Project: Cosmod

_ferry_

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

full.jpg

full.jpg

Special pics for Maxession ;) this acrylic part will be used the top fitting. Gave it a nice finish with this diamond shape, and polished the edges

full.jpg

Time for closing the reservoir, i was planning to add a propeller as flow indicator. But that means i had to build a prototype to be sure the propeller would really rotate when the pump is on. Extra time, and i wasn't really feeling like it would be a great addition to this mod.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Grrrrr, when the glue is drying there (don't really know how to explain in English) comes gasses which solves the acryl. Good thing when gluing (since it's like welding, the junction is just as strong as the acrylic itself). But it's bad when the reservoir is closed, because the surface contains thousands of very small cracks now. Only cisible with macro mode and a lot of direct light.

Good thing is that you won't see this in the final product, since the acrylic will get a frosted look. Makes the lights turn out better.

full.jpg

The pump, the acrylic cover says "i want to bee seen!!" Okay, lets cut a hole for him, gives him the flow indicator function as well :)

full.jpg

Done :)

Well Done !!!

i like a lot your mod looks like CM Genuine products ;)

cant wait to see the Final Mod

So Keep On Modding !!

Thanks, maybe people at CeBIT will think this is going to be the new Cosmos. Since it has multiple cosmos/cooler master logo's (more to come). that will make it look like a genuine product i guess.

I've heard that last year people were discussing about my i-spider case. they were thinking it was a new stacker design. Guess they didn't know what casemodding is ;)

Anyway, got the reservoir finished:

full.jpg

First, the alu sheet which covers up the reservoir at the inside. I was thinking about a level indicator. And so i made one.

full.jpg

full.jpg

After milling out the indicator, and engraving those small letters (about the same size of the ones at my keyboard). The milled edges were waiting for some sandpaper to finish them.

full.jpg

Time to get the dimensions of the other sheet right, to fit exactly on the reservoir. Hose connectors are done as well.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Look! :D

I like the mix of blue and green (both at 100% now) Looks like water and the cooler master color if i put a little less blue in it.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

And for those who prefer red or green... Red ain't so bright. but it's okay to mix it up with green & blue.

full.jpg

Testfit.

full.jpg

Level indicator will be something like this. I couldn't get a better shot, since the hose was blocking the aluminum sheet.

full.jpg

Even the plastic body still fits the way it should. very thight to the reservoir :) The acryl mounting point on the left will be covered up with aluminum as well.

full.jpg

I think you guys still remember this part, the aluminium cover, it still needs a grill, and a fan offcourse. Fan will be mounted next to the HDD's and exhaust his air through the grill i'll be making in this update. Maybe i'll add a second fan, since there's room for it. (but maybe no good airflow)

full.jpg

I started with a acrylic part. Both shape and material style are made to fit the cosmos design.

full.jpg

I printed a coolermaster logo and cut it out on the acrylic. Other sponsors (corsair, sapphire, ac ryan) will get their share as well, i think a good spot is the space next to the pump.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Looking good so far, center of the "O" is not open etc. and lines are not very straight yet, but i'm far from finish.

full.jpg

Time to add some mesh, i asked boddaker if he tried to bend it in shape, he didn't so i did, and it was really easy! I was able to get a good shape just by pressing it with my fingers. To get the bend a little bit further i used a hammer.... No, just a plastic grip to hit it with care, otherwise the metal will break.

full.jpg

After bending it into shape

full.jpg

Offcourse the aluminum cap needs some cutouts as well.

full.jpg

I rounded and polished the edges of the acrylic. Mounting it will be done with 6 screws. They end just beneath the top of the acryl, just to make the screws less visible.

full.jpg

Too bad 1 hole went too deep, 5 of the holes turned out fine, this one didn't. Well, i can live with it. Hard to see when it's done. I can try to fill it up, but when it fails i've got a bigger problem

full.jpg

The aluminium was cut on this picture, but the edges are unfinished, the tape hides it a bit, but lot of sanding has to be done.

full.jpg

A black marker works fine for finishing the edges. I tried paint, but it takes more time, sticks worser and has the same result.

full.jpg

While test-fitting the mesh i found out that it's a bit too small for mounting it. Got enough of the mesh stuff, so i made a new one.

Done, time for eyecandy :P

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Some people were asking what the white stuff in the logo is. It's cocain.. No just kidding, it's because of the milling procces. A electric toothbrush removed most of it, but i should figure out how to flame polish it to remove it. I tried some flamepolishing on a test piece, but it didn't work well. But i've got another (smaller) torch so lets see if that one does the trick.

Wow, 'bulging' the Mesh through the plexi frame looks really good! And rounding the edges of the plexi-plate? Inspired professionalism! It looks like a genuine CM product!

Superior Excellence, Ferry!

Be Well!

Fireheart

I'd better shut up now, or I may run out of exclamation points. :)

Yeah, very nice, you've done those letters pretty good, guess the hole of the A must have been pretty hard. And yes the rounding of the edges is very sleek, nice job on that.

Also, for that white stuff, I heard people using really hot water(won't remove everything tho) or just a soldering tool(but you must be very careful!), you should try it out maybe. (on some piece of left over or so)

Archived