Voting system errors :/

Maurycio Gyovanni

Question

A long-awaited period is the voting system where we can share to our friends and ask for votes in our work, this year the system is extremely bad and many are reporting an error message: Be it a message that they have already made the vote or they or shares that fall on other competitors' pages.

I would very much like to believe that there will be no voting fraud and that the system really works, talking to some colleagues who are also participating are reporting similar errors or inability to vote because they "already voted".

Capturar.JPG

Capturar1.JPG

10 answers to this question

Regarding the IP Address Error:

Not sure there is anything you can do about the voting error, if someone already voted from your location. Try using a different network, if you are at home try at work, if you are at work try at home, try voting on your phone without wifi, or try using a public wifi. You just need to be connected to a different network.

Regarding the links going to the wrong project:

I did also notice that my link when used in social media, facebook specifically, lands people on someone else's entry page and not mine, which is very frustrating. 

1 hour ago, retro PC mods said:

I have the same problem. And when testing with other people's links, the same thing happens. And they always lead to the same project.

Link from Facebook (open another project) - https://community.coolermaster.com/cmws/cmws-vote/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=4336&fbclid=IwAR25k_QuwRGvhexkN45joamE58kw6vYyTH1MtEQjks6FIKcDatoz5oVbNVw
Link to my project (work) - https://community.coolermaster.com/cmws/cmws-vote/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=4336

3 hours ago, retro PC mods said:

Regarding the IP Address Error:

Not sure there is anything you can do about the voting error, if someone already voted from your location. Try using a different network, if you are at home try at work, if you are at work try at home, try voting on your phone without wifi, or try using a public wifi. You just need to be connected to a different network.

Regarding the links going to the wrong project:

I did also notice that my link when used in social media, facebook specifically, lands people on someone else's entry page and not mine, which is very frustrating. 

No, it happens that the person tries for the first time and it appears that they voted, since no one at the address voted before, more than two friends complaining about the error but I have a lot more here saying that they didnt succeed. Sad

In my case, my friends reported, in addition to the redirection problem, the problem of the voting success page with a security message.

For the link problem, mainly on Facebook, URL parameters are added to the link, redirecting people to links of different projects.

Follows images with the reported errors.

erro2.thumb.jpg.b4fdc8e0208d18efd3f6a29fde612514.jpg

erro1.thumb.jpg.0ab9e001cc2ed2d8a1ba57945317b478.jpg

Hello.
I report the same problems.

When the person will vote , and click so on the link of my Casemod, opens another project, and always the same project for everyone. Sometimes it changes to another, but never mine.

Another problem, the person will vote for the first time, and pops up the message that the same IP has already been used, which has already made its vote, but happens ,even using Wifi , or Network, or whatever .
Many reports of these problems.

148104683_3999645996746378_1320534900592001297_o.jpg

149158625_3557208337721053_8096719171986057992_n.jpg

The image:

"Hey, why did I catch this error? It's the first time I vote 😮"

My Answer: " Vitor Lima's voting system sucks, unfortunately. Everyone is suffering from similar mistakes even if it is their first turn, only go back to vote or insist who is a real friend. Patience, I did what I could, this is the last time I participate. "

Constant error from this ip have already voted was reported by many friends, I gave up asking for votes, it's sad. We like to publicize our projects but it is the WORST VOTE SYSTEM OF EVERY YEAR.
Nobody tried to fix the mistakes, it's my last year of participation and ending this way is terrible.
Only those who are really friends come back to vote, otherwise the first mistake - whatever it may be - give up, so I lost so many votes and got discouraged.

Capturar.jpg

Hi Guys, 

FIrstly, we are very sorry about the voting system this year, we have been trying to fix this for the past 2 weeks however, as it's a 3rd party plugin we had to do a lot of discussion with the developers who were VERY slow to reply and they often had some problems replicating the problem which makes it hard for them to find the bug to fix.  It seems to happen to people in certain regions more and also using different platforms, Facebook on mobile it seems to create this problem the most.

The IP issue should be fixed now if you want to try it with the friends who were getting this error message and because of this issue I will extend public voting by a week so that those who were not able to vote can now vote, and I'd suggest you can link to the overall voting page and ask them to find your project or copy the link and paste it on a browser rather than directly through the Facebook app (to avoid the re-directing issue)

I hope it helps to inform you that, the public voting does not count towards the score for your project, it is a giveaway for people to guess who might win, and if they guessed correctly they will be entered into a prize draw to win PC prizes.

So this will not affect the score of your project, as public voting should be not be considered a way to judge a Modder's hard work.

The new deadline for voting will now be Feb 26 

Thanks,

Annie

Archived