Project: ATCS 840

coolmiester

Perhaps if you expand on the mounting brackets, to create a full 'shroud' for the fans/radiator? You might be able to get the right distance with some short Motherboard stand-offs? Then some thin aluminum strips could be bent to form the shroud?

I have no idea if it makes any difference, but the fans might be happier, and more effective, if you use their whole 'surface' to move the air?

Be Well!

Fireheart

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, a bit more testing is in order to see what the best set-up is for the 360 rad in terms of noise and air flow.

Anyway, managed to sneak a bit of time this afternoon to de-rivet the entire chassis to make it easier for working on and anodising or powder coating......still haven't made my mind up on which to go for yet.

Chopped out a bit of the hard drive cage to allow for the GTX240 rad to be mounted to the base then used one of our silver honeycomb grills for a template to mark out what needs removing from the base section.

I'll have to make a decision on colour and by what method pretty soon but a quick mock up shows how it will look.

I'm happy with that!

atc_14.jpg

atc_15.jpg

atc_16.jpg

atc_17.jpg

atc_18.jpg

Very interesting!!!

Do you have the dimensions of the area available for the radiator on top? I am curious what will fit? Have you fabricated a custom shroud yet? Would you like an technical drawing for one (I do need some final dimensions)>

Thanks,

David

Not much of an update at all tbh but never-the-less i got a few pictures of the chassis back from powder coaters in satin black.

I also spoke to Willie at HWLabs earlier in the week who is going to pull all the stops and try to get me a custom GTX360 X-Flow radiator for the top as i find that its much easier to route hoses and it gives an overall much cleaner look so massive thanks the Willie for that 8)

......i just got to work out how to put this oversized jig-saw back together :?

atc_20.jpg

atc_21.jpg

atc_22.jpg

atc_23.jpg

Still waiting on a few bits so i can start the exterior so thought i'd put the chassis back together and i got to say its looking real nice and can't wait to start filling it full of new hardware.

As you can see, to fit the HWLabs GTX240, i had to remove part of the hard drive caddy so it can only take three now but then that's never bothered me in the past.

Also nice to see CM go with the black quick release buttons on this as they fit in much better with the colour scheme.

Man, i just love starting with a blank canvas like this....

atc_31.jpg

atc_26.jpg

atc_27.jpg

atc_28.jpg

atc_29.jpg

atc_30.jpg

Black is beautiful, CM!

You know, it occurs to me that, if you had just one more Centimeter of width, you could put TWO 3x120 Rads in front of those 230s... Or... Dude, you could Totally stack 4x2x90 rads in that space and gang them together however you wanted! Err, not sure how Efficient/Effective that would be, though.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Well, i know the colour scheme now - or at least for the time being anyway :lol:

I'm quite happy tbh as its very similar to Skulltrail and if all else fails at least i'll have a couple of nice matching bookends if nothing else..............but man this poor little board looks lost in this case.

Actually, not much of an update but at least i can relax now and enjoy Christmas :)

Having said that, i need blocks - any suggestions??

atc_32.jpg

atc_33.jpg

atc_34.jpg

atc_35.jpg

atc_36.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

VENTS - well it wouldn't be the same without vents but this time around they go in over rather than sticking out.

I figured the ATCs chassis was wide enough without sticky out vents so went for these which will eventually be stuck in place then filler to smooth the rim so they are seamless but before that, both panels will be powder coated and wet sanded to give a good base for primer and paint.

I also have a new sponsor by the name of OCZ which i'm over the moon with tbh and are supplying 6GB of PC3-10666 triple-channel memory and couple of 60GB 2.5 Solid State Drives so a massive thanks to OCZ 8)

ocz_logo.jpg

atc_37.jpg

atc_38.jpg

atc_40.jpg

atc_41.jpg

atc_42.jpg

atc_43.jpg

atc_44.jpg

atc_45.jpg

atc_47.jpg

atc_48.jpg

OCZ came good with their sponsorship promise this morning when UPS dropped off two OCZ Core Series V2 SATA II 2.5" SSD and 3x2GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Platinum Low-Voltage Triple Channel which was very nice of them indeed and mucho appreciated so thank you OCZ for what will hopefully be the first of many.

Anyway, all the rest of the chassis is at powder coat so with any luck there should be a bit more progress tomorrow ;)

atc_49.jpg

atc_50.jpg

atc_51.jpg

OCZ came good with their sponsorship promise this morning when UPS dropped off two OCZ Core Series V2 SATA II 2.5" SSD and 3x2GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Platinum Low-Voltage Triple Channel which was very nice of them indeed and mucho appreciated so thank you OCZ for what will hopefully be the first of many.

Anyway, all the rest of the chassis is at powder coat so with any luck there should be a bit more progress tomorrow :wink:

atc_49.jpg

atc_50.jpg

atc_51.jpg

Archived