Retro Rust (completed)

ApocPony

A round of test fitting I actually managed to fit two 120mm AIO liquid coolers the H80 rad is just too cumbersome, and the tubing is way too stiff, I managed to get everything in including the water-cooled GPU and got it to post with no issue. That being said there was so much pressure on the GPU backplate I chose to pull it all out and order A 25mm radiator as 50mm is just too big.

IMG_5826.JPG

IMG_5829.JPG

IMG_5830.JPG

Still some cable management to do, I also need to oil the wooden accents, and naturally add more wood to the innards to tidy it all up. I'm currently contemplating 3d print a new top panel and wrapping it in leather but for now I have some breathing room. So, some pictures to enjoy the current progress.

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5880.jpg

My wood panels finally arrived so I could get down to cutting the case panels! This took 3 iterations before I had the measurements precise. The final panel has been cut from Cherry wood to match the GPU shroud and finished with Danish oil, now to 3d print some tabs that it can be fixed to the front panel. 

IMG_5898.JPG

IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

After oiling the panel, I realised that cherry wood is just to light in contrast to the rust so I've tried a mahogany stain, I still have some apple wood that may suit the orange tones a bit more but I'm honestly on the fence as to whether I use the wood at all, time will tell......

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• ApocPony changed the title to Retro Rust (completed)