**Voting is now opened** 2009 Modding Contest

Guest yAu

Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?

• Yes
    • No

I guess you are correct yAu, Cooler Master makes computer cases, not flower pots (or cases for flowers) as some one mentioned in the forum and it would be logical for all competing mods to truly be computers. However, nowadays, if something is only implied, I would dare say that many would interpret it as not necessary to comply and skip over it. Imagine people competing in the mod contest with only the cases! No use of great CM water cooling systems, heatsinks, bridge coolers, power sources, etc.--just empty cases!

Forcing competitors to make their mods functional will force them to think also about the hardware to be incorporated, thus spawning the use of the aforementioned great CM components and including them within the modded cases. It would atleast force them to put water into their water cooling systems!

That would mean photos of the interiors of the cases with explanations as to how they are to integrate their HW into their mod and atleast a boot up screen? More experienced competitors like FrenkieNL could tell us more on how to keep competitors honest. I say it is obligatory and implied, but I come from the "pure old school" train of thought, I don't cut corners.

From my experience ( a few years), most modders: personalize their cases, are gamers, and overclock. Some more in some areas than others but usually juggle all 3 areas with grace and enthusiasm. These are the guys (also a few gals) that are desirable to compete with in a contest, IMO.

Another 2 cents

Sincerely

Agreed, a good way to get validation is a screenshot of say CPU-z verifying your CPU, or another monitoring program, with your hardware manager open and the name of your computer, possibly a 3dMark link. While all of these can be forged as well, it would take much more effort.

I know my case mod, everything was taken into consideration, from mods, to hardware, components, lighting etc, to not only all match and compliment each other, but to be functional and perform like a champ! My mods accentuate the hardware by optimizing it, they are all fully functional, and while some may only seem aesthetic, they do have some sort of functionality to them. This build has been in the works in my brain for many months now. :D

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

After further discussion by our staff, we believe it's in the best interest of all participants to leave the rules as is considering the facts that we are only less than 20 days until the submission deadline and some participants have already submitted their entries.

We also noticed that there is no rule against submitting an incomplete mod, to honor the hard work put in by our participants, we'll allow incomplete mod entries but they will be explicitly titled 'incomplete' on the voting system.

Thank you for the suggestions, we'll absolutely take them into consideration for future contests as your feedback will help us provide better contests for everyone.

Hi,

After further discussion by our staff, we believe it's in the best interest of all participants to leave the rules as is considering the facts that we are only less than 20 days until the submission deadline and some participants have already submitted their entries.

We also noticed that there is no rule against submitting an incomplete mod, to honor the hard work put in by our participants, we'll allow incomplete mod entries but they will be explicitly titled 'incomplete' on the voting system.

Thank you for the suggestions, we'll absolutely take them into consideration for future contests as your feedback will help us provide better contests for everyone.

Agreed, this competition already being under way should remain the way the rules are written. But good suggestions by all above.

I do believe in modder's honor! Here is to what is shaping up to be a fantastic competition! :bounce::bounce:

13. We may use your Case Mod and Case Mod images locally, nationally or globally and such use may be made in any media, information or communication platform (including Internet advertising) currently in use or later developed.

14. You and not someone else composed and posted the Case Mod Case Mod and Case Mod images.

15. By participating, you conclusively agree to be bounded by these contest rules and conditions. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.

There are two items in the Terms and Conditions that ensure the validity of the projects.

If one of these items is not respected, the "winner" may lose the right to the prizes and respond in court for fraud in the contest.

Remember that the winner must provide an address for the prizes and could be subject to "visits" of regional representatives from CoolerMaster.

Here in Brazil, when I was one of the finalists of 2006 Contest, I had to visit the office of CoolerMaster Brazil to take photos and receive the prizes.

Mr. Kholl, Asgneto and their prizes for Case Mod 2006!

Foto_site.JPG

13. We may use your Case Mod and Case Mod images locally, nationally or globally and such use may be made in any media, information or communication platform (including Internet advertising) currently in use or later developed.

14. You and not someone else composed and posted the Case Mod Case Mod and Case Mod images.

15. By participating, you conclusively agree to be bounded by these contest rules and conditions. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.

There are two items in the Terms and Conditions that ensure the validity of the projects.

If one of these items is not respected, the "winner" may lose the right to the prizes and respond in court for fraud in the contest.

Remember that the winner must provide an address for the prizes and could be subject to "visits" of regional representatives from CoolerMaster.

Here in Brazil, when I was one of the finalists of 2006 Contest, I had to visit the office of CoolerMaster Brazil to take photos and receive the prizes.

Mr. Kholl, Asgneto and their prizes for Case Mod 2006!

Foto_site.JPG

Yea same when i won in the survey they ask me for my full name and address but i was picking up a cosmos s so i got mine then

yes its a wonderful door stopper

thedoorstopper-1.jpg

Re-having the Mod fully working : If you know the pc generates a number something like this 55274-008-1602775-22260 that is partially the hardware serial number it's basically the mixture of the hardware, now what cm could do it when a person is about to submit the project must do it from the mod itself, then a unique link is given which by permission of an active x component cm retrieve the serial number and then compare it with the one on show on a picture with had to be directly showing the mod working and it's screen besides this, the mod has to load a small pro which will get

a self diagnose of the system and communicate with cm server.

if this is to complicated a wed chat with an admin from the mod can be done . and if this is not enough a video could be taken of the moder using his mod to submit his application.

there is always a way to go but this will ensure less abuse if there is any.

This is my first time doing a mod therefore i don't really know how things work.

Regards

Archived