Big Boy by Mpovh - 2009 Mod Contest Entry - COMPLETED page 1

Mpovh

Sorry to mention it, but it really is hard to follow your project with all that is happening with Imageshack. May I suggest a different host for images so that you get the service you deserve (even if free, it should be functional) and not let this mess up your worklog. From what I see, your mod is not so conservative as I had imagined at the beginning. Kudos!

I always host images on imageshack, but is not so good way. what another host which you suggest? so, I can host the photos again :P

Sorry, did not understand very well on the conservative :oops:

Photobucket is a great free service for images & video.

You can upgrade by paying for the service but in all honesty I have used their free hosting for over 5 years now & never had a single problem with them.

I have a few webistes, so I have other ways to 'store' & show pictures on the internet, but at the end of the day Photobucket is just so much quicker, easier & reliable.

Take a look at what they offer for free, I think you will find them to be on par with or even slightly better than Imageshack.

Hope that helps you out.

Dr. T

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I agree with the Dr., I use Photobucket without a hitch. Others in my forum also suggest Flikr.

What I meant by "conservative" is that at the beginning I had no idea toward where you mod was going and yes, at first look it looked "conservative" but as your worklog develops, I see you are going further and further toward your own design which I consider pretty "daring and different". All good for the contest. At my forum there are a lot of "assembly" mods (buying stuff and screwing them in) which I have a hard time telling my mates that that is not real modding and one or 2 color schemes are very common, even if carried out as if done by pros.

I try to guide my fellow modders along the path of The Modding Triad" philosophy of ARTbyTROY (Fryfogle). I don't know if you have read it, but if you wish to: http://www.casemodgod.com/Articles/modding_triad.htm

Thus my use of the words: Stock Mods, Object Mods and Scratch Mods by me.

Greets

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mpvoh, I hope you are not trying to upload at once everything for the last 10 days. That would really be good amount of homework to chew through! Hope everything is going as planned and we miss your updates.

Cheers

Hello guys ;D Firstly sorry for the delay, I was traveling :brilsmurf: Now I'm putting the photos on photobucket..

For 3 days without stopping, I modified the case, and took many photos, so I will divide it into stages.

7" LCD

First, my cousin and I created an extension for the LCD flat cables.. its hard job :shock:

DSC04439.jpg

DSC04449.jpg

DSC04450.jpg

DSC04451.jpg

dsc04464r.jpg

dsc04473.jpg

dsc04472.jpg

PSU MOD

After, my cousin start a sleeving in psu

DSC04503.jpg

DSC04504.jpg

finished the sleeve, I cut and remove all paint, then I had an idea, I cut a box of a cooldrive 5 to remove the logo of the cooler master..

DSC04625.jpg

DSC04626.jpg

DSC04627.jpg

DSC04628.jpg

DSC04629.jpg

DSC04647.jpg

DSC04653.jpg

DSC04654.jpg

Fans Sleeving

I sleeved the CM blue ice fan and a Cooler Master 80mm led fan

DSC04485.jpg

DSC04481.jpg

DSC04486.jpg

DSC04489.jpg

Acrilic Suports

Im finished the acrilic suports

DSC04491.jpg

DSC04501.jpg

DSC04509.jpg

DSC04512.jpg

DSC04514.jpg

DSC04516.jpg

Chassi Paint

After the end of suports, I did a painting of the chassis

DSC04517.jpg

DSC04518.jpg

DSC04519.jpg

DSC04520.jpg

DSC04522.jpg

DSC04525.jpg

DSC04528.jpg

Mounting

DSC04531.jpg

DSC04534.jpg

DSC04535.jpg

DSC04536.jpg

To be discreet, I used small rivets

DSC04537.jpg

DSC04539.jpg

Finished

DSC04542.jpg

DSC04552.jpg

Acessories

Neon bars and CM reator

DSC04571.jpg

DSC04575.jpg

Slot Protector

DSC04573.jpg

DSC04576.jpg

Musketeer 2 Painted

DSC04580.jpg

Mounted to test

DSC04633.jpg

DSC04634.jpg

DSC04635.jpg

DSC04636.jpg

More mods on musketeer 2

I have moded the vu in and vu out

DSC04639.jpg

DSC04640.jpg

DSC04643.jpg

Finishing

DSC04649.jpg

DSC04657.jpg

DSC04663.jpg

DSC04664.jpg

DSC04665.jpg

Sleeving Neon Bars

DSC04672.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

Wouuul.. Its Only kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

bye ;D

EDIT: the only thing I don't liked was the mod in the PSU, so I will redo it soon

Well, first of all, good to see you back, but you came back with a bunch of photos and it took me a while to see through all of them. It would help if you post more often so as not to accumulate so much info. Thank goodness you changed to PhotoBucket because it takes forever for the Imageshack photos to load which slows down access to your log.

Anyways, good progress and looks impressive!

Cheers

P.D. Have you heard of vmodding and his project?

• 2 weeks later...

Mpovh, your finish looks a lot like the honeycomb shading done in coolermeisters Zotac mod. Did you do it or did you sub-contract it to someone else? It looks very good BTW in any case and of course your case is totally different.

Finished photos, please!

Saludos/Cheers

Mpovh, your finish looks a lot like the honeycomb shading done in coolermeisters Zotac mod. Did you do it or did you sub-contract it to someone else? It looks very good BTW in any case and of course your case is totally different.

Finished photos, please!

Saludos/Cheers

Heeey Papang..

Yes, the idea of the hive is very similar, but has nothing to do with the casemod of the coolmister, see the photo of the painting finished :cheers:

DSC05157.jpg

DSC05164.jpg

-------------------------

DSC05173.jpg

DSC05175.jpg

DSC05176.jpg

DSC05177.jpg

DSC05185.jpg

DSC05188.jpg

DSC05191.jpg

only need polish to remove the "orange peel effect"

see you ;D