend with my family, so an extension late in the game really doesn't affect me. 

I agree with this post! I too am setting  a hard deadline to finish before the holidays are here. We changed the nature of our build to accomplish this. That said, I'm fine with an extension if a majority need it :D I know my situation won't be the same for others and vice versa.

• Like 1

I think an extension is fine.. It gives people more time to finish their projects, and if some people are already finished, then they have a chance to make theirs even better, or maybe create another entry for different category! :)

• Like 1